Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 3. (Read 19696 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 11, 2016, 08:53:11 AM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

i, and other predictors, are sure about one thing : price will rise, just we don't know to what point, and when, as price probably won't rise instantly after halving

personally i think that price from 600$ before halving will rise to 1000$ after halving, and because many people will sell bitcoins after halving, i think that price will rise 2 weeks after halving
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
June 11, 2016, 08:37:41 AM
The halving will affect the price on a very positive way if you ask me because it has a very good future a head these days.
Also the fact that a lot of people are investing makes it very effective.
yes it will make all the predictions true. bitcoin movement will be so big and fast. in the presence of halving the market demand will be even greater. people will increasingly look for bitcoin, and bitcoin they will use it more often. bitcoin more credible and the future of bitcoin is very good.
Majority of the people here in the community sees the halving as the opportunity to earn with their investments. It is expected that the price will increase and that can be felt now as the price is steadily increasing. With this happening many people are buying bitcoins to save and which resulted to high demand of bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
June 10, 2016, 11:03:49 PM
The halving will affect the price on a very positive way if you ask me because it has a very good future a head these days.
yes it will make all the predictions true. bitcoin movement will be so big and fast. in the presence of halving the market demand will be even greater. people will increasingly look for bitcoin, and bitcoin they will use it more often. bitcoin more credible and the future of bitcoin is very good.
Activity: 462
June 10, 2016, 09:35:06 PM
Activity: 298
June 10, 2016, 08:07:30 PM
The thing to consider here is that at the halving when price will be at its peak, most of the people will dump their coins to get the maximum benefit out of it and they may result in the significant decrease in the price of the bitcoin as everybody selling and no one buying.
So we have to wait and see how bitcoin will react to the situation. If its managed to survive without much dip in price, then hopefully it will go beyond of our expectations.

Activity: 350
June 10, 2016, 10:35:33 AM
The halving will affect the halving on a good and positive way if you ask me, it will let the price rise to a higher amount and that is also good and nice if you ask me.
The bitcoin has such nice advantages compared with other currency's.
You mean the halving will affect the value in a positive way, and I agree with you man. We don't need to prove it later as we already felt the power of halving now, look at the price of bitcoins its consistently increasing and that's the power of halving.
It is a really hard question to answer and that is because you have to know that there will be more people that is going to have Bitcoin.
And Bitcoin is a currency so it will be really hard to predict for what will happen later with the currency so that is risky and scary.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
June 10, 2016, 08:32:42 AM
The halving will be not that bad of course but also not that best because it was already stable for a long time so the value will also not be that high in the halving. And that is bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit and that is not possible for them they have to wait a longer time.

That is right. The pricing effect of the halving could already be in the price of the bitcoin. There will be  no rise after halving.
That could happen but what is important in the current situation is we have to buy and save bitcoins to sell after the halving. If the price will be stable at least it will not go down and we can still sell our bitcoins for a huge profit.

I think the price will not go down quickly. It will stay around the current level until the halving, then it will go up.
BULL RUN until 2030
June 09, 2016, 10:46:55 AM
The halving will be not that bad of course but also not that best because it was already stable for a long time so the value will also not be that high in the halving. And that is bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit and that is not possible for them they have to wait a longer time.

That is right. The pricing effect of the halving could already be in the price of the bitcoin. There will be  no rise after halving.
That could happen but what is important in the current situation is we have to buy and save bitcoins to sell after the halving. If the price will be stable at least it will not go down and we can still sell our bitcoins for a huge profit.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 08, 2016, 09:51:22 AM

May 31, 2016, 03:36:13 AM
BULL RUN until 2030
May 31, 2016, 01:14:20 AM
The halving will affect the halving on a good and positive way if you ask me, it will let the price rise to a higher amount and that is also good and nice if you ask me.
You mean the halving will affect the value in a positive way, and I agree with you man. We don't need to prove it later as we already felt the power of halving now, look at the price of bitcoins its consistently increasing and that's the power of halving.
Activity: 434
May 30, 2016, 11:10:07 PM
BULL RUN until 2030
May 30, 2016, 06:45:30 PM
There are a lot of people that is waiting for a halving, but the bad thing is that it will not even rise after the halving and that will be not good for those who already have Bitcoin.
Many people hope of course that it will rise, but you are not for sure that it can happen.
How sure are you that the price will not rise, it will man, as an investors we are looking forward to that to have a little profit from our investment. We should be positive and trust bitcoins as it has a good future ahead, if you are in the community all we need to help is just to support and spread the good news to your friends and family to attract more users to adopt.
May 30, 2016, 10:41:57 AM
There are a lot of people that is waiting for a halving, but the bad thing is that it will not even rise after the halving and that will be not good for those who already have Bitcoin.
Many people hope of course that it will rise, but you are not for sure that it can happen.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
May 30, 2016, 10:06:55 AM
I believe that the halving will only do good for the bitcoin price. Maybe an initial jump, then a price correction, and then we'll be steadily be on our way to the moon, like before.
of course the price jump will be really high during the halving thus it will allow all of the holders to make some good money by just holding their bitcoins and not doing anything

i think that the price might even reach a new all time high that would be really cool as i would be a pretty rich person then, though the price also might possibly drop even though theres a really small chance
Activity: 364
May 30, 2016, 10:01:17 AM
The most people with already Bitcoin are of course hoping that the halving will be bring a higher value and that is because the value of the Bitcoin was already stable for a long time.
So the time must now come to get a higher value so we can sell it in the future with a lot of profit.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
May 30, 2016, 08:03:10 AM
I believe that the halving will only do good for the bitcoin price. Maybe an initial jump, then a price correction, and then we'll be steadily be on our way to the moon, like before.

I hope it will not go to the moon. I want small steady increase every month. This will make it an investment.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
May 28, 2016, 05:02:30 AM
BULL RUN until 2030
May 28, 2016, 04:39:21 AM
The value will increase due to halving, with that happening this year we can see the supply will become fixed due to hardship is mining as the demand steadily increasing then one effect is only price increase of bitcoin.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
May 25, 2016, 04:21:13 AM
one of them is the supply and demand rule which says when the block reward turns into half of the current amount it means the amount of supply will be reduced (supply being the amount of bitcoin that is being dumped) so it means the price will rise.

"Supply and demand" does not refer to your definition of "supply". The "supply" in "supply and demand" is the number of bitcoins available for sale at various prices. "Supply" is not "the amount of bitcoin that is being dumped".

When people refer to the supply of "new" bitcoins, they are really talking about "production". "Supply and demand" is a concept. "Production and demand" is not.

Well, halving has always had a big impact on the price of bitcoin. I'm pretty sure the effect would be noticeable to say the least.

There has been only one bitcoin halving so far, so I don't think you know what you are talking about when you write "halving has always had a big impact". Furthermore, if the you look at the last Bitcoin halving, you will see that nothing happened immediately after the halving. If you look at the last Litecoin halving, you will see that the price fell due to the speculative bubble but has remained fairly flat for nearly a year.

That is right. In terms of monetary supply, this halving just reduce the block size to 12.5 from 25. And there are more existing coins.
Pages:
Jump to: