Pages:
Author

Topic: How to sign a message?! - page 9. (Read 141318 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 11
June 17, 2018, 03:20:07 AM
I am getting lost here, I am followinsun a message and went through the process alright but My question is , If I signed a message, does it means, It validate only my account on bitcointalk as me as the sole owner of it or I can use it for other things too.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
June 16, 2018, 06:39:28 PM
I appreciate it, thanks, now all I need to do is to stake this address in the corresponding topic and thats it?
Now you don't need to do anything, you already staked your address here.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
June 16, 2018, 05:12:18 PM
What are these signed message that are so important?

By signing a message, you prove that the staked Bitcoin address is yours.
So, for example, in case your account get hacked, you can create a new one then sign a new message with that Bitcoin address so the admin can restore the hacked account to you.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
June 16, 2018, 03:59:04 PM
Hi, i downloaded electrum wallet and signed a message.
Can you please verify this signature and If I have done it properly?

Thanks

INIxt5NgT9dpyQP65cDxYCcLdlqHTgCWAUXG/zvOUVsTHfW+VkITo8+vMsLDExjjnqVBKxK51TrIucrYa6zw578=

We cannot verify a message without your Bitcoin address and your message text Huh
Of course never reveal your private address
Oh sorry I guess i didnt understand the process properly. I thought I was supposed to post the signature and that will reveal my address and the message.
So do I need to post all 3? message, bitcoin address and signature for someone to verify it?
Yes, you need to post all these 3 things that you mentioned Wink

OK here are are 3 things, can someone please check and verify if its ok?

Code:
This is denis-z12 from bitcointalk and I am signing this message on 14/06/2018 in order to recover my account in case it ever gets hacked.

1SHTU4T1wMY8whhN5n62w3Ed4E6ubEq6s

INIxt5NgT9dpyQP65cDxYCcLdlqHTgCWAUXG/zvOUVsTHfW+VkITo8+vMsLDExjjnqVBKxK51TrIucrYa6zw578=

Thanks
Quoted and verified using https://tools.bitcoin.com Wink
I appreciate it, thanks, now all I need to do is to stake this address in the corresponding topic and thats it?
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
June 16, 2018, 03:14:12 PM

Thanks

We cannot verify a message without your Bitcoin address and your message text Huh
Oh sorry I guess i didnt understand the process properly. I thought I was supposed to post the signature and that will reveal my address and the message.
So do I need to post all 3? message, bitcoin address and signature for someone to verify it?

Code:
This is denis-z12 from bitcointalk and I am signing this message on 14/06/2018 in order to recover my account in case it ever gets hacked.

Thanks
Quoted and verified using https://tools.bitcoin.com Wink
June 16, 2018, 02:51:12 PM

Thanks

Code:

Thanks
Activity: 812
Merit: 270
June 15, 2018, 10:12:48 AM
Is possible to sign a message with any currency or only with bitcoin?

You can sign message with a lot of wallets of different crypto currencies.
But if you want to protect your bitcointalk account you must sign a message with a bitcoin wallet and stake your bitcoin address here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.new#new
June 15, 2018, 04:59:18 AM

Thanks

Ok, i will do that when I am back on my pc. Thanks!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 09:09:02 PM
Is possible to sign a message with any currency or only with bitcoin?
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
June 14, 2018, 06:39:55 PM

Thanks

June 14, 2018, 05:55:49 PM

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
June 14, 2018, 05:07:24 PM

Thanks

June 14, 2018, 04:47:38 PM

Thanks

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
June 08, 2018, 02:21:10 AM
I need this signed message thing but I'm not that techie when it comes to this kind of stuff, so I'm really confused on how to use it, I have an airbitz wallet, but I can't find the option for signing message, I guess it doesn't have one. So do I just need to change wallet? If so what is the best and secured wallet to use with sign message option? Thanks anyone

I am not familiar with the arbitz wallet but i am going to teach you how did i signed a message using blockchain.info.

Since you already have an existing wallet here are the things that you have to do.

1. Copy the private key of the address on your arbitz wallet(on where to find it. Sorry i dont have any idea since i am not using that wallet)

2.create a new account on blockchain.info there you are going to create a new wallet an online wallet.

3. Click settings on the lower left of your screen.

4. From there you can find an import wallet address. Click that one

5. Paste the wallet private key of your adbitz wallet's address.

6. Lastly you can now see that your adbitz wallet is imported. You can then see a word "action" on the upper left of that address box. Then click signed a message

If you are having a hard time please feel free to ping me or reply to this post. Goodluck

note:please do not forget NOT to share your private key to anyone
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 25, 2018, 07:43:46 PM
Can you make one for 'How to get a PGP Key', as well?
Someone already made a very comprehensive guide on PGP just recently... Step by Step with pretty pictures! Wink

Refer here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eng-tutorial-pgp-signature-encryptdecrypt-message-fingerprint-4059348
Activity: 812
Merit: 270
May 25, 2018, 09:22:21 AM
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This address belongs to cpoer2011 (uuid 377005) from bitcointalk.org, today is 2018/05/25
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1AFiVDnvUKm5KGCEwWnDgUvp3yRqCmtt3N
G8d46V+KaYmC6piyKrRVlwfVXw3JLhYuBJ7KSJZgQ7K0ZPcoZTbfR6UbdE3FLMCAEldT86iqjrcqtiP24zrDgPQ=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Verified

You may want to stake your address here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stake-your-bitcoin-address-here-996318
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
May 25, 2018, 08:42:56 AM
Great tutorial, very helpful for newbies who I have seen having trouble understanding the difference between signing a message and signing a post.

Can you make one for 'How to get a PGP Key', as well?
Activity: 560
Merit: 108
May 25, 2018, 05:01:00 AM
This address belongs to cpoer2011 (uuid 377005) from bitcointalk.org, today is 2018/05/25
G8d46V+KaYmC6piyKrRVlwfVXw3JLhYuBJ7KSJZgQ7K0ZPcoZTbfR6UbdE3FLMCAEldT86iqjrcqtiP24zrDgPQ=
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 25, 2018, 04:29:22 AM
Up to you really... at the end of the day... anyone who understands how bitcoin signed messages works, should be able to get it to verify.

You have the 3 basic pieces of information:
1. Message
2. Signing Bitcoin Address
3. Signature

The format you put them in isn't THAT important, it might just confuse a newbie who attempts to verify it on brainwalletx and can't because of the extra "----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----" and the address being in the wrong place.

What system did you use to create the signed message in the first place? Huh And did you copy/paste the output... or did you manually create the "-----BEGIN...." sections and just copy/pasted the 3 individual parts as listed above? Huh
Activity: 560
Merit: 108
May 25, 2018, 03:18:58 AM
I need a favor here. Is it correct? Thanks in advance

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Quoted... and verified using Electrum.

Doesn't quite verify exactly on brainwalletx as your formatting is incorrect... it SHOULD be:
Code:
Which will verify using brainwalletx
Should I post it again with the correct format? Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: