Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 34. (Read 5566 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 09:25:14 AM
cold wallets like trezor are the best options you have
Activity: 220
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
June 07, 2018, 09:24:23 AM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?
Having cold wallet such as trezor or ledger might be the answer for this problem. Cold wallet has a less exposure on internet because it is just like an USB where you can only acces if you put it into pc or whatever like ledger, if that so the hackers has less chance to take your alts. But if you don't have any kind of that wallet, make sure that the private key of yours should be kept in the place where you can only access it.
Activity: 224
June 07, 2018, 09:17:07 AM
I am the same opinion with friends all the friends do not act something that you do not understand when you are opening your wallet if there is a mistake on your wallet then ask the experienced people earlier.
Activity: 226
June 07, 2018, 08:14:04 AM
One of the great method in protecting your altcoin in hackers is by storing it in a hardware wallet like trezor and ledger nano. This is a cold storage that doesn't store in the internet. Because website wallet has a possibility to hack through DDOS attack.
Hardware wallet is trusted type of altcoin protection, but needed higher investments like buying physical wallet storage. However it can be done through definite and basic solutions, by keystore file saving or keeping private keys in an encrypted compression like archives. With that, those hackers couldn't easily intrude your privacy.
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
June 07, 2018, 07:37:04 AM
One of the great method in protecting your altcoin in hackers is by storing it in a hardware wallet like trezor and ledger nano. This is a cold storage that doesn't store in the internet. Because website wallet has a possibility to hack through DDOS attack.
Activity: 569
June 07, 2018, 07:29:25 AM
To protect your altcoin from hackers, you should keep private keys confidential and safe as it is with this key that you can access your data in the wallet where it is stored, be sure the wallet where you are saving it is a very good one and it is also safe for use. Avoid any mistake of exposing your key or data to a third party. You can safe your password in a flash/hard drive or write it down in your diary. Ensure not to click on just any link you come across and avoid using a third party web service.
Activity: 630
Merit: 113
June 07, 2018, 07:28:48 AM
If you not use wallet every day, the best way is mew offline wallet.
Three easy steps https://www.myetherwallet.com/#offline-transaction
I think, you may use offline smartphone to sign transactions instead of computer.
Activity: 268
June 07, 2018, 07:18:32 AM
Get a hardware wallet.
Having a hardware wallet can only protect the coins a little bit. You should have a password or a encrypt it twice.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 07:17:22 AM
Get a hardware wallet.
Activity: 100
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 07:15:16 AM
I think the best way is keep your computer away from phising site, install virus protection to prevent losing private. And then store coins in wallet like Eidoo, Bread for the best sercue.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 101
June 06, 2018, 10:15:12 AM
Cold wallets (Ledger, Trezor or paper wallet) are the best ways.
Nobody can steal your money from blockchain until you provide yourself (phishing) or you got stolen the KEY (even in a physical way).
The key is access so just keep your key protected.
Activity: 248
June 06, 2018, 10:11:20 AM

I think there is no hard and fast rule on this issue. Protecting your hard earned to tokens is paramount in the business. One of the rules I set for myself is to store one particular token set in one wallet. That is one token one wallet. I am using ERC20 wallet like MyEtherwallet to keep safe my tokens. I then hide my private keys from everybody except myself.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 10:10:47 AM
I think the protection of Altcoin is always very important for investors. In my opinion, they should be kept in a hard wallet, or backed up to paper ... Clear access history after each work and carefully in the link.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
June 06, 2018, 10:10:19 AM
There is no best way to protect yourself from the hacker. You need to be careful online and secure your private key or use hardware wallet like trezor. If you don't have the hardware wallet then you should store your private key on your USB instead of your computer and keep it offline.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
June 06, 2018, 10:03:57 AM
To make sure all your coins, tokens are safe and secure in your wallet you have to have some by using methamask it's like software that would protect your wallet and can detect even stranger or any foreign thing who wants to steal your coins this way you're safe.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
June 06, 2018, 09:58:52 AM
If you say about MEW try to use local version of web wallet. You can download it from MEW repository in the archive and start it locally without afraid. And  in this case you should defend from troyans or viruses
Activity: 224
June 06, 2018, 09:54:42 AM

First of all, you need to observe the basic conditions of computer security: do not show your private keys anywhere, do not store passwords from your purses on your computer, do not go through unfamiliar links (so as not to get to phishing sites), just be very careful when working with your own crypto-currency wallets.
Activity: 815
Merit: 101
June 06, 2018, 09:49:44 AM
I always use some combination of offline and online wallet, online wallet is useful to hold temporary coins that have not been sold while offline wallet is useful to store long-term coins and avoid hacking theft so I think it's the best thing to protect the coins...
Activity: 700
June 06, 2018, 09:43:40 AM
Save your wallet and private key well and don't tell anyone about the storage location and all sorts of other things. be careful also about a site that is suspicious and sometimes absurd. It could be that it's a phishing site that aims to steal what goes in it including the crypto place wallet is stored.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 09:37:38 AM
For me, the most effective method of protection is the use of professional software better known as antivirus and others, which provides protection against all suspicious input from the outside, which will detect and remove all types of malicious software from the computer we use, we can store data in a safer place, filling all the security until layered.
Pages:
Jump to: