Pages:
Author

Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ??? - page 10. (Read 995 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 13
Be sure to keep your private key safely and not to paste it on anywhere else. Also avoid getting phished because there are a lots of phishing sites out there and virus key logger.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
If you are unsure about your computer security use trezor or ledger nano s. It is worth it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh
If you do not tell someone including your family about your token storage in myethwallet, then I think your myethwallet wallet will be safe.
Activity: 126
If you want to protect your myetherwallet well, then I think we should save the personal security key in a piece of paper and put it in the safe. Personal keys should not be stored on websites and social networks
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
I use a separate computer and that computer only serves for the use of myethwallet purse. Also when I work I will never use myethwallet purse. Because there are many hackers can steal private lock my wallet
Activity: 101
1. Beware of phishing sites and links. Check it very carefully and do not use any suspicious.
2. Use Metamask. This browser application works like a secure bridge between you and your wallet.
3. Forget about using your private keys anywhere, because in this way you are very close to losing your crypto
Activity: 85

Make a cold wallet and shut down.
Activity: 280
Make sure everytime the site is right & always check in the bar always show "MyEtherWallet inc (US)" with green color.
Activity: 90
which I do by saving MEW private key with nobody knowing except myself. And I also have to be careful while accessing the site to protect my private key from others.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
I used to bookmarked myetherwallet address to be sure that I didn't open the altered or phishing site, I also backup my private keys in my USB, but I really don't sure if the myetherwallet site is hackable!
Activity: 301
Merit: 11
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Use a hardwallet and im sure you are going to be secured and those shit hackers wont have any good chance of getting your private keys o hack your wallet,you should install metamask extension too so that phishing sites would be block in your browser,these two are just the basic things that you need to have so that you will be much secured.
Activity: 118

To protect our wallet  in myetherwallet is first to make sure that we access the right URL. Second, we have to be careful to copy and paste our wallet address and private key. Lastly,  you have to save your files in a safe place and always back up the files just in case you lost the original copy.
Activity: 215
Check the correctness of the site, the address of the site should start at https: //, the left side of the address should have a secure connection.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
Bookmark myetherwallet and download cryptonite would help your chances of using a phishing site.  Using a hardware wallet in combination with MEW would be a wise method but if you don't have a hardware wallet then using the json file would be a better option than private key.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
There are many different options and the most important of all is your mindfulness, once you visit the MEW site make sure that the connection is protected by the HTTPS protocol, I think that in this way you can protect yourself a little.
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
I would also add to all the above tips - check the balance status through third-party sites such as etherscan and do not go to MEW without the need.

Etherscan is just the ethereum blockchain explorer mate. I think you got wrong about this MyEtherWallet. I suggest you to go with the Google chrome store and add the Metamask on your preferred browsers.
You find the steps to encrypt your wallet with Metamask in the given videos mate.
Then you cannot go with the private key pasting way to access to your wallet,. that is not at all recommended way to make the money.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Need to use METAMASK.
Nowhere to enter your passwords from the MEW wallet.
Do not go through unfamiliar links.
Trade only on proven and popular exchanges

I think if you follow these rules then your wallet will be safe.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I would also add to all the above tips - check the balance status through third-party sites such as etherscan and do not go to MEW without the need.
Activity: 358
Merit: 118

Better you can use metamask instead of myetherwallet. Dont copy past your private key directly to my etherwallet, the risk factor is high. Also dont go scam website or dont click any add. If you click your token will be stolen.So protect you private key and dont past anywhere. metamask will be the right solution to avoid hacking.
Pages:
Jump to: