Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 4. (Read 19696 times)

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
May 20, 2016, 04:09:10 PM
one of them is the supply and demand rule which says when the block reward turns into half of the current amount it means the amount of supply will be reduced (supply being the amount of bitcoin that is being dumped) so it means the price will rise.

"Supply and demand" does not refer to your definition of "supply". The "supply" in "supply and demand" is the number of bitcoins available for sale at various prices. "Supply" is not "the amount of bitcoin that is being dumped".

When people refer to the supply of "new" bitcoins, they are really talking about "production". "Supply and demand" is a concept. "Production and demand" is not.

Well, halving has always had a big impact on the price of bitcoin. I'm pretty sure the effect would be noticeable to say the least.

There has been only one bitcoin halving so far, so I don't think you know what you are talking about when you write "halving has always had a big impact". Furthermore, if the you look at the last Bitcoin halving, you will see that nothing happened immediately after the halving. If you look at the last Litecoin halving, you will see that the price fell due to the speculative bubble but has remained fairly flat for nearly a year.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
May 20, 2016, 04:23:09 AM
when you say block halving, generally two things come to mind about it and how it can affect the price.

one of them is the supply and demand rule which says when the block reward turns into half of the current amount it means the amount of supply will be reduced (supply being the amount of bitcoin that is being dumped) so it means the price will rise.

also it means a lot of speculation and hype which means a lot of people will start investing or increase their investment by buying more bitcoin to get prepared for the rise. this means increasing demand which will eventually lead to the rise too.

1% supply and demand
99% speculation

The halvings...(all halvings) effect are in the price since the first day...
The price and the cost is not the same.
A car has a cost and a price.
A hole has a price and a cost...it is not because the cost of a hole is high that the price of this hole will be high...

Ok about the supply and demand...
but the "need" is important as well...if the market does not need bitcoins...the demand will be low...why should the market need more bitcoins after halving?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
May 20, 2016, 02:06:40 AM
when you say block halving, generally two things come to mind about it and how it can affect the price.

also it means a lot of speculation and hype which means a lot of people will start investing or increase their investment by buying more bitcoin to get prepared for the rise. this means increasing demand which will eventually lead to the rise too.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 20, 2016, 01:47:55 AM
by halving the bitcoin will be very difficult to obtain except by way of purchase. so the purchase bitcoin will increase rapidly and make bitcoin prices to rise

Most bitcoins are already obtained by purchase. The effect of reducing the daily increase in the supply by 1800 will not be perceptible.

Well, halving has always had a big impact on the price of bitcoin. I'm pretty sure the effect would be noticeable to say the least.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
May 19, 2016, 12:34:17 PM
by halving the bitcoin will be very difficult to obtain except by way of purchase. so the purchase bitcoin will increase rapidly and make bitcoin prices to rise

Most bitcoins are already obtained by purchase. The effect of reducing the daily increase in the supply by 1800 will not be perceptible.
Activity: 658
May 19, 2016, 12:28:47 PM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

personally i think that price will rise to 700$ and maybe above, and i am pretty sure that price won't fall down after halving, it might fll down by 10 or 20$ but it will rise then

and other predictors thinks that price will rise to 900$-1100$ and if this will be true, i will be very happy, as 1000$ price for bitcoin will be awesome thing, as more people would use it
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
May 19, 2016, 12:24:42 PM
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
May 19, 2016, 11:27:27 AM
The halving will reduce the fresh supply of the bitcoin, so it will increase the value if the demand is the same.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
May 19, 2016, 11:23:50 AM
The halving can effect then the value of the Bitcoin, I think that if the havling comes that the price is going to be lower. This is a good thing for people who do not have much to invest, this way they can also buy some coins.

the price will go lower after the block halving as people will dump the coins that they bought at current prices. i just hope the price will stabilize above the current price level.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 19, 2016, 11:18:52 AM
The halving can effect then the value of the Bitcoin, I think that if the havling comes that the price is going to be lower. This is a good thing for people who do not have much to invest, this way they can also buy some coins.
Activity: 350
May 19, 2016, 05:33:43 AM
for me bitcoin block halving can affect the supply because the reward of every block is half by 2 and i think if the supply is less and more buyer are come the price will increase more.. thats why the price of bitcoin is still increase.. but the value of bitcoin if the difficulty is still high and difficulty will increase more more suply will come and value of bitcoin will be decrease..

If the difficulty is still high, it means people are still interested in protecting the bitcoin network. It is excellent.

If the difficulty is too high...this means that some people are working with lost to "kill" other miners who can not lose...
if mining is lost...how long can miners mine with lost?...it's a battle...
The halving will be not that bad of course but also not that best because it was already stable for a long time so the value will also not be that high in the halving.
And that is bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit and that is not possible for them they have to wait a longer time.

In the last halving in 2012-2013, the bitcoin price rose over 100 times. This time, it might just rise 10 times.

That 100 times rise wasn't caused by the halving alone. There was a lot of factors involved in it too. This time the price probably won't even go higher than $1000~ until next year.
Bitcoin will have not that bad halving and that is because the value of Bitcoin was already stable for a long time so it must be more worth soon in the halving.
The bad thing is of course that you cant know that for sure but you need to take the risk that you have to hold it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 503
V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==
May 18, 2016, 05:10:29 PM
for me bitcoin block halving can affect the supply because the reward of every block is half by 2 and i think if the supply is less and more buyer are come the price will increase more.. thats why the price of bitcoin is still increase.. but the value of bitcoin if the difficulty is still high and difficulty will increase more more suply will come and value of bitcoin will be decrease..

If the difficulty is still high, it means people are still interested in protecting the bitcoin network. It is excellent.

If the difficulty is too high...this means that some people are working with lost to "kill" other miners who can not lose...
The halving will be not that bad of course but also not that best because it was already stable for a long time so the value will also not be that high in the halving.
And that is bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit and that is not possible for them they have to wait a longer time.

In the last halving in 2012-2013, the bitcoin price rose over 100 times. This time, it might just rise 10 times.

That 100 times rise wasn't caused by the halving alone. There was a lot of factors involved in it too. This time the price probably won't even go higher than $1000~ until next year.
Activity: 616
May 18, 2016, 05:12:25 AM
The price is now on its way to hit $500 and it can happen either this month or the next month. If the halving comes in this can change somethings. The price can go down which makes the Bitcoin a bit cheaper.
This is not a bad thing because it allows people to invest more.
Activity: 336
May 18, 2016, 05:06:21 AM

Everyone is hoping that the value is going to rise of the Bitcoin in the halving but the bad thing is that we cant control it so we have just to wait and see for what will happen.
But it was already stable for a long time so there is a high chance that the value can rise soon.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 18, 2016, 03:19:38 AM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

i think it is easy to understand that price will rise, and bitcoin now can rise to new ATH, everybody hopes for that, but personally i think that price will rise up to 1000$ and even then it will be awesome

and halving happens to every crypto currency, and every time price rises, maybe not 2 times more but it still rises, so from this people know that price will rise with bitcoin too
Yes, with the halving the price by sure increases and so the price of bitcoin at this halving will also increase just like in the halving of 2013, and for anything when the supply is reduced the price goes to higher value.

The price did not increase much during the halving in 2013. The big bubble formed in 2013, 10 months after.

there was no halving in 2013, it was just a bubble that was driven by heavy speculation due to doge and willibot or whatever
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
May 18, 2016, 02:58:22 AM

Activity: 350
May 13, 2016, 03:39:06 AM

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
May 13, 2016, 03:02:20 AM

i think it is easy to understand that price will rise, and bitcoin now can rise to new ATH, everybody hopes for that, but personally i think that price will rise up to 1000$ and even then it will be awesome

and halving happens to every crypto currency, and every time price rises, maybe not 2 times more but it still rises, so from this people know that price will rise with bitcoin too
Yes, with the halving the price by sure increases and so the price of bitcoin at this halving will also increase just like in the halving of 2013, and for anything when the supply is reduced the price goes to higher value.

The price did not increase much during the halving in 2013. The big bubble formed in 2013, 10 months after.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1128
May 09, 2016, 03:54:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1032
May 09, 2016, 01:39:10 PM
Well when the time comes we will see the rise , Because when there is smaller block reward the price will surely increase . No one will get disappointed at least we will see 50-100$ rise .

Everyone thinks price will go up, so the price will go up.

This is not about what everyone thinks . Everyone thinks that bitcoin will hit 2k$ So bitcoin hit 2k$ ? NO.

2) Miners sell only at a higher price to compensate for the reward drop. Price tends to increase.
No. Miners will sell at whatever price they can get. They are such a small part of the market that they have very little influence on prices.

Mostly the miners sells at high price.
Pages:
Jump to: