Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 57. (Read 5566 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 100
April 18, 2018, 09:21:12 AM
The concept of a multi-signature has gained some popularity; it involves an approval from a number of three to five peoples for a transaction to take place. Thus this limits the threat of theft as a single controller or server cannot carry out the transactions. The people who can transact are decided in the beginning and when one of them wants to spend or send altcoins they require others in the group to approve the transaction.

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
April 18, 2018, 09:12:26 AM
One of the best ways to protect altcoins is to keep your software up to date. A wallet running on non-updated Altcoin software can be a soft target for hackers. The latest version of wallet software will have a better security system in place thereby increasing the safety of your Altcoins. If your software is updated with the latest security fixes and protocol, you may evade a big crisis because of the enhanced security of the wallet. Consistently update your mobile device or computer operating systems and software to make your Altcoin safer.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
April 18, 2018, 08:37:29 AM
It is absolutely not safe to keep your coins in an exchange for such an extended time. In fact, it’s likely not safe to keep them there for the short term. The best way to protect altcoins is be your own bank i.e using hardware wallet such as ledger nano, trezor hardware wallet.
The chance that it will be hack is big, when a site is hack, there is no assurance that you will get a refund.
Better hold it with your own wallet that you own the private key, in my case since I have no hard wallet yet, I made sure I keep my private key on my MEW account.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
April 18, 2018, 08:33:12 AM
It is nothing really safe in digital world, anything can be hack so be careful at any time with your holding and keys, I am protecting my holdings with just my private keys in myetherwallet and that's not 100% guaranteed that it will never be hacked.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang
April 18, 2018, 08:24:53 AM
Head is the most important safety. If you are stupid, then no SOFTWARE or techniques will not save you. Get acquainted with the methods of hacking, and learn not to fall for them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
April 18, 2018, 08:19:18 AM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?
The best method would be to store it in the hardware wallet. But if you don't have one then just use online wallet and be careful on the phising site. If you will make transaction be sure to use your own PC or android.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
April 18, 2018, 08:12:45 AM
It is absolutely not safe to keep your coins in an exchange for such an extended time. In fact, it’s likely not safe to keep them there for the short term. The best way to protect altcoins is be your own bank i.e using hardware wallet such as ledger nano, trezor hardware wallet.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
April 18, 2018, 07:33:47 AM

Make sure that your altcoins are in your wallet which you have the private keys and password protected.
We in crypto community sometimes joined ICO, BOUNTIES and AIRDROPS!
Be sure that you are using different ADDRESSES on this and if you can make it.
Put all your belongings in a different wallet, better if hard wallets.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 07:31:34 AM

Invest only in a reputed exchange that is using all security measures to protect the holdings of investors. Recently, in India hackers stole bitcoins worth 20 crore from coinsecure exchange.
Activity: 112
April 18, 2018, 07:26:28 AM
Just bought my first LedgerS. It supports most of my altcoins
Activity: 140
April 18, 2018, 07:21:24 AM
Once you have already earning altcoin, you can make it safe by way of privacy system, and don't let anybody know your private key, and just provide your own gadgets without borrowing or using any business internet establishments that many people who used instantly. And watch for any apps whose apps auto download on your gadgets because there are some malware or virus that detects and access your own privacy account.
Activity: 140
April 18, 2018, 07:00:11 AM
Protecting your private key is the number one thing to do, never expose it anywhere, and carefully when you open your account on someone else's computer.... Better to use your own.
Activity: 84
April 18, 2018, 06:58:36 AM
These are some steps that I'm currently following up,

1. Always bookmark the original web link of your wallet and exchanges.
2. Do not get phished by clicking wrong web links
3. Store your long term altcoins in hardware wallet.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 104
The OGz Club
April 18, 2018, 05:03:21 AM
A powerful way to protect altcoins, never to open links, which are considered suspicious and unimportant, more thorough in downloading each application, therefore the way hackers steal important data is stored, by way of meyebar virus in every download application.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 18, 2018, 04:53:14 AM
Hackers will find it's in and will run away after they got what they want from us and we are responsible for our own funds safety and no other. Situational awareness might help us from such attack and may give us time to defend what is ours. I think before engaging in this industry we already know the risk and I know that we need to learn that we are willing to take that risk. Security issues like breach will always happens to people that has limited knowledge in this industry so much better to make some research or ask an advice from pro and those who have been in this industry long time ago as they have some or enough experience about anything.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 18, 2018, 04:35:10 AM
Don't click the ads on google and don't agree on some of the promotional pop-ups on other websites, saying that you can earn bitcoin or ethereum by mining on their sites. Don't register or put your details on websites that can earn free bitcoin. Because your account or wallet where your altcoins is stored can be accessed through these ways. Stay safe everyone.
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
April 18, 2018, 04:25:20 AM
Securing your software wallet is similar to protecting any data on your computer, You have to be a little more paranoid while browsing the Internet, you need to be carefull of what you are doing on the web. be carefull also to click on links and email attachments, so you will not be able to hack.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
April 18, 2018, 04:03:35 AM
There are many ways to protect your tokens from these hackers if you are also techie about your digital wallet. Since these hacker were targeting the digital currency wallet then therefore this should be secured properly like doing cold storage digital wallet. From this type of storage since it is offline so your altcoin could be safe and there are different kinds of cold storage wallet like paper wallet and desktop wallet. So any of these two wallets are secured from online hacking. However, online digital wallets also are safe if you only know how to  keep the important details of the digital wallet like private key and other files. So keeping of it is a good way to exposed it to hacker enclosed it to a folder then use a zip application and then put a password. Make sure that you can access and well knowledgeable in your password.
Activity: 112
April 18, 2018, 03:43:44 AM
First of all, you must be very careful and careful. Never make rash acts. Before you do something, think carefully and only then do it. Never click on links that you do not know.so you must determine the type of your altcoins
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Decentralized Transportation Solution
April 18, 2018, 03:38:11 AM
keeping our coins from hackers is the thing that should be done. because at this time a lot of hackers popping up. to anticipate that is by using a good coin storage wallet and the security system is assured.
Pages:
Jump to: