Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers - page 10. (Read 31437 times)

Activity: 498
Merit: 1
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
Hardware wallets are the best. The extra authentication and passwords it requires before your wallet can be accessed makes it impossible for hackers to gain access to your wallet.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
it was a good and reasonable suggestion but it was impossible for me to do it because I was a bounty hunter whose wallet address was always published in a spreadsheet
therefore I have a different way to keep my wallet from hackers by keeping my device from pishing links and always using metamask when opening my wallet
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
Using hardware wallets to receive your funds and also make transactions is actually one of the safest way to prevent yourself from being phished by all these scammers and hackers that are proliferating within the cryptosphere. I prefer to use Ledger wallet because it has kept my funds safe ever since i started using it and i have not experienced any form of security issues.
copper member
Activity: 193
$martFund
All the methods have been listed out but I want to add this. Avoid saving your passwords on iCloud as much as possible. A friend of mine lost all her funds in some of her account because some gained access to her passwords and PKeys
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
If you don't use an hardware wallet like ledger nano s or trezor I think you should use a paper wallet one or at least you have to use it only for few transactions and use another one for bounty and airdrops for example.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
I always avoid unknown links. Some could have viruses that can hack your wallets. Be careful with phishing sites. Bookmark your links always as to avoid wrong links in the future.
Absolutely. If possible, use a separate computer to use private keys and wallets. This protects you from viruses, theft of the private key. Even use wallets like trezor or ledger. These are now the best protected wallets.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
The best way to protect your funds is using hardware wallets I think it doesn't matter what transaction fees you use you can still use some extension wallets like metamask.
Activity: 1274
Bookmark MEW website or always to their official Twitter account to copy the website link and then login to avoid pisshing sites and always put you private keys in such PC or laptop which is offline never try to connect it to internet.Store you private keys in paper wallet too.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
To protect our wallet completely from hackers, of course extra cautions will be required.
When visiting the 3rd party website or using 3rd party program, we must ensure it is a legit one to avoid phishing.
and don't forget to backup the wallet periodically because sometimes we can forget where we store the backup.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
The most important thing is to be attentive to all trifles, especially with regard to the access of their data or computers to other users, even if they are very close people. The second thing you need to know is that if your computer wants to be hacked, no antivirus will help, you will be hacked if you want. The third is not to open the left links and sites, do not run incomprehensible files and programs, do not specify your data anywhere!
Activity: 672
You need to start the security process. Because now there are so many people who are trying to steal a lot of money from you. Phishing sites now work very hard and collect money. It is better that you can think up now not to go into your wallets at all.
Activity: 518
I suggest not to store private key to your personal PCs or laptop we used the most, just keep outside or save in external sources like USB pen drive or other external hard disks.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
I always avoid unknown links. Some could have viruses that can hack your wallets. Be careful with phishing sites. Bookmark your links always as to avoid wrong links in the future.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
There is an expression: "Money loves silence." So the less people know about your passion for cryptocurrencies the calmer you will be.
Activity: 476
Just never don't put in exchanges and that's it, your problem is solved. Hackers are looking for the big prize or the jackpot so their targets are usually exchanges or a buy and sell site. Electrum is still doing fine for me so I can say that it is still the highly recommended for your btc.
Activity: 983
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Well i using many wallets to prevent hacking. The private key is in safe place hacker cant stole it. Also using google authentication to make it my wallet is super safe. So dont make any stupid mistake. Like sign in on fake website or etc.
Activity: 672
Having been a victim of hackers just just days back I think the information provided here is vital.perhaps if I have known these before the have I would not have fallen victim of the antiques of the nefarious and obnoxious fellows who are out to reap the public of their earnings . Thank you
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
If your wallet offers two-factor authentication, make sure you make efficient use of that technology. It means if someone has access to your login details, they’ll need your phone too. Avoid using public Wi-Fi as it makes the connection vulnerable and easy for hackers to access computers that are connected to that Wi-Fi network.

Moreover, if you have wallets on your computer, store the private keys offline. You can save them on an external hard drive or even as a hard copy. And, always be cautious while downloading file either in your email or on your phone as they might have malware attached to them. 
Activity: 499
That's a nice advice for crypto holder, it is important to use a very secured wallet to store your asset from getting hack by the scammer. However, Trezor wallet is one of the best hardware wallet to be use if you can afford buying it, and please protect your PK if you're using website wallet.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 504
I protect my wallet from hackers by making lots of wallets and storing wallets in several nanoledgers or the like. besides that I also save it with a complicated password.

This is a good way to do it or you can also use paper wallets and store them in a safe place at home.
Pages:
Jump to: