Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome depression? - page 27. (Read 2572 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 07:03:50 AM
It depends on the root cause.. Some might be fixed with some counselling, but others might really need to take meds as we can never really cure hormonal imbalances with mere pshychology.
Activity: 79
January 12, 2018, 06:51:05 AM
Share your problems with someone who's near your heart. You can also make yourself busy with something that will help you to forget about your problems which making you depressed. Or you can take a break from your daily activities and go somewhere to relax and refresh your mind.
Activity: 88
Merit: 2
January 12, 2018, 06:34:33 AM
If you're depressed and have no reason to live: just switch all your life to another sphere, move to another country and stop communication with your old friends. Find a new one. That cardinal changing will have an effect of a shock therapy.
Activity: 298
Merit: 102
January 12, 2018, 02:13:13 AM
You can try to cope with the blues, adjusting your diet, beginning to exercise moderately, using folk remedies and all other methods available to you
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 01:53:09 AM
Seeing a psychologist, looking for professional advice is never wrong
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
January 12, 2018, 01:28:47 AM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
Overcoming depression is like overcoming addiction. Depressed people has recurrent thoughts that will lead to suicidal ideations later on. Addiction on the other hand, a person gets addicted and dependent on a substance and later on, cannot function without it.
Going back, in order to help a person overcome depression, there should be an effective support system. This is a great help to depressed people because this is a way for them to vent out their thoughts and feslings and also they feel not alone whenever someone listens to them.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 12:04:06 AM
In order to overcome depression, one has to firdt identify the cause or reason for feeling depressed. Without that then it would be hard to address. Next is to ask for help by opening up to a family member, a friend, a mentor or antone whom you trust. Then seek professional help. There are medicines to help your condition especially if you are restless or having anxiety or panic attacks.
Activity: 128
January 11, 2018, 11:59:30 PM
Make yourself busy . Or maybe you should go out , travel or what . To make and feel u better & happy . Talk to someone that can listen to you.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
January 11, 2018, 04:55:29 AM
A person who is depressed needs his family and friends around. He might commit suicide.

He/she should focus on the positive, mingle with the right crowd, work with right purpose and set your mind on the things that can give you good success. Avoid being with negative people and wrong crowd, give yourself freedom to choose not dictated by others. Be mature and aim for Good things. Don't forget to always put God first.

Thats true, to @OP monitor your friend and let her family knows her situation.  Also, clinical depression or depression that left  unattended for a long time needs a professional help or Psychiatrist. She maybe needs medication on her problem. Hope its not too late.
Activity: 72
January 11, 2018, 04:31:06 AM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
You need to know  her problem clearly and solve it . Maybe she can not handle it but you or someone can handle it .
If the problem is resolved, I think she will be relieved
Activity: 36
January 11, 2018, 04:25:53 AM
Often, one strong emotion behind depression is anger. Anger can be a hard emotion to deal with, but it is actually a natural human reaction to frustration. Getting angry may seem like it would only make you feel worse, but when you don’t deal with anger directly, you tend to turn it on yourself. It is important to allow yourself the freedom to fully feel your feelings, but at the same time, to control yourself from acting them out in any way that is harmful. You can recognize and accept your anger in a healthy way that releases the emotion without allowing it to fester or be turned into an attack on yourself.
Activity: 28
January 11, 2018, 04:19:08 AM
Prayer is powerful.pray in all times god will never leave you nor forsake you.he is faithful to us all the time.

Prayer is good but we must help also our self to survive and overcome the depression. We must know what is the main source of that problem or experience so that we are able to find proper solution. Depression is a mental problem that need mental medication. Medication can be in the form of exploring our self to positive things like creating good relationship to others, talking with your friends that will give you proper advice, family. We must learn how to fight our own weaknesses because that is the best way to overcome depression.
Activity: 63
January 11, 2018, 03:57:01 AM
A person who is depressed needs his family and friends around. He might commit suicide.

He/she should focus on the positive, mingle with the right crowd, work with right purpose and set your mind on the things that can give you good success. Avoid being with negative people and wrong crowd, give yourself freedom to choose not dictated by others. Be mature and aim for Good things. Don't forget to always put God first.
Activity: 76
January 11, 2018, 03:40:58 AM
Depression subdue one strength and ability.To overcome depression one need to minimize anything that cause depression.
Activity: 434
January 11, 2018, 03:36:20 AM
In order to overcome depression, one must first do what makes him or her happy. Most people get depressed by following what others do since they think it can make them happy because it made others happy.
Activity: 98
January 11, 2018, 03:34:40 AM
Depression subdue the potential and strength of someone, in other to overcome depression, you must care take things that make you angry easily
Activity: 79
January 11, 2018, 02:44:07 AM

Depressions aren't all the same, just like people aren't all alike. About a third of depressions will lift on their own after weeks or months with no intervention. Another third benefit somewhat from treatment, but not enough to lift them out of their depression. Finally, there is an unlucky third group that won't respond to conventional treatment at all.

There are a number of things you can do to help your friend out:

- Physical exercise, from walking and on upwards, is one of the most effective means of combatting depression, and has been shown to be just as effective as antidepressants (for mild and moderate depressions -- severe clinical depression can be so damning that an affected person might not even respond to questions or orient towards a speaker, never mind get out of bed.

- Make activities easier for her to do. Like some wise man said a couple of posts above, doing this will always help. But its unlikely that she will initiative such things herself. Perhaps you could buy some movie tickets and bring them over to her in your car/carshare, so all she has to do is roll out of bed and into the taxi.

- Meditation helps many people with depression, because it enables you to view your emotions at a distance, rather than as a permanent part of yourself.

- Even being in nature for small amount of time seems to help.

- Some depressions are aggravated by diet, since your gut has more than 100 million neurons which also produce neurotransmitters relevant to depression, including serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and GABA. Eating healthier can have a rather large effect rather quickly.
oh my god, you really are a very enthusiastic person. You must have overcome the difficult times of depression. Thank you very much, I have applied your advice to overcome the depression, I have also partially reduced. Thank you very much from the helpful advice. Hope that when you encounter difficulties then there will be people who will enthusiastically help you as you help us.
Activity: 26
January 11, 2018, 02:16:44 AM
Prayer is powerful.pray in all times god will never leave you nor forsake you.he is faithful to us all the time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 02:14:14 AM
One of the worst feelings caused by depression is a sense of helplessness. Depression may make you feel a loss of control over anything in your life. Take back the control by learning as much as you can about depression. read about the problems they might cause to be anticipated, find out the available treatments, practice the ability to cope with depression, and find a trusted doctor or therapist. you can also find friends in arms through the site or forum on the internet and read the story of his struggle in overcoming depression .
Activity: 191
January 11, 2018, 02:07:41 AM
overcome depression by repenting to God and religion. there must be someone who always guides him for the right path.

We all know that depression is mental illness that needs an immidiate action, because sometimes it might lead to suicide/death. And to stay away from it,  just have someone trusted to talk to, voice out all your problems that depresses you, and most of all, prayer to our God is the best way to overcome all your depression, ask for His guidance.
Pages:
Jump to: