Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 51. (Read 5566 times)

Activity: 540
Merit: 100
BountyMarketCap
April 22, 2018, 02:06:53 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

Keep you private keys protected. Be observant and avoid trusting people that you don't know well in the internet. Don't open links that is asking for too much information including your private keys. Using ledger would also be a helpful too for you. Just be wise and think twice before doing anything that involves your wallets.
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
April 22, 2018, 02:04:40 PM
Security is the most important thing when working with crypto.  Do not store keys in accessible places, that is on a computer.  Better on a flash drive and on paper to write down, and there are still cold wallets.  I myself use Metamask and others .
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
April 22, 2018, 01:58:31 PM
In internet world anything is can be hacked even the most secured data facilities is can be hacked, for the meantime just trust your wallet provider to handle and secure your wallet, in myetherwallet we just have keys and in the exchange we have 2FA security and password and it is safe for now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 01:56:59 PM
First and foremost, ensure you store you store your altcoin in the recommended wallet.This is usually available in the altcoin official website.Secondly ,never for any reason reveal your private key to anyone and avoid phishing website.
Activity: 239
Merit: 5
April 22, 2018, 01:49:48 PM
You have to use your hardwallet when it comes from saving a large amount of your money cryptocurrencies will be well protected when you use metamask+hardwallet and your addresses when it comes to tokens.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
April 22, 2018, 01:42:43 PM
The most important factor for ensuring security today is your attentiveness. All the rest is also an addition to your attention, for example such as hardware wallets. If you think that you are not an attentive person, then you need to buy such things.
Activity: 157
April 22, 2018, 01:28:25 PM
If for security, use guaranteed and strong Malwarebytes also block the identified web malware. and many other intiviruses that also have the same quality as malwarebytes. You can search on google of course by getting recommendations from people you trust
because hacker crime is often through malware, phishing sites, or emails that offer great rewards for you to keep up with what's on the command in the email
Activity: 196
April 22, 2018, 01:09:59 PM
Install a cold wallet myetherwallet on the computer or buy a treasure. Read here: https: //bitcryptonews.ru/blogs/cryptocurrency/nadyozhnoe-dolgosrochnoe-xranenie-kriptovalyutyi
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
April 22, 2018, 01:02:50 PM
To hold the keys in right place. And be careful with fishing
Activity: 215
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 12:47:05 PM
Your personal key is what protects you from robbery by hackers. Without this key, the money you consider your own does not really belong to you. Reflect on this. Therefore, the key should be stored in a very safe place. And then your money will only be yours.
Activity: 71
April 21, 2018, 10:12:02 PM
I Think we must stop clicking suspicious links and pop ups, check if the website is secure. And more importantly is take care of your private key, passwords. It can be hacked at any time. If you have any other way, please share with us. Thank you so much.
Activity: 308
April 21, 2018, 08:43:28 PM
I think the best way to protect them is to sell them as sson as the price is high enough.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
April 21, 2018, 08:22:03 PM
the best way is to keep your swallow key not on 1 place do password storage in usb then love to know 1 person you percyai like parent. wife or family.
I think like that thanks

This is what I do I clear all the history on my computer every week, because this may take higher chances that I might be getting phished or key logged. I also invest in anti-virus as well as hardware wallets that disconnect my private key from my computer.
Activity: 294
April 21, 2018, 08:09:26 PM
I just pay a lot of attention to the security of my computer, and I also try not to store coins on crypto exchanges. For me, these measures are sufficient. Just need to be very careful and keep your private keys in a safe place, for example an encrypted file on a flash drive or hardware wallet.

Me, I learned my lesson after my tokens from a bounty campaign was stolen from me. After that I was extra careful in protecting my private keys by keeping it in a USB and not in my emails, hard drive in my computer again. And much better to store it in a hardware wallet.
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
April 21, 2018, 06:31:08 PM
The best way to protect ur crypto is to create WILL smart contract.
Activity: 434
April 21, 2018, 06:23:09 PM
First, you can protect your coin by simply making yourself vigilant in all kinds of tricks and tactics by all kinds of hackers and scammers. Second, protect it making sure to follow some good tips of protecting them like putting them on a hardwallet.
Activity: 308
April 21, 2018, 06:16:14 PM
I just pay a lot of attention to the security of my computer, and I also try not to store coins on crypto exchanges. For me, these measures are sufficient. Just need to be very careful and keep your private keys in a safe place, for example an encrypted file on a flash drive or hardware wallet.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
April 21, 2018, 06:09:35 PM
to keep the coins I have usually by holding them. because holding holds the risk of a price drop. I usually keep my coins in a wallet that is quite safe.
Activity: 331
StartFi
April 21, 2018, 03:49:31 PM
I am keeping  my altcoins in hardware wallets-Trezor and Ledger Nano S,I think they give good protection for your cryptofunds.I dont trust much to exchanges.
Yes, seems like holding your altcoin in the hardware wallet is much more protectable then holding them in the online wallet, specially with Myetherwallet because it's the way too much public and you actually don't hold the most important thing of a wallet , it's the private key.
Activity: 177
April 21, 2018, 02:57:36 PM
Keep your myetherwallet private key in safe and secure place. On the other hand you can use a hardware wallet to keep your wallet safe.
Pages:
Jump to: