Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know when to BUY? - page 18. (Read 2030 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 19, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
if you can analyze, analyze the market you use for trading then you can buy the coins you want to buy. but if not, you could just use your feeling and see the coin that is going down drastically, then you can buy it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 89
Full Stack Engineer
April 19, 2018, 10:12:26 AM
I don't want to hold, I want to trade, I want to have good strategy knowledge Smiley

So please share your knowledge, for example current bitcoin chart has low volatility, only a whale bought some bitcoin and lifted the chart up, but except him, it is a straight line which means it is ready to go up according to my knowledge. Is it true or there are other signs that is won't go up?

How to read charts correctly? I know the news are important but ignore it for now.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
April 19, 2018, 03:26:06 AM
      - Snip -
      I would like to say, it's a smart thinking all about. What do you want to know. It might be helpful to you and others. Moreover you should to practice to do know well.[/list][/list]
      I'm sorry mate, i don't know what you're talking about. What i want to know and what pratice do you mean?

Practice means experience I think,but there is no definite way available when to invest on crypto currencies we just have to make our own decision,that is why people saying crypto currency investment is risky.But if we are going to hold that coin in long term then current price is the best you can get huge amount of profit if he can hold more than one year.
      legendary
      Activity: 3654
      Merit: 1165
      www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
      April 19, 2018, 03:20:34 AM
      Hello,

Can somebody explain how to decide buying an altcoin?

Let me write what I know;
      • Check the coinmarketcap.com and choose ones with high volume
      • Check the projects
      • Check the chart, if it is pumped, don't buy, wait
      • Check the chart, if it is dumping, wait low volatility

Please correct and/or add other ideas to help noob traders like me Smiley
      Since you are already truthful to yourself that you do not have any idea of trading, the best thing is for you to hold. Trading is better for sure as you can use the fluctuations to make some pretty good profit, but you will not be making any profit if you do not know how to trade, and with the market being always faster most of the time, and with the way the alts always respond to dumps, you may end up not having a good decision making technique for your trade. Since you are eager to learn, there are so many resources online you can make use of and that would help you.
      Activity: 364
      Merit: 256
      April 19, 2018, 02:57:09 AM
      Hello,

• Check the projects

I will try to give merits to good posts as much as I can.

Thanks.

We all know that we are still experiencing the blood bath in digital crypto currency and for me I think it is the best opportunity to invest in crypto. But it is still depends upon on you. The best way to know when to buy is having a target price. It would be a big help for you to decide if when are you going to buy. Actually, I never use my own money to invest in digital crypto but I use this strategy when I am selling all the coins that I am holding. I swear that this strategy is good whether you are a beginner or not.
      legendary
      Activity: 1554
      Merit: 1054
      April 19, 2018, 02:52:31 AM
      -snip
      Wow.... You really deserve applaud for even taking your time to state all these, no matter how long it looks, it is resourceful and informative. This is more like the summary of how I trade altcoins for the long term and this would really help anyone who is actually ready to learn. To add to this, I would say sticking to the 24 hour (daily) candle is always the best, but no one should expect a huge increase quickly as all these takes time for those looking forward to a bull market.

Most times, you may need to wait a long time to get the best result, but that is the idea of long term trading anyway.  You have really explained almost everything to make any one start trading long term easily. Good one bro!

By the way, the OP has stated enough as well and how to check the coins to buy so as not to end up bag holding shit coins, but I would like to add the Ichimoku cloud strategy to what haroldtee has stated. Ichimoku cloud has always been good to trade markets that are changing trends easily. I cannot start giving all the details as it would require some graphical representation, but there are lots of articles online to help anyone to trade this strategy for both short and long term.
      Activity: 294
      Merit: 13
      April 18, 2018, 03:04:55 AM
      Hello,

• Check the projects

Thanks.

I agree with some of your idea such as checking volume and the project. There are several additional idea from me:
      1. If altcoin is in ICO position, check the project profile including the roadmap, project team core and advisors about their expertise, experience and capabilities, and also the benefit provided to people. If understood that the services will be demanded by lot of people, this project has good prospective.
      2. If altcoin has finished the ICO means the project is running and the coins had been distributed, then below to be checked:
         a. Do technical analysis covering: seeing the chart including sufficient indicators such as Moving Average, stochastic, volume, etc.
         b. Do fundamental analysis covering: search current progress of the project achieved by team, seek the information about global news specially bitcoin and other crypto as a whole, and also check current opinion of people to the altcoin targeted.

Those above are general idea when we should buy and also sell our crypto.
      Activity: 854
      Merit: 140
      April 18, 2018, 02:52:09 AM
          - Snip -
          I would like to say, it's a smart thinking all about. What do you want to know. It might be helpful to you and others. Moreover you should to practice to do know well.[/list][/list]
          I'm sorry mate, i don't know what you're talking about. What i want to know and what pratice do you mean?

We either buy when the market is down or we buy in bulk. The reason is that when the market is red, the purchasing power of the money we have is more and we can buy more goods and servises that we could before. Secondly, even if the market is not down, if you purchase in bulk, your average cost is redused as a result of which you spend less than you would have spent if the amount of the goods bought were not huge.
          This is an example of why i said that many investor tend to buy when the uptrend already over and considered a new dowtrend as a corrections, you should differ your point of view when the market is down. A correction has different meaning with a trend switch. You should upgrade your trading knowledge using either technical analysis or fundamental to gain a new reason to buy or sell. Buying in bulk when the price is cheap will surely upgrade your quantity of coins however if the price keep decreasing then you won't have enough money to do another buyback while maintaining your losses. Therefore all you can do is doing what most common investor do, waiting and hope someday the price will reach your initial buying price.
          Activity: 759
          Merit: 105
          April 17, 2018, 06:14:21 PM
          One would need to consider so many factors before start buy or investing money in altcoins such as the team behind the project, the technology and above all the impacts on the people and society at large.
          Yes, i would agree with you on that OP should consider the work of the team and their product of the project because by doing this he is just plainly helping the community and those team also to reach their dreams. And i will agree on the list of OP he's totally helping those who doesn't know how to trade yet.
          Activity: 1330
          Merit: 291
          April 17, 2018, 05:54:16 PM
          One would need to consider so many factors before start buy or investing money in altcoins such as the team behind the project, the technology and above all the impacts on the people and society at large.
          Activity: 168
          Merit: 10
          April 17, 2018, 04:41:11 PM
          Hello,

• Check the projects

Thanks.
          Bitcoin has just hit a strong fall and broke the $ 7900 level and will return to the downtrend. According to analysts, bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall and will reach $ 7,700 so you can wait until then to buy bitcoin. Currently bitcoin is back and recheck the $ 7900 may be after the test will fall deeper.
          legendary
          Activity: 1232
          Merit: 1091
          April 17, 2018, 04:39:55 PM
          We either buy when the market is down or we buy in bulk. The reason is that when the market is red, the purchasing power of the money we have is more and we can buy more goods and servises that we could before. Secondly, even if the market is not down, if you purchase in bulk, your average cost is redused as a result of which you spend less than you would have spent if the amount of the goods bought were not huge.

Large purchases are never a good idea, regardless of the market we're in, and especially not if the market hasn't been tanked to the bottom. You are either a bit confused with how you want to explain yourself, or just completely miss the target. Either way, buying and selling should always be done in smaller fractions -- bulk purchases, as you like to call them, make you too dependent on one particular outcome, which is never a good thing in this market. I like to work with 5-10% buy or sale fractions per time, which gives me enough freedom to catch up on a decline, or unload more coins in case the market keeps going up, all to maximize my profits. In this case it's largely a matter of logical thinking....
          Activity: 462
          Merit: 336
          April 17, 2018, 04:35:28 PM

Since you are asking specifically about altcoins I would suggest that this would more properly belong in an altcoin board. Might I suggest altcoin (speculation)? Found here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0 , or even just Simple Altcoin Discussion , Found Here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0 . Trading discussion isn't the worst board for this conversation, but I just feel there are people with better expertise on the subject of Altcoins.

That being said, I rarely find myself purchasing an altcoin, because they are rarely a good investment from what I've gathered. Altcoins, I have found are rarely a good long-term investment when compared to bitcoin and seem to be more of a short-term opportunity.

Your criteria are a bit off I believe, because high-volume does not always mean good things and can very often mean that you have missed the bus. I would argue that it is very difficult to find a coin with High-volume that is not currently pumping(rising) or dumping(falling). The only criteria that I can seemingly get behind is to check out the projects, because that will normally tell you the longevity and success of a project, all things being equal. You have to verify that the project is offering a creative solution, if it is not then it will gain no traction.
          Activity: 1092
          Merit: 501
          April 17, 2018, 04:21:55 PM
          We need to buy when the price is low but it is hard to find the bottom line of the price level that is why people are saying do your own research.For me I will start buying bitcoin when there is a positive news about bitcoin and sell when there is a negative news about bitcoin because normally the price will dump and bump according to the news about bitcoin.
          Activity: 1344
          Merit: 110
          SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
          April 17, 2018, 10:50:04 AM
          Hello,

• Check the projects

Thanks.

There are ways how to buy alts, depends on certain events of the the alt itself and the market status. The total market volume and most probably the price of Bitcoin. Here are some tips that I got from the beginning when I was just practicing. Pay attention to Bitcoin, most alts are pegged or correlated to altcoins, most of them drops when BTC price drops. Never put your money in one alts only, diversify it to the most alts that suits your taste and you believed in. Losing is an option, don't drag yourself with it and accept it. Set a stop loss, that way you can start again with less damage and try to learn from you mistakes. These are some tips that are useful for me, hope it might help you too.
          Activity: 686
          Merit: 264
          "STAY IN THE DARK"
          April 17, 2018, 10:42:42 AM
          We need to buy when the price is low but it is hard to find the bottom line of the price level that is why people are saying do your own research.For me I will start buying bitcoin when there is a positive news about bitcoin and sell when there is a negative news about bitcoin because normally the price will dump and bump according to the news about bitcoin.
          Activity: 448
          Merit: 89
          Full Stack Engineer
          April 17, 2018, 10:26:52 AM
          Guys, thank you for your complements but I'm not a trader at all. It dumps when I buy, it goes to moon after I sell Smiley Still it is true for me.
          So I'm a clear noob.

I know there are many people around like me, so I decided to help them and myself collecting good signs of buying in a single topic.
          I hope we can create a nice list for that.

Of course nobody can predict 100%, but traders are people too and they have some accurate predictions as well, so what they do?

It cannot be that easy to explain in 4 steps.
          Activity: 686
          Merit: 100
          ★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
          April 17, 2018, 10:18:40 AM
          Hello,

• Check the projects

Thanks.

I think your list is enough and very valuable for newbie like me and I can say you're technical trader. There's also method to decide when to buy and we call it fundamental, meaning depend news ( rumors ). For this one, you should search many news about altcoin and create calculation if the news comes up what will happen into crypto market. This is good method for opportunist trader create income, do that and good luck to you.
          Activity: 2744
          Merit: 541
          Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
          April 17, 2018, 10:11:37 AM
          Hello,

• Check the projects

Thanks.
          seems like youre bright enough to ask some question like this because we can see that you know every fundamentals of buying good coins..i guess i dont have something to add,but to tell you that just follow your instincts because you already have the skills.
          Activity: 224
          Merit: 0
          April 17, 2018, 09:59:21 AM
          Its very difficult to tell but you should analysis it when coin price is up and down then you buy some coin
          Pages:
          Jump to: