Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 14. (Read 5536 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 01:15:06 PM
I try to keep the computer clean, do not click on the links , do not download files from the Internet . I keep all my data on a flash drive
It's the right thing to do. To be safe, it is enough to learn the basic rules of hygiene behavior on the Internet. It's not hard if you don't think of it as supernatural.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
July 30, 2018, 01:14:27 PM
I try to keep the computer clean, do not click on the links , do not download files from the Internet . I keep all my data on a flash drive
A flash drive is a good option, but now there are much safer options for storing crypto conversions, such as hardware wallet, I really like, and I want to buy myself such a purse.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 319
July 30, 2018, 01:13:29 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

There are 2 real good security activities.
At first please buy a NEW hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S.
At second don't save any keys on your smartphone or Computer. Use a paperwallet, it would be better.
Activity: 98
July 30, 2018, 01:09:50 PM
Activity: 134
July 30, 2018, 01:07:49 PM
If we talk about the safest way to protect, then this is certainly a hardware wallet. If you do not have it, then keep the passwords and keys on your usb drives and do not show them to anyone.
Agreed. The answer is too obvious. If you have large amounts of money that you are worried about, then you can afford a hardware wallet. If you do not have enough money to buy a hardware wallet, then you are not interesting to hackers.
Activity: 162
July 30, 2018, 12:50:42 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?
These wallets are the good to save the coins for the hackers and it's given us a freedom and the reliable:-

MEW, TREZOR, NEON
Activity: 115
July 30, 2018, 12:49:50 PM
If we talk about the safest way to protect, then this is certainly a hardware wallet. If you do not have it, then keep the passwords and keys on your usb drives and do not show them to anyone.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
July 30, 2018, 12:34:28 PM
I don't know once you tap on words that are not comprehended in light of the fact that it could be a trap for you, particularly now numerous individuals are attempting to go exploit we have and you are more watchful, and keep your secret word effectively and don't to go into the undertaking or things that are less essential
But if we buy a hardware wallet. So we keep your savings in some wallets and of course keep your key and password in a safe place and do not show it to anyone.
Activity: 83
July 30, 2018, 12:30:02 PM
I don't know once you tap on words that are not comprehended in light of the fact that it could be a trap for you, particularly now numerous individuals are attempting to go exploit we have and you are more watchful, and keep your secret word effectively and don't to go into the undertaking or things that are less essential
Activity: 84
July 30, 2018, 12:27:39 PM
it is better not to keep all your money on one wallet . and store data to access on a flash drive
Activity: 148
July 30, 2018, 12:19:16 PM
This isn't sufficient as I would see it, in light of the fact that your PC might be focused on. You need to ensure that you do the most ideal to guard your PC clean and. This incorporates to check for copy destinations, as well as to be exceptionally cautious when perusing and utilizing the PC on every day bases.
Activity: 518
July 30, 2018, 12:15:50 PM
The only safe way to store you alts is to store them in a hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. When you generate a seed using a hardware wallet it is not shared with the computer system and hence even if your computer is having any kind of malware or virus, the seed can never be compromised

It would be too hassle though when you are an active trading or just holding it for few weeks or days. And some of these coins have either very expensive transaction fees or very very slow in sending and receiving. An updated anti virus and extra careful on our pc/laptops/cellphones can help.
But if you are a day trader then you do not need to describe a single altcoin because you keep changing between altcoins every day but if you investors keep it on some hard drives it is the safest size but busy you can take.

Make sure that you always keep your private key's safe, for me using Ledger or trezor is really safe, well what ever Waller you are using make sure that you are always keep your private key safe.
Activity: 112
July 30, 2018, 12:12:22 PM
Other remind for people keep altcoin on Exchange, as market not stable at this time, when market up trend, consider to sell altcoin and covert to USDT, 50% altcoin, 50% USDT, it will reduce benefit when altcoin up trend but also reduce risk when market downtrend
July 30, 2018, 12:09:42 PM
Don't doing something fool. Keep your wallet safe. Keep your private key safe. Buy hardware wallet or paper wallet as additional secure. Also hacker only hack your wallet if you careless.
Activity: 434
July 30, 2018, 11:55:38 AM
The only safe way to store you alts is to store them in a hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. When you generate a seed using a hardware wallet it is not shared with the computer system and hence even if your computer is having any kind of malware or virus, the seed can never be compromised

It would be too hassle though when you are an active trading or just holding it for few weeks or days. And some of these coins have either very expensive transaction fees or very very slow in sending and receiving. An updated anti virus and extra careful on our pc/laptops/cellphones can help.
But if you are a day trader then you do not need to describe a single altcoin because you keep changing between altcoins every day but if you investors keep it on some hard drives it is the safest size but busy you can take.
Activity: 663
Merit: 250
July 30, 2018, 11:49:46 AM

Activity: 49
July 30, 2018, 11:42:22 AM
Merit: 10
July 30, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
If you have large amount of money invested in the crypto markets than the best method would be to buy a hardware wallet. They are the safest way to store your altcoins. But if you can't afford a hardware wallet then using a separate PC for crypto related wallets and transactions would be the recommended way.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
July 30, 2018, 11:34:05 AM
I always have the principle that nothing is perfect, and with that limitation there is certainly no place that is 100% safe, and to overcome this then dividing coins into some places is safer.
Activity: 23
July 30, 2018, 11:33:25 AM
if you use ETH wallet. You should use UTC file to connect it.
And use incognito site to connect.
And the best way is should not use  private regularly.
Often check keylock from  your computer.
If you can, let's use vitual machine when download something unbelieve
Pages:
Jump to: