Pages:
Author

Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ??? - page 9. (Read 995 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh
I just use mew for my bounty wallet, never use it to hold important coins or big money.
I just don't trust them, cause there were too much hack in the past, and I don't think it's easy to hacked, but it happened, must be the website's trick.
Activity: 406
Merit: 109

If you keep it real its really simple, things I do to safeguard my ETH wallet:

1. I use a hardware wallet and use offline client of MEW to do transactions, it saves me from unknowingly logging into phishing sites.
2. Considering the fact that you do not have a hardware wallet, then the following things you must do:

a. Never ever store your private key digitally, i.e. on email or even on your computer in a notepad file. If you are infected with a malware, your keys are not safe. Better to take a print copy of your keys and keep it on a paper somewhere safe.

b. Install metamask addon, it safeguards you from entering into a phishing website. Metamask stores a database of phishing websites and updates it on a regular basis. So if you have metamask installed and unknowingly you moved on a phishing website, it will block you and redirect you to the warning page.

c. When you are copy pasting your private keys or even public keys during a transaction, re-read it multiple times before clicking on the transaction button. In past we have seen cases, when the key you copied comes different from the key you pasted, this happens because of malware infection.

Activity: 168
Merit: 1
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

Don't ever upload your credential to any cloud storage server, for example, you will save it in a document and upload it to Google driver or any other cloud server. You will never know when the attackers will steal your data online especially your account credentials. Only your wallet address will be shared and nothing more than that, always write down your private keys or passwords in a piece of paper and hide it wherever you want.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Well they have some many ways how to be safe our wallet in myetherwallet, And make sure to avoid open a link if you think this will be a phising site. Actually they some website are same of myetherwallet ill think that was a phising site so make sure just always the link of the MEW that you open.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
The choice would be using and offline wallet or hardware wallet, for the hardware wallet it has its price but your wallet will be protected for sure.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
make sure the site is green and in the bar it say myetherwallet.com,be careful
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
don't using google DNS 8.8.8.8 when myetherwallet is hacked,i have worst experience about login in myetherwallet,better login with metamask
Activity: 350
Merit: 16
~bitcoin enthusiast~
To be 100% sure just follow 2 tips:

1. Make a habit to access MEW only from bookmarks bar. Thus you'll avoid a phishing attack.
2. Buy Ledger/Trezor. This will be a well-spent money, if you are serious about crypto, go for it! Cord storage will work too, but one day you'd be too lazy to use it because of inconvenience. MEW work great will Ledger, not sure about Trezor.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
I will give some advice to protect myetherwallet. I also use these tips to secure myetherwallet. You should not give your private key to others, including your siblings. I keep a private key on my pc that I alone know. I do not store it in google drive, dropbox or other online storage media. Never insert a private key into a website other than MEW because it could be a trap of hackers. You should always check the authenticity of MEW web address, it could be a web phishing that has a web look like mew. It could be another trap of these irresponsible hackers. Then, use the Chrome Browser Extension EAL or MetaMask to block malicious sites. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure that the bar is green and says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US].

I will just add some tips in securing myetherwallet. You don’t  easily believe in messages that sent via email, reddit, twitter, slack and other media. Perhaps, it's one of the hacker strategies to steal your private key. Always highlight it in the link section and don’t click on it, when we highlight so the link will appear the address at the bottom left corner of the browser, we must make sure whether the address is trusted or not. Furthermore, don’t provide confidential information on websites that you have accidentally clicked it. Maybe, the website will automatically save your private key. Furthermore, do not click any ads on the website and if necessary install adblocker to avoid other things.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Next Generation Antivirus
I will give some advice to protect myetherwallet. I also use these tips to secure myetherwallet. You should not give your private key to others, including your siblings. I keep a private key on my pc that I alone know. I do not store it in google drive, dropbox or other online storage media. Never insert a private key into a website other than MEW because it could be a trap of hackers. You should always check the authenticity of MEW web address, it could be a web phishing that has a web look like mew. It could be another trap of these irresponsible hackers. Then, use the Chrome Browser Extension EAL or MetaMask to block malicious sites. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure that the bar is green and says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US].
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I usually access MEW with JSON files and passwords. Do not use private key. Carefully check the website address and not visit the web when there are dangerous warnings.
Activity: 196

I think it's better you can use Metamask instead of Myetherwallet. Do not copy your private key directly to another wallet because the risk is very high. In order for you to be safe from hacking, you should be able to keep your own private key, not too many people know because it is very dangerous. So metamask would be the right solution to avoid hacking.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Import walet MEW address to  IMTOKEN  Android Walet  and this is safer.

and you no longer worry about WEB phishing.

create new addres again in IMTOKEN, this walet special for trading, like in FORKdelta, EtherDelta, Idex,

If you want to sell a token, send it to a newly created swallow, then just log in on Exchange using the Second Walet.

this way is safe, but a little more for the cost of Gas FEE
Activity: 156
Merit: 1
By the way, only you is the the one know how to protect your wallet for hacker, for me i protect my wallet by keeping my private key to someone, donot open your wallet into the site that not safe espicialy in wy ether wallet .com many site look like this its better that you have a protecting site that inform you if the site you open is not safe.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
When accessing MEW from the web, be sure to verify if its the correct url that you visit, and in the left side, before the url, there is a small green padlock that says "secure". Its best that you bookmark the website of MEW. Make sure also to secure your json file, and never use private keys when you are going to access your MEW to avoid phishing attack.
Activity: 127
You should use myetherwallet with the metamask extension that is provided on their website for extra security on your wallet but mainly the best way for you to secure your wallet boils down to you keeping your passwords and your private keys safe and away from places where hackers and others can get to them and use it to log into your wallet.
Activity: 162
I have used my myetherwallet wallet for over a year and never had anything stolen. I never opened suspicious links in the mail. In a number of airdrop events that took part in the last year, some of the projects needed to provide the private key, which would not be a fraud. In addition, when using PC, clean up the cookie in time.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
Link it with the Ledger Nano S to have fully protected wallet so your funds will be safe forever.Or keep your MEW offline as much as possible and keep your private keys safe and bookmark your site which can help you.from entering into clone sites.But you need to know that nothing is fully secured.
Activity: 209
Merit: 60
I think cryptonite will do the job to keep you safe during the time when you surf on myetherwallet. Don't forget that you can also stack some cash and buy yourself a nano ledger and in that way you're funds will be more safer.
Activity: 280
I recommend using metamask. Most people have abandoned myethwallet and switched over to using metamask. The metamask is very safe and no one seems to be able to steal your tokens
Pages:
Jump to: