Pages:
Author

Topic: 📌How to invest in ICO more safely? Checklist📌 - page 7. (Read 1455 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Power to gnomes!
I can add 1 tip from this forum. Recommend to look for the information about the team and its participants in social networks. Skam projects tend not to show the real personality.
Activity: 364
Merit: 257
Be kind to each other
+ check the linkedins of the team.  Do they have any relevant experience prior to their ICO/crypto-time?  Who are they? 
+ Lots of marketing isn't a good thing.  ICO's that 'moon' the hardest are often the ones with good ideas flying relatively under the radar.
+ If a pre-ico is hyped too much, it probably won't be the best ico...

I fully agree with every point about which you are speaking. I think I'll add these items to my checklist when I edit it next time. Thank you.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
try to buy only major coins and be aware of holding your coins-tokens at exchange. Buy a hardware wallet and forget your investments for years.
Enjoy your day time job and spend your time with your family.
Come back after few years and enjoy your earnings this is the safiest way to get profit in crypto
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
First of all check ICO team its simply easy. If there is fakes then project scam.
You can contact with him and ask about project something
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
For me, before to invest anything in ICO, I first do those things:
- check ICO idea;
- Is the Idea inovative and will it change something in the world;
- when the project will end (end day)
- who are in the team? Are they experts from different areas?

Probably for me, the last question is the most important, because if there are experts from different areas they will handle more eassily new unexpected thing when they occur durring the project.

Power to gnomes!
Thanks for you thread mate. It is a great idea to gather all that usefull tips in one place. I'm sure that such thread deserve to pinned. It will help newbs to save their money and will help the community to get rid of low quality / scam ICOs.
📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;
Can you pls explain me the point about Linux and why Windows is bad? It seems to be obvious because everyone  talk about it but I still haven't seen an explanation of that point and I don't know much about cubersecurity.
P.S. It may also seem obvious but I wou;d suggest to add a point about checking the  sources about the ICOs. For example to check if the team is real, find their Linkedin profiles and check for references. Also it is always good to check their twitter for fake followers.
I am also interested in this question. Many times I have heard this advice. Linux is difficult to learn. For this reason, most people use Windows when dealing with cryptocurrencies. If someone to explain in detail why this is so, I also think about changing the operating system.
If you installing Windows need to download/buy a program to protect against viruses to keep your computer safe from hackers and malware. Linux has built-in security system. So I think it is not necessary to switch to Linux, you can just buy a good virus scan for Windows.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
+ check the linkedins of the team.  Do they have any relevant experience prior to their ICO/crypto-time?  Who are they? 
+ Lots of marketing isn't a good thing.  ICO's that 'moon' the hardest are often the ones with good ideas flying relatively under the radar.
+ If a pre-ico is hyped too much, it probably won't be the best ico...
Activity: 153

we cover news around ICO's everyday on our telegram channel:

https://t.me/globalblockchainnews

be sure to check it out
Activity: 168
Thanks for you thread mate. It is a great idea to gather all that usefull tips in one place. I'm sure that such thread deserve to pinned. It will help newbs to save their money and will help the community to get rid of low quality / scam ICOs.
📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;
Can you pls explain me the point about Linux and why Windows is bad? It seems to be obvious because everyone  talk about it but I still haven't seen an explanation of that point and I don't know much about cubersecurity.
P.S. It may also seem obvious but I wou;d suggest to add a point about checking the  sources about the ICOs. For example to check if the team is real, find their Linkedin profiles and check for references. Also it is always good to check their twitter for fake followers.
I am also interested in this question. Many times I have heard this advice. Linux is difficult to learn. For this reason, most people use Windows when dealing with cryptocurrencies. If someone to explain in detail why this is so, I also think about changing the operating system.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
Be kind to each other
The Checklist is very thorough and indeed helpful especially for one that is new to the cryptoworld and looking to invest in ICOs.
The checklist must be taken seriously if you invest in any ICO and be successful in investments.

Thank you! What do you think that I should add to this list in the next iteration when I again sit down for several hours to edit and add it?
Activity: 2
The Checklist is very thorough and indeed helpful especially for one that is new to the cryptoworld and looking to invest in ICOs.
The checklist must be taken seriously if you invest in any ICO and be successful in investments.
Merit: 101
thanks for sharing, but i think the main problem at present is that good projects are all sold to the institutions, its hard for retail investors to participate in
Be kind to each other
Indeed, this is a useful post for beginners, because most beginners don't know what ICO is.
They only know that ICO can make a profit, so this post can help them understand ICO, better choose ICO and guarantee the security of their tokens.

I think that my list of analytical factors for the evaluation of ICO is useful not only for beginners, but also for investors with certain experience.
The checklist is useful at least in the fact that many non-obvious things are collected in one place, and each item came with experience.
Yes, as you said, it's a good post.
I think you should be able to popularize the erc20 wallet and various wallet formats, because many new players will always transfer tokens from the exchange to the wrong address.

This is a valuable comment, thank you.
In spite of the fact that in the rules of many ICO it is written that it is impossible to send the air directly from stock exchanges, people still continue to do this and remain with nothing. Perhaps, I will add this remark to the next edition of my check-list.
Activity: 224
Indeed, this is a useful post for beginners, because most beginners don't know what ICO is.
They only know that ICO can make a profit, so this post can help them understand ICO, better choose ICO and guarantee the security of their tokens.

I think that my list of analytical factors for the evaluation of ICO is useful not only for beginners, but also for investors with certain experience.
The checklist is useful at least in the fact that many non-obvious things are collected in one place, and each item came with experience.
Yes, as you said, it's a good post.
I think you should be able to popularize the erc20 wallet and various wallet formats, because many new players will always transfer tokens from the exchange to the wrong address.
Be kind to each other

Activity: 224
Be kind to each other
I like your list, it's very well written.

Just a notice on passwords:

"📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;"

IMO 3-4 random word password is much more secure and easier to remember than 8-10 random chars like ZA|KJd03@d0

Thank you for your valuable comments about the passwords. I'm glad that some of the commentators have something useful that can be added to my list. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
I like your list, it's very well written.

Just a notice on passwords:

"📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;"

IMO 3-4 random word password is much more secure and easier to remember than 8-10 random chars like ZA|KJd03@d0

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Nice post, and I am really glad people are getting themselves educated before investing in the space, alot of these projects have taken advantage of investors in the space having no hardcap, just look at Mobilego for example another salient point you raised that I like is the bonus structure, I learn mt learn when I invested into SONM, the pre-sale bonus and the ICO bonus was very huge.
There is no need to jump on FOMO because there will always be another good project to invest into
Pages:
Jump to: