Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome depression? - page 2. (Read 2572 times)

Activity: 181
Merit: 10
April 12, 2018, 02:07:24 PM
Never be alone..... A problem share is half solved. Identify the cause of the depression and work on it.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
April 12, 2018, 09:17:39 AM
Find something meaningful to do everyday. Also listen to good music
Activity: 5
Merit: 5
April 12, 2018, 08:57:02 AM
Suffering from depression means more than just dealing with a bad week or even a bad month. Depression is a weakening condition that can make it impossible for you to enjoy your daily existence. If you are plagued with feelings of overwhelming sadness, loneliness, worthlessness, and cannot imagine that things will get any better, then you may be suffering from depression. If you want to know how to overcome your depression and enjoy your life again, follow these steps.
1. Consult with a doctor. Only after a thorough evaluation with a psychiatrist or psychologist can you be diagnosed with depression. Many illnesses and medications may contribute to depressive feelings. Therefore, your doctor will administer a variety of tests, conduct a physical examination, and an interview to get to the bottom of your symptoms.
2. Recognize that you're suffering from depression. To overcome your depression, you have to first determine if what you're feeling are the symptoms of depression. Though depression is different for every person, there are a few signs that are hallmarks of the illness. You may have depression, if:

You feel worthless, helpless, or guilty without knowing why.
    You're feeling hopeless about most aspects of your life and can't imagine that anything will improve for you.
    You feel a decrease in your energy levels and are tired no matter what you do.
    You feel restless at night and have trouble sleeping and/or waking up in the morning.
    You've stopped feeling pleasure doing the activities that used to make you happy, such as spending time with friends, pursuing your hobbies, or being intimate.
    There has been a dramatic change in your sleeping habits, such as insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping.
    You have lost your appetite or are overeating, but cannot stop.
    It is much easier for you to be alone than to put the effort into interacting with others.
    You constantly feel irritable for no reason.
    You have had thoughts of suicide. If you are thinking suicidal thoughts, seek help immediately.
3. Learn about the possible causes of depression. Although doctors have not narrowed down one clear-cut reason people experience depression, they tend to see this disorder arise in people with common genetic, biological, psychological, and environmental factors. Your doctor might determine any of the following as being a cause of your depression:

Addiction to drugs or alcohol. If you have a drug or alcohol addiction, then this may be a cause for your depression. A doctor can help you see if you have an addiction and can tell you the next steps.
    Genetic causes. If depression runs in your family, you are more likely to be depressed. You can discuss whether other people in your family have suffered from depression, even if they were never diagnosed; you can also talk to your parents or other family members to see if people in your family had depression without you knowing.
    A hormonal imbalance. If you have a thyroid problem or other hormonal imbalance, it may be causing your depression.
    Another illness. A doctor can help you see if you're suffering from another illness that can cause or precede your depression, such as an anxiety disorder such as OCD, or even a psychotic disorder such as schizophrenia.
    A side effect of a medication you are taking. If you're taking a medication for another problem, a doctor can tell you if depression is one of the side effects and may be able to switch you to an equally effective medication without this side effect.
    A seasonal disturbance. Some people experience depression as a result of seasonal changes. For example, symptoms might last throughout the winter each year. This form of depression is referred to as seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 12:44:30 PM
Depression is a mental problems, for at least two weeks, a person is depressed, depressed and relieved of every thing. Apart from this, different types of physical and emotional symptoms are released. Due to depression, the personal family, educational, professional and social life of the person is damaged and the behave of normal conduct disappears.
Activity: 22
April 11, 2018, 12:31:34 AM
To overcome depression, you have to mingle to people around you with positive vibes. Go out and have fun, keep your self busy or do some work so you will not be overthinking about problems or any struggles in your mind.
Activity: 26
April 11, 2018, 12:30:28 AM
Well if the depression came from people who hurt you, forgiving such people would be the best answer to get out of that depression. In such ways you could also gain new ways.
Activity: 149
April 10, 2018, 11:42:25 PM
by doing a hobby that could eliminate the tired mind. the depression never felt however brought chill relieving depression. If to Miss then it is dangerous.
Activity: 7
April 10, 2018, 10:55:32 PM
meditation and spend a lot of time in nature.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
April 04, 2018, 11:15:22 AM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
WORK!
Do something useful Wink
Consult with a doctor. Only after a thorough evaluation with a psychiatrist or psychologist can you be diagnosed with depression. Many illnesses and medications may contribute to depressive feelings. Therefore, your doctor will administer a variety of tests, conduct a physical examination, and an interview to get to the bottom of your symptoms.
Activity: 4
April 04, 2018, 10:45:58 AM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
I think, consult with a doctor. Only after a thorough evaluation with a psychiatrist or psychologist can you be diagnosed with depression.
Recognize that you're suffering from depression.
Maintain healthy relationships.
Fill your schedule with events and activities you love.
Improve your sleeping habits.
Improve your diet.
Just to realize that you need to do something - already half the battle
Activity: 110
April 04, 2018, 10:42:48 AM
Meditation is a best way to overcome depression .Do not think about future too much. Tell your problems to someone listen .
Activity: 29
April 04, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
If you can't think of any words that can help them, why not try to do something for them. Make them smile and enjoy. Let them see how happy to live this life. A depressed person always seeks help because they can't solve problems in their life. So if you encountered a person who is experiencing depression, help them because that's what they all need.
Activity: 42
April 04, 2018, 09:35:26 AM
overcome depression its hard to others but if find you how to to overcome depression do something fun you like it to make you enjoy or go everywhere that somethings new
Activity: 91
Merit: 5
April 04, 2018, 06:48:42 AM
Get out of crypto

lol

Nah, on a serious note;
- find a partner and have a loving relationship
- get a pet
- get kids
- get a job
- work as a volunteer and help people that need help
- do sports
- surround yourself with positive, uplifting people
Activity: 42
April 04, 2018, 04:39:01 AM
She cannot overcome it on her own, she need as someone to talk to, a psychologist, family member or friends,
She need a proper guidance,
When somebody says he or she wants to die, it a Red signal that she or he need a great help or worst
Activity: 140
April 04, 2018, 02:30:40 AM
simple for it, vacation and fun hobby, that's how I deal with depression
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 03:27:13 PM
The best you can do is to go to a psychologist. Alternatively you can try to find a new hobby to distract yourself from destructing thoughts.
Activity: 40
March 27, 2018, 04:03:09 AM
Depression is a weakening condition that can make it impossible for you to enjoy your daily existence. If you are lonely, and thinking that a certain problem will not get better or there is no solution you are suffering for depression. To overcome depression first understand your depression, second improve your life and lastly develop healthier habits.
Activity: 126
March 27, 2018, 02:26:55 AM
Hi, So many ways available  overcome to depression. Talking with your friends or family regarding issues, walking with you puppy or friends, spend sometime with nature, Listen to music, Play game, dinner outing with you family, meet new people  or join a club,  watching funny movies ect...
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
March 26, 2018, 08:38:28 PM
Depressiin is a killer. And it is really hard to identify if someone was actually suffering from it. As for someone who's been through it. The best advice i can give to them is to pray and share what you are going through to the people you trust. Think of what made you happy all this years.
Pages:
Jump to: