Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 17. (Read 5536 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 10:13:30 AM
I think that the answer to this question is obvious. The best way to store your crypto is the hardware wallet. Its biggest advantage is that a private key is entered inside the device. This allows you to be protected from hacker attacks.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
July 25, 2018, 05:27:01 AM
This question is very important here and I use hard passwords, platforms with high level of security only and I always check each my manipulation for few times.
Activity: 177
Merit: 0
July 25, 2018, 04:06:36 AM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?
If you use e-wallets, then you are in danger, I use trezor Hardware Wallet. As for me, the safest thing that came up today.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
July 25, 2018, 04:01:29 AM
Store it in your wallet, don't carelessly expose your private keys, especially online, when you think that is the main site like My Etherwallet but its not, its just a phishing site. So better be careful about that. If applicable, best is to buy yourself a hardware wallet to securely ensue that your tokens are completely safe.
Activity: 26
July 25, 2018, 12:47:17 AM
I think a digital currency wallet is exceptionally basic and it is a standout amongst the most well known choices for protecting your altcoins. It is an advanced wallet that you can use to store, send and get different cryptographic forms of money. The wallet comprises of two keys.
Activity: 182
July 24, 2018, 10:45:15 PM

First you must delete all the history on the computer every day, or after your session is complete. This is so you are not logged in. I also plan to invest in anti-virus as well as hardware wallets that are able to automatically disconnect your private key from the computer. Having all these things is an obligation, as it relates to your possessions.
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
July 24, 2018, 09:28:18 PM
I hid my private keys and all other keys in a cold safe box. And also, I have use a hardware wallet to ensure that no harm can touch to my assets. As of now, many cases that users have been breach because of its careless actions, better equip yourself with proper knowledge in order for hackers to avoid you.
Activity: 64
July 24, 2018, 01:57:55 PM
I personally I use the 2FA(Google authenticator)  and I really think that is one of the best ways to secure your wallet. Plus say I do not use a simple password like dat..... Mostly importantly your device itself must be secured with password, so no one just have easy access to your device...
Activity: 84
July 24, 2018, 01:05:54 PM
What I learned is never place you altcoins to one wallet only to protect you for losing it all. I suggest to make at least 3 of crypto wallet and diversified your savings to the wallets.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
July 24, 2018, 01:02:22 PM
To protect you altcoin, all you need to do is to keep you private key safe. And if you're not comfortable with it just try using metamask so that your altcoin will not be hacked by a hacker.
it is indeed like that, but for more major security in your altcoin wallet or bitcoin you should use GA to make it harder to lose coins
Activity: 104
July 24, 2018, 12:59:41 PM
To protect your property safely
We do not disclose, nor disclose wallet password information.
Activity: 40
July 24, 2018, 11:37:07 AM
Do not store all Bitcoins in one wallet or exchange. Diversify your risks. It is extremely difficult to steal money from several wallets at once, particularly when you set different email accounts and passphrases for each of them.
Activity: 259
July 24, 2018, 11:35:26 AM
To protect you altcoin, all you need to do is to keep you private key safe. And if you're not comfortable with it just try using metamask so that your altcoin will not be hacked by a hacker.
Activity: 24
July 24, 2018, 11:33:26 AM
I think exchange isn't absolutely the safest place to store your coins. You can store it on your computer, but computer virus and infections are risks you should be wary. Try investing on hardware wallets. They aren't very expensive but worth buying. Else you could use  paper wallet like everyone suggested.
Activity: 24
July 24, 2018, 11:32:04 AM
Some exchange sites, could be not so great to store your coins there, that why it would be better to store them on wallets, which you can keep on your computer. Bittrex is good exchanger and have a great and clear history, so you can also keep some coins there.
Activity: 26
July 24, 2018, 11:27:33 AM
In my opinion: to protect your coins,coin- exchanging site(s) plays an important rule. At the moment coins are on exchange site(s) : Ripple BitBay SiaCoin
ReddCoin Dodge
SafeExchangeCoin
Sequence
Golem
Steem
Stellar
NXT....
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 23, 2018, 12:22:23 PM

Having a hardware wallet is a must, it also works well as long as you also take good and right actions.
You can also use a current laptop or an old PC to use it for crypto related transactions easily and safely.
But, I suggest you never treat online wallet as your personal wallet.
Activity: 75
July 23, 2018, 10:45:02 AM
You and you alone are responsible for your cryptocurrencies and their security is only your concern. “ is the first and most important thing to know

The public key is the address that anyone can use to send you the money. On the other hand, the private key is what you will use to send money to anyone else. ONLY you should know what your private key is, remember that, and under no circumstances should you ever lose your private key. Otherwise anyone can use your wallet to send your money to any other addresses.

Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 23, 2018, 10:37:40 AM
Protecting your Alternate Coins are actually easy. You just need to be mindful where you use your Private Keys and do not leave them on exchange wallets. We need to hide our private keys and passwords where only us users may know of it. You can protect Alternate Coins by knowing what phishing sites are and what to do if there are some external websites operating without our consent.
Activity: 168
July 23, 2018, 10:31:08 AM

To protect altcoin, you must stop clicking suspicious links, and always be careful about foreign URLs before logging in. Be also wary of fake emails and do not click on any emails coming to you. The point is that whatever you doubt should not be opened. This is all because there are a lot of scammers and hackers out there to get your private key.
Pages:
Jump to: