Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know a good project? - page 14. (Read 5352 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 22, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
you must look into a lot of aspects but the main ones are

1) team (real or not, investigate)
2) whitepaper
3) product (finished or not)
4) use case for product
5) cap and token sale details

I am sure there are few more but those are most important

i would say use case is overlooked way too much these days,
sure short term profits can  be made from trading coins without a future but the real money is made from those with long term potential.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
September 22, 2017, 07:58:15 AM
It is easy if you see their bounty is well made and no negative comments and has a very great ico.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 04:31:47 PM
There only one phrase "research" nothing else. Need to being educated, it's not fair just started. You guys invest exactly what can afford to lose. ICO so risky, get knowledge the overall project to deal it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 659
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
September 21, 2017, 04:25:03 PM
The first step, in my opinion, to qualify a project is:

- Understanding the Blockchain, its peculiarities, its advantages on the fingertips
- Understanding technical constraints
- Understand Ether, Bancor (Smart Contract, Smart Token)
- Read the White Paper
- Watch the team Qualified? Nationality? Past? ... )
- Watch the Roadmap

Have Balls Cheesy
Activity: 108
September 21, 2017, 04:10:57 PM

I usually watch videos on youtube pertaining to the coin that I'm interested in , one of the most informative channels is called, DataDash and Crypt0. You could also read the white paper, but I find that the actual use of the coin is more important. For example, EOS is developed by the creator of Steemit and Golem is a coin that's backed up by a very strong team of devs that are building a decentralized way for everyone to make money from their unused computer power.

Find the best method that will help you not only understand the coin but the company's vision so that you can make the right decision. Again, I personally watch youtube videos by the most trusted tech-minded people in the industry to help me understand all this new tech that's always changing in the crypto-world.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Activity: 8
September 21, 2017, 12:37:17 PM
Is Satoshi Nakamoto still active as Dev?  Roll Eyes Grin
Activity: 5
September 21, 2017, 11:32:20 AM
Thanks for all the previous replies, trying to learn the methods as well, good points!

Maybe also check any blogs/forums where the project is discussed or any project specific twitters etc. From these sources you can see how much people are talking about the project and what people are thinking about it.
Activity: 110
September 21, 2017, 11:19:14 AM
To find a good project you need to have a look to dev team history and understand the project goals and the roadmap.
Activity: 49
September 20, 2017, 02:01:22 PM
you must look into a lot of aspects but the main ones are

1) team (real or not, investigate)
2) whitepaper
3) product (finished or not)
4) use case for product
5) cap and token sale details

I am sure there are few more but those are most important

THIS. 100%
Activity: 238
September 20, 2017, 01:26:04 PM

thanks to those who share their experience! for beginners this is important
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
September 20, 2017, 03:15:19 AM
You should read their white paper. If you see that it's just copy paste from other projects, then you should be cautious on joining orinvesting on that project. You should be research deeper because not every details and informations they give are true. Like pictures. Sometimes they use other pictures which are not them just to present to people. So check that also. Every good project have reputable developers. You should check them. They must present a roadmap. Soem scam ICOs are not presenting any roadmap. So beware of that.

ICOs is more risky. So better have a deeper research about the project to avoid losses. ICOs these days are just popping out of nowhere. Some are just so hype but you can't see the uses or value of that project. Now that China ban ICOs only few ICOs i think can make the project successful. Some ICOs will give huge profit from the start but it's being dump later on. That happen too often.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 20, 2017, 02:59:02 AM
If it has a good ICO and a good price already raised so that means it can hit it's max cap easily if they are already in a big amount just in the Pre-ICO. and if there are many people joining campaigns. especially when legendary joins.
Activity: 47
September 19, 2017, 03:58:50 AM
here every ICO have implementation plan for run project you follow to get indicator success
Activity: 18
September 19, 2017, 02:34:47 AM
 A few things stick out to me:

- Functionality. Does the project serve a purpose that hasn't already been filled by some other coin? Usually coins that do something different other than just copy/pasta another coin will be more successful.

- Team members. Are they active on the forums and quick to assist members? Do they share their own social media links? No social links means it could be a potential scam and they're just trying to stay anonymous.

- Product roadmap. Do they have plans for the future or are they just winging it? You never want to invest in something that doesn't have a clear plan for future development and additional features/upkeep.

- Market implementation. Do team members of the coin/ico have agreements in place to be listed on popular exchanges (This one is big)? Good marketing strategy is important. Are they able to get their point across even to users with no previous crypto experience? Do the have plans for multiple language translations (Really important for expanding mass market potential)
Activity: 5
September 19, 2017, 02:20:47 AM
i'm newbie just know cryptocurrency, i have a little money and i really want to income ICO. But a newbie like me will not discern which is a good project. so i hope old member who have experience this will share for me How to know a good project?

It's all about the team... even a good project with good tech can fail if it doesn't have the right people around it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
September 19, 2017, 02:15:38 AM
I think there's only looking at the prior work of those involved. See what's on the table, and try and figure out whether it can work. It still feels a bit like gambling to me.
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
September 18, 2017, 10:18:52 PM
i'm newbie just know cryptocurrency, i have a little money and i really want to income ICO. But a newbie like me will not discern which is a good project. so i hope old member who have experience this will share for me How to know a good project?

Look for proofs and legitimacy and backgrounds like looking at the profile of the campain or bouhty manager specullate check for recents and its better to consult sime high ranks to gather some infos to avoid being scammed
Activity: 308
September 18, 2017, 10:16:43 PM
There's always a risk when involving in projects even project holders are in risk in case it don't success.
Dig deep about the persons on the back of the project, lastest jobs of developers, money and time invested all this to start from something. If you see something sketchy around you rather not to invest, but if you are into speculating on projects some risk's should be taken.
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
September 18, 2017, 10:14:00 PM
Look for legitemacy and backgrounds to prevent some scams like looking the background of the manager search for more infos and speculae
Pages:
Jump to: