Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome depression? - page 31. (Read 2572 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
January 01, 2018, 10:12:29 AM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?

I guess it is better if you just be on her side.  be with her even you do not know what to say.  Your presence is enough for her to feel that she is not alone.  Little by little she might open up herself to you and will no longer feel depressed. 
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
I had experienced depression once in my life and I never wanted to happen to me again. When your depressed your like a living dead. But I coped up through prayers. I keep on praying. I even wrote all my prayers. That's why I'm very thankful that God never leave me. And I decided to go overseas for 3 years and went back so okey and happy.no more depression. Thanks to the Lord.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 01, 2018, 09:06:59 AM
Depression can be treat with the way to follow therapy. One is therapy Psikodinamis Therapeutic this helps understand how emotion affect the behavior pengidap depression. The patient will be helped to understand and find a way out of the problem.

That's probably for severe depresssion already, something that may seriously lead to suicide. For me, communication is the most important thing that a depressed person has to work on. Reach out because you can't do it on your own. And people should also understand that it is not a small matter and they have to be ready to listen and lend a hand
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 08:58:07 AM
Depression can be prevented by diverting yourself into something that you love and passionate about. To be felt in a way that you are appreciated and acknowleged by others in your craft can release positive  outcome to our well being.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
January 01, 2018, 08:52:29 AM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?

Depression has been a major problem of the society for over years. It is something that we must take seriously. For us to overcome it, we must be a positive person. We must look for friends to talk to. We should have people that will support us no matter what. Also, we must always look unto God, prayer is a very big help. Always talk to your family members and share your burdens with them. It would help a lot.
Activity: 59
January 01, 2018, 08:16:59 AM
Depression isn't easy thing to get out of in my opinion unlike what some others have said.

Just do something(s) you enjoy, consistently. Sometimes for me there could be nothing I enjoy at the time and that's when it gets problematic.

For me becoming more "social", joining a gym and (attempting) to get disciplined on my goals worked, in the end it always depends on the person though.

Oh yeah, professional help never improved anything for me, but that's just me.
Activity: 111
Merit: 1
January 01, 2018, 08:09:06 AM
 You can overcome it by talking to people, going outside etc! Wink
Activity: 65
January 01, 2018, 07:36:58 AM
Always be positive and accept life is like a wheel that not all the time you are on the top. Always know and confess what life you want to be. 
Activity: 37
January 01, 2018, 07:26:10 AM
Depression can be treat with the way to follow therapy. One is therapy Psikodinamis Therapeutic this helps understand how emotion affect the behavior pengidap depression. The patient will be helped to understand and find a way out of the problem.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
January 01, 2018, 07:17:37 AM
Depression is a serious business and it has to be diagnosed by a doctor, the best advise is to talk with a psychiatrist, he will help in this.

Personally, I overcome depression with the help of sports. If I have a bad mood and start a depression, I go for a run or go to the gym.
Activity: 12
January 01, 2018, 07:14:27 AM
Depression - in an advanced state -  is a serious thing, and must be solved with professional help.
Activity: 144
January 01, 2018, 07:01:04 AM
Depression cannot be overcome alone. You must appreciate the person more. Depressed people need more attention.
Activity: 126
December 31, 2017, 10:43:12 PM
Depression is a behavior disorder. It can destroy someone's life. To overcome behavior, the person must consult it to his/her family. Because I believe that family is the best person you can lean on in times of troubles.
Activity: 182
Merit: 15
December 31, 2017, 06:18:07 PM
Dont listen to the low quality replies here. This is no joking matter at all. A combination of things might help, but all depends on the individual and situation. Sure exercise helps some, meds help some too, family or friends help some too. Please treat it seriously and tr to help your friend. Expect to be pushed away, try again a different way. Take care of your friend please. 
Activity: 24
December 31, 2017, 05:04:14 PM
Having gone through depression myself, I'd say find something that you are passionate about and double down on it. For me it was crypto. When you focus on something, you see progress and fill your time more productively. -Chaz
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
December 31, 2017, 04:40:28 PM

Just make sure to stay by her and to listen to her carefully. You should also mae sure to help hee seek help. She needa someone professional to help her get over depression.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 31, 2017, 02:30:09 PM

Bitcoin has been the major problem of the society nowadays. There are people who can't overcome it that sometimes lead them to suicide. I think we must do something about it. Each individual must have faith in God and must always look on the brighter side of life. Thinking of happy thoughts is a big help.
Activity: 70
December 31, 2017, 11:19:29 AM
first of all think positively and always be sorrounded by people who makes you feel comfortable with, and always open up with someone.
Activity: 238
December 30, 2017, 04:28:33 PM
Also, a depressed person needs medication like anti depressant to balance the hormones and help them relax. Most people who are depressed are anxious, restless and agitated as they sleep very little. Thus, medicines will help them greatly to take some rest. I have a lot of things to say about the subject as I also have a friend who is depressed and am also supporting him to the best of my ability.
Activity: 238
December 30, 2017, 04:25:37 PM
Whenever a person states or suggests that they want to end their life, you should always take it seriously. Depression is different from just sadness as it is a serious condition. A person who is depressed can never think of positive thoughts as they only dwell on the negative. Thus, professional help is really needed. Don't try to play as psychiatrist to your friend but you should always be there for her as her emotional support.
Pages:
Jump to: