Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find out a legit ICO? - page 6. (Read 22504 times)

Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
January 29, 2019, 07:59:18 PM
Why would I want to invest in a project with anonymous team?  Even the ones with a well known team still end up being scam, so investing in a project with anonymous team is suicidal because you don't know the persons in charge and their abilities to lead the project to success. I would rather invest my money in existing projects that have being confirmed legit.
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
Easy Digital Payment for the Future
January 29, 2019, 07:54:15 PM
Its hard to find a legit ICO. I have came across many such ICOs which look good in the beginning, their team works actively, website is well updated, every query is properly answered and one fine day everyone disappears after they collect a good amount of funds. Personally I think there should be some regulations which needs to be followed before launching an ICO, a big forum like this could work on it.
but even so somehow I don't want to leave crypto and I'm sure you too, because even though there are a lot of bad ICOs that end in scam but I believe that one day everything will be tightened and the ICO will become profitable again
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
January 29, 2019, 07:37:34 PM
Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
Personally, i cannot go for an ICO, whose team is using an anonymous identity. Most of the ICOs of such nature, that i have into, ended up being scam.
Although, that might not be so common when blockchain projects were still new, but seem now to be used by scam projects.
Revealing identity is nit also a guarantee of genuineness, because they might be using fake identity.
copper member
Activity: 493
Merit: 13
January 29, 2019, 03:56:58 PM
Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
First of all.. do not participate in any project that has a anonymous developers... That's the first way to detect a crypto scam... not everyone is as honest as satoshi nakamoto
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
January 29, 2019, 03:52:01 PM
Originally, there is no legal ICO. The beauty of ICO is that anyone who has an idea can try to raise money for it. This is what scammers use. No regulation yet. Therefore, maybe a thorough analysis + intuition?
Activity: 420
January 29, 2019, 02:57:19 PM

I guess team, partnerships and project development are some of the criteria. For example, I am investing even in bear market in such projects like MPCX, OpuLabs, TAPCoin, Bitozz and many more!
Well, I think you need to invest very minimal, because for six months I have not seen a decent project that would even go on the stock exchange , I think it's too risky
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
January 29, 2019, 02:51:42 PM

I guess team, partnerships and project development are some of the criteria. For example, I am investing even in bear market in such projects like MPCX, OpuLabs, TAPCoin, Bitozz and many more!
Activity: 756
January 29, 2019, 02:42:47 PM
I think, if for example it might be 50% legitimate / fraud or even 100% legitimate / fraud depends on luck and better looking for another ico
Activity: 546
January 29, 2019, 11:25:47 AM
I begin to suspect that this cannot be done in any way, because today there is a very large percentage of projects that do not really want to do anything. Probably today it can be useful only in case of serious investments. But in any case we need to change the scheme.
Activity: 434
January 24, 2019, 06:16:50 PM
Finding a legitimate ICO depends on some factors depending on your search preferences. I first consider the team behind the project whether they are real or not. Secondly i also consider investing into projects that have already developed some product into the crypto community other than just investing projects with hypothetical solutions.
Activity: 169
January 24, 2019, 06:04:00 PM
Finding a legit ICO is one hell of a task now. Even with all the research and findings, one still fall prey to useless projects. The one you see to be legit today might turn out to be shit afterwards.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
January 24, 2019, 06:01:31 PM

For example, most of the projects Amazix is running are pretty legit, but not all of them for sure. You must check them still.
I would consider security tokens, and as an example, Neufund platform (the only licensed one in EU) is running such, and they are about to bring 10 new projects.

I doubt legit projects would care themselves about making own bounties and all that hustle with answering day to day the same questions.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
January 24, 2019, 05:56:26 PM
I would always check out the team carefully.

Google their names, check LinkedIn profile, what were their previous jobs, how much man power, any competitors etc.
Now scammers can create all this information about themselves and you can never figure it out in such way.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
January 24, 2019, 05:53:16 PM
I would always check out the team carefully.

Google their names, check LinkedIn profile, what were their previous jobs, how much man power, any competitors etc.
Activity: 840
Merit: 3
January 24, 2019, 04:35:21 PM
This is rather difficult although not impossible  in my opinion. most times even when the team claim to meet soft cap and hard  cab they still exit scam at last.
Although you may consider checking out for the team's  activeness on social media, the white paper and find out if what the have there is feasible.
Also, check the use case of their token  try to check if they are following their road map.

Although some of them write all sorts of convincing plans on their white paper yet still exit scam at last . But a thorough research might help a bit.
Activity: 574
January 23, 2019, 11:37:22 PM
The legitimate ICO process is very difficult for us to get now. And until now I personally often get a failed ICO. Many people say that to know the legitimate ICO by conducting research from various aspects. But this is often done, but the results remain the same.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
January 23, 2019, 10:56:01 PM
I myself always find out everything about the ICO project before I invest, for example, I open the project's website, then I will look for the project's social media account, then I check one by one, if on social media it is always active and has many followers , I will be sure that the project is legitimate.
I think that was not enough, it is really simple to make a face account on social media so I think scam ICO has the capacity to make a social media account with many followers. In my part I will always look for the team history and thier experience on building a sucessful ico before. If the team has already a good reputation and very transparent that will surely take an advantages to investors.
I agree on that we really need to check the background history of the team who handle the ICO, because if we don't make a research about the CEO or maybe on team member of the people who handle ICO we are maybe really prone on the scam ico and we can surely become a victim's and loss in the end. So then o believe that good ICO comes with the great and active team with a good background history.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
January 23, 2019, 10:55:16 PM
I think we just able to minimize on getting scammed by those scam ICO.
That is by looking as many information as possible while making sure that all the information is real.
I believe information is the best friend in crypto world.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
January 23, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
I myself always find out everything about the ICO project before I invest, for example, I open the project's website, then I will look for the project's social media account, then I check one by one, if on social media it is always active and has many followers , I will be sure that the project is legitimate.
I think that was not enough, it is really simple to make a face account on social media so I think scam ICO has the capacity to make a social media account with many followers. In my part I will always look for the team history and thier experience on building a sucessful ico before. If the team has already a good reputation and very transparent that will surely take an advantages to investors.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 09:00:39 PM
Pages:
Jump to: