Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 9. (Read 19696 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
April 01, 2016, 10:18:43 AM
Will the value of uᴉoɔʇᴉq go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

It will cause a big crash, not because of drop of mining reward though. Simply because everyone is holding waiting for the halving. They'll all sell at the exact same time!!!

Why exact at the same time?
could you explain why?

Imagine people holding 10 000 btc. They're all waiting for halving because they think it'll rise. They'll all want to sell at the same moment, just after the halving. If people holding 10 000 btc want all to sell at the same moment, price will fall. Simple supply/demand logic.
that does make sense,however, the market still active even halving yet realized because people still need money instead of uᴉoɔʇᴉq,and if people spreading about this halving a lot,it just make the situation go worse

why is always writen so "uᴉoɔʇᴉq" for bitcoin?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 01, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
The halving will have affect on the halving with the price increase, the bitcoin will rise in his price without any doubts.
The halving is so strong, and the fact is also that a lot of people are investing these days so that is also a good sign.
Overall I think the halving will let the price increase with some little numbers.
legendary
April 01, 2016, 10:14:17 AM
Will the value of uᴉoɔʇᴉq go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

It will cause a big crash, not because of drop of mining reward though. Simply because everyone is holding waiting for the halving. They'll all sell at the exact same time!!!

could you explain why?

Imagine people holding 10 000 btc. They're all waiting for halving because they think it'll rise. They'll all want to sell at the same moment, just after the halving. If people holding 10 000 btc want all to sell at the same moment, price will fall. Simple supply/demand logic.

it is right what you say...but it is just "imagination".
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047
April 01, 2016, 10:14:10 AM
This darn halving coming couple months too early.
Hope it follows by a dump so we can all get cheap btc, i miss 200ish.
Activity: 462
April 01, 2016, 10:12:39 AM

could you explain why?

legendary
April 01, 2016, 10:07:52 AM

could you explain why?
Activity: 462
April 01, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 01, 2016, 08:32:29 AM
Halving will reduce the supply of the moondollars. If the demand is the same, the price will rise, maybe even double.
i doubt that the price can actually double just because of the halving but it will surely grow at least a hundred dollars

i hope that we will not see any drops because the price of the uᴉoɔʇᴉq needs to be high in order to attract more people

I think it is other way around. When more people come to use uᴉoɔʇᴉq, the uᴉoɔʇᴉq price will go higher.

it works both ways.

the more people using uᴉoɔʇᴉq means more demand and price will rise because of this.

also when the price goes up (like last time going to >$1100) it will attract a lot of attention that causes a lot more people buying uᴉoɔʇᴉq and then the last step happens like a cycle.

Cyclic process might continue but its hardly difficult to get increase on every halving. Last time the halving gave a great increase in price, so this time the same can't be expected. Based on the situation things will get changed.

The situation really change from the last halving because we have so many user now unlike past few years ago where only few have bitcoins.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
April 01, 2016, 08:29:12 AM
Halving will reduce the supply of the moondollars. If the demand is the same, the price will rise, maybe even double.
i doubt that the price can actually double just because of the halving but it will surely grow at least a hundred dollars

i hope that we will not see any drops because the price of the uᴉoɔʇᴉq needs to be high in order to attract more people

I think it is other way around. When more people come to use uᴉoɔʇᴉq, the uᴉoɔʇᴉq price will go higher.

it works both ways.

the more people using uᴉoɔʇᴉq means more demand and price will rise because of this.

also when the price goes up (like last time going to >$1100) it will attract a lot of attention that causes a lot more people buying uᴉoɔʇᴉq and then the last step happens like a cycle.

Cyclic process might continue but its hardly difficult to get increase on every halving. Last time the halving gave a great increase in price, so this time the same can't be expected. Based on the situation things will get changed.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
April 01, 2016, 08:19:22 AM

I think it is other way around. When more people come to use bitcoin, the bitcoin price will go higher.

it works both ways.

the more people using bitcoin means more demand and price will rise because of this.

also when the price goes up (like last time going to >$1100) it will attract a lot of attention that causes a lot more people buying bitcoin and then the last step happens like a cycle.
Activity: 74
April 01, 2016, 07:13:03 AM

I think it is other way around. When more people come to use bitcoin, the bitcoin price will go higher.
Activity: 448
April 01, 2016, 06:15:14 AM
Halving makes the price of uᴉoɔʇᴉq to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.

The halving will make the price go higher. But the effect is less than the previous halvings. This time, it is from 25 to 12.5.

It will really make the price higher because there will be much less coins to be mine and the difficulty is much higher after the halving.
Up to my knowledge, the difficulty has nothing to do with all halving. Back from off topic, the halving will reduce the supply of uᴉoɔʇᴉq to half of what we are getting right now. So as per basic economical rule when supply reduces, price will increase.
Other than these economic thumb rules, Halving is going to be a very good promotion to all the people around the world to get their attention towards uᴉoɔʇᴉq ecosystem. Hopefully this will bring new investments into uᴉoɔʇᴉq system to get more value appreciation.
That is nice analysis. Yes halving will act as free advertisement for bitcoin. Because halving will be celebrated as a big occasion in bitcoin ecosystem. This will definitely attract more media coverage.

Indeed, most likely it will attract the media because of the price its also gonna reach, right now already a lot of people are talking about it.
I think in about a month there will already be many articles by the media most likely, I think the halving will be very positive for us all, it will create a boost to the bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
April 01, 2016, 05:39:12 AM
Halving makes the price of uᴉoɔʇᴉq to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.

The halving will make the price go higher. But the effect is less than the previous halvings. This time, it is from 25 to 12.5.

It will really make the price higher because there will be much less coins to be mine and the difficulty is much higher after the halving.
Up to my knowledge, the difficulty has nothing to do with all halving. Back from off topic, the halving will reduce the supply of uᴉoɔʇᴉq to half of what we are getting right now. So as per basic economical rule when supply reduces, price will increase.
Other than these economic thumb rules, Halving is going to be a very good promotion to all the people around the world to get their attention towards uᴉoɔʇᴉq ecosystem. Hopefully this will bring new investments into uᴉoɔʇᴉq system to get more value appreciation.
That is nice analysis. Yes halving will act as free advertisement for bitcoin. Because halving will be celebrated as a big occasion in bitcoin ecosystem. This will definitely attract more media coverage.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
March 31, 2016, 03:58:00 PM
Halving will reduce the supply of the bitcoins. If the demand is the same, the price will rise, maybe even double.

i hope that we will not see any drops because the price of the bitcoin needs to be high in order to attract more people
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
March 31, 2016, 03:01:43 PM
Halving makes the price of bitcoin to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.

Up to my knowledge, the difficulty has nothing to do with all halving. Back from off topic, the halving will reduce the supply of bitcoin to half of what we are getting right now. So as per basic economical rule when supply reduces, price will increase.
Other than these economic thumb rules, Halving is going to be a very good promotion to all the people around the world to get their attention towards bitcoin ecosystem. Hopefully this will bring new investments into bitcoin system to get more value appreciation.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
March 31, 2016, 12:12:45 PM
Up to my knowledge, the difficulty has nothing to do with all halving. Back from off topic, the halving will reduce the supply of bitcoin to half of what we are getting right now. So as per basic economical rule when supply reduces, price will increase.
Halving will reduce the supply of the bitcoins. If the demand is the same, the price will rise, maybe even double.

The halving will not reduce the supply. The supply today is greater than the supply before the previous halving. The supply after the next halving will be greater than the supply today. The supply is always increasing because bitcoins are not consumed.

If the demand remains the same, the price will fall because the supply is always increasing. In order for the price to rise, the demand must rise faster than the supply.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 31, 2016, 11:11:04 AM
The halving will affect the value of bitcoin in gaining some percent to raise it price,it will make the value of bitcoin much higher than todays price.

Yes the price of bitcoin will be high when the halving is over and we will see a new stable price months after the halving ends.

soon as the block reward gets slashed that the price will start flying. The miners will buy all the coins below the mining cost.

Yes the price will be up when the reward for mining bitcoin is been reduce to half,i just hope that it will be a significant rise in the value.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 31, 2016, 11:07:54 AM
The halving will affect the value of bitcoin in gaining some percent to raise it price,it will make the value of bitcoin much higher than todays price.

Yes the price of bitcoin will be high when the halving is over and we will see a new stable price months after the halving ends.

soon as the block reward gets slashed that the price will start flying. The miners will buy all the coins below the mining cost.
Activity: 70
March 31, 2016, 10:07:29 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 31, 2016, 09:49:55 AM

no this is false, ti will not reduce the supply, it will reduce only the pressure from miners, done to the market, so less dumping yes

but it yet to be seen how this is signifcant in terms of a dumping, because i'm not convinced that even now, they are dumping 50% of their coins
Pages:
Jump to: