Pages:
Author

Topic: How to sign a message?! - page 10. (Read 141318 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 24, 2018, 11:48:45 PM
I need a favor here. Is it correct? Thanks in advance

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This address belongs to cpoer2011 (uuid 377005) from bitcointalk.org, today is 2018/05/25
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
1AFiVDnvUKm5KGCEwWnDgUvp3yRqCmtt3N
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
G8d46V+KaYmC6piyKrRVlwfVXw3JLhYuBJ7KSJZgQ7K0ZPcoZTbfR6UbdE3FLMCAEldT86iqjrcqtiP24zrDgPQ=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Quoted... and verified using Electrum.

Doesn't quite verify exactly on brainwalletx as your formatting is incorrect... it SHOULD be:
Code:
This address belongs to cpoer2011 (uuid 377005) from bitcointalk.org, today is 2018/05/25
G8d46V+KaYmC6piyKrRVlwfVXw3JLhYuBJ7KSJZgQ7K0ZPcoZTbfR6UbdE3FLMCAEldT86iqjrcqtiP24zrDgPQ=
Which will verify using brainwalletx
Activity: 560
Merit: 108
May 24, 2018, 11:17:42 PM
I need a favor here. Is it correct? Thanks in advance

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
HCP
legendary
May 15, 2018, 11:34:59 PM
Thank you so much for answering. I have this issue now. Those problems I think are fixed, I have a doubt, what is the "wallet passphrase I should put there to create the signature?
When you created that wallet in Bitcoin Core, you have opted to "encrypt" the wallet file and created a wallet passphrase... It's a password that should only be known to you and is not recoverable or resettable.

If you do not know what this password is, you will be unable to execute any commands that require access to the private keys stored in the wallet (ie. Importing private keys, exporting private keys, creating transactions, signing messages)

If you have any coins in that wallet... And you don't know the passphrase, you will most likely be unable to recover those coins.

I still don´t know how to get my private key of the addresses generated from B.info.
B.info only allows you to export private keys that were manually imported to b.info

To access private keys for addresses generated by their HD wallet, you would need to use Ian Coleman's mnemonic tool (https://iancoleman.io/bip39/). You enter you 12 word recovery phrase at the top, select BIP44 and you should see your addresses and matching private keys shown at the bottom of the page.

NOTE: You should NOT enter your seed into a website unless you fully understand the implications of doing so.

It is recommended to download the website and run it offline. You should also consider the wallet compromised and move any coins to a new wallet to prevent loss of funds etc.

Also, if you don't see your b.info addresses, try clicking the BIP32 tab and then selecting "blockchain.info" from the "client" drop-down box.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 775
I love BitBox02 (Shiftcrypto) and Zeus (Cryptotag)
May 15, 2018, 04:48:25 PM

What wallet do you recommend me to do that?
And could you put those solutions here please?
[/quote]

I didn't do it yet, you should go to the first message of this thread which explains how you shoud do. You could try with electrum for example.

Activity: 317
Merit: 81
Next to Full Member Rank.
May 15, 2018, 04:40:22 PM
Hi, this is normal?

I clicked on "Sign Message" to create the signature but it cannot.  Sad
The key was generate from B.info

I´ve tried to create a signature but I don´t achieve it. Please help me. Smiley
Did you actually import the Private Key from blockchain.info into Bitcoin Core using the importprivkey command? Or did you just import the "Address"? The error you are getting indicates that you have no imported the private key into your wallet.

Or when I generate a new address from the software (Bitcoin Core) it appears like this:
Your Bitcoin Core is generating "SegWit" P2SH-P2WPKH addresses (they start with a "3")... Currently, there is no standard method for signing a message using these addresses. You need to generate a "legacy" P2PKH address in Bitcoin Core (starts with a "1")... Then you will be able to sign a message with the "1" address.

To make Bitcoin Core create "1"-type addresses, you need to either start it with the commandline argument -addresstype=legacy or use the following command in the debug console:
Code:
getnewaddress "" "legacy"
I still don´t know how to get my private key of the addresses generated from B.info.

Hi

I'm sorry but it's not possible to sign a message with the update of blockchain.info.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-make-a-signature-message-on-blockchaininfo-1428491

Support team answered : "the sign message feature is not available in the new wallet"

You'll have to look for another solution (there are many others)

bisou
What wallet do you recommend me to do that?
And could you put those solutions here please?
Activity: 1820
Merit: 775
I love BitBox02 (Shiftcrypto) and Zeus (Cryptotag)
May 15, 2018, 04:38:44 PM
Hi, this is normal?

I clicked on "Sign Message" to create the signature but it cannot.  Sad

Did you actually import the Private Key from blockchain.info into Bitcoin Core using the importprivkey command? Or did you just import the "Address"? The error you are getting indicates that you have no imported the private key into your wallet.

Or when I generate a new address from the software (Bitcoin Core) it appears like this:
Your Bitcoin Core is generating "SegWit" P2SH-P2WPKH addresses (they start with a "3")... Currently, there is no standard method for signing a message using these addresses. You need to generate a "legacy" P2PKH address in Bitcoin Core (starts with a "1")... Then you will be able to sign a message with the "1" address.

To make Bitcoin Core create "1"-type addresses, you need to either start it with the commandline argument -addresstype=legacy or use the following command in the debug console:
Code:

Hi

I'm sorry but it's not possible to sign a message with the update of blockchain.info.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-make-a-signature-message-on-blockchaininfo-1428491

Support team answered : "the sign message feature is not available in the new wallet"

You'll have to look for another solution (there are many others)

bisou
May 15, 2018, 04:28:43 PM
Hi, this is normal?

I clicked on "Sign Message" to create the signature but it cannot.  Sad

Code:
May 15, 2018, 04:05:18 PM
Hi, this is normal?

Code:

Thank you so much for answering. I have this issue now. Those problems I think are fixed, I have a doubt, what is the "wallet passphrase I should put there to create the signature?

I mean this one...
HCP
legendary
May 15, 2018, 03:58:45 PM
Hi, this is normal?

Code:
May 15, 2018, 10:21:11 AM
Hi, this is normal?

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
May 09, 2018, 10:07:59 AM
Someone help me How to get a signature?  How to use this site  https://brainwalletx.github.io/#verify where can I get the signature?
Just read the first post of this topic, there you will find tutorial how to sign a message on almost all wallets which allows to do that. Link that you posted is just a tool to verify signed messages.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
May 09, 2018, 09:34:21 AM
Someone help me How to get a signature?  How to use this site  https://brainwalletx.github.io/#verify where can I get the signature?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
April 29, 2018, 02:32:36 PM
This is my signed message. Someone verify this.

Code:
Hi, I am Hasan986. I am signing this message. Today is 04/29/2018.
------BEGIN SIGNATURE------
13RpXqjMR9MvRc3iXjydjoW8E9DkkNNeDC
HzVTtGetKUIH3WHggHZLGY3q3thGDA8RrMFXf3RgeB2ZHCqwW+eNptPAuui9ks1ibq8hGIlnjBABqXDOZok+yPM=
------END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE--------

Quoted for future reference and verified using http://brainwalletx.github.io/#verify?vrAddr=13RpXqjMR9MvRc3iXjydjoW8E9DkkNNeDC&vrMsg=Hi%2C%20I%20am%20Hasan986.%20I%20am%20signing%20this%20message.%20Today%20is%2004%2F29%2F2018.&vrSig=HzVTtGetKUIH3WHggHZLGY3q3thGDA8RrMFXf3RgeB2ZHCqwW%2BeNptPAuui9ks1ibq8hGIlnjBABqXDOZok%2ByPM%3D
Activity: 416
Merit: 101
April 29, 2018, 02:11:46 PM
This is my signed message. Someone verify this.

Code:
Hi, I am Hasan986. I am signing this message. Today is 04/29/2018.
------BEGIN SIGNATURE------
13RpXqjMR9MvRc3iXjydjoW8E9DkkNNeDC
HzVTtGetKUIH3WHggHZLGY3q3thGDA8RrMFXf3RgeB2ZHCqwW+eNptPAuui9ks1ibq8hGIlnjBABqXDOZok+yPM=
------END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE--------
Activity: 812
Merit: 270
April 08, 2018, 03:23:35 PM
Thank you very much for this post which is ultra important with all the hacks and account thefts that there are on the forum. However, some methods are no longer up to date... Is it possible to update the approaches for the most used wallets? I can't sign a message: /

I helped to recently add most used hardware wallets: Ledger Nano S & Trezor.
Can you please tell us which wallet you want to use? It will be easier to help you.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
Thank you very much for this post which is ultra important with all the hacks and account thefts that there are on the forum. However, some methods are no longer up to date... Is it possible to update the approaches for the most used wallets? I can't sign a message: /
legendary
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
April 08, 2018, 11:44:02 AM
Anyone have recomendation for address easy to work, then have to sign a message?

I have no clue how to decipher what you said.
Assuming that you have a bitcoin address in a wallet that allows you to sign messeges (example : Bitcoin core or electrum...), you should follow the tutorial made here by shorena. Put your address, add a personalised message (example : today is April 8, 2018, my name is X (id=xx) from bitcointalk.org) then the wallet will give you a signature that others could verify it.
Remember never reveal your private address to anyone. All you have to do is to post here your Bitcoin address (usually starts with 1xxxx...), your message and the signature provided by the wallet.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 09:57:55 AM
Anyone have recomendation for address easy to work, then have to sign a message?
Activity: 728
Merit: 1005
BountyPortal Supporter & Hhampuz is my manager
April 08, 2018, 05:46:28 AM
Great tutorial, thank you!

Code:
This is The-Real-Link from bitcointalk.org and today is 2018.04.06
or as some of you might write it 04/06/18 or 4-6-18!
1HurjFxWELy83K7dP65pFgNucSJqtJXytp
GzK/0Em/X4rJmKcAsScZsNZnYIAcAiyxwSkUh7Ofu/p+LypsFditl8avPKzjbCl4RzTLIsuTNlsMW8iWN6hF7Ck=

Couldn't verify the message in tools.bitcoin.com nor in brainwalletx.github.io
Please try to verify your message before posting it here
Hmm will have to try this again then sometime.  Thanks.

Edit, tried the message again with signature:
G8EIXlIsZakYQvCWTgiNVb84EJOzU14OsSHPau40pfjBc2NL989dIK4LW/sNDO42Vf+FiHb94zjuvgLlPt8Bhjk=

Well it works this time using the new provided signature. Quoted for the reference and verified.
Invoking, do not forget to suggest them fill their forum profile with bitcoin addresses which have been signed.

legendary
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
April 07, 2018, 03:18:56 PM
Great tutorial, thank you!

Code:
This is The-Real-Link from bitcointalk.org and today is 2018.04.06
or as some of you might write it 04/06/18 or 4-6-18!
1HurjFxWELy83K7dP65pFgNucSJqtJXytp
GzK/0Em/X4rJmKcAsScZsNZnYIAcAiyxwSkUh7Ofu/p+LypsFditl8avPKzjbCl4RzTLIsuTNlsMW8iWN6hF7Ck=

Couldn't verify the message in tools.bitcoin.com nor in brainwalletx.github.io
Please try to verify your message before posting it here
Hmm will have to try this again then sometime.  Thanks.

Edit, tried the message again with signature:
G8EIXlIsZakYQvCWTgiNVb84EJOzU14OsSHPau40pfjBc2NL989dIK4LW/sNDO42Vf+FiHb94zjuvgLlPt8Bhjk=

Well it works this time using the new provided signature. Quoted for the reference and verified.
Pages:
Jump to: