Pages:
Author

Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote? - page 22. (Read 94792 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
I understand that the corner BTC's need to be tilted (in keeping with the current common logo), but to me, the large center BTC looks better perfectly vertical.

The only other suggestion is to either drop the "Strength in Numbers" or replace it with a bit more subtle "Vires in Numeris"

I agree. I love the general design, but having all three large BTC's be tilted makes the whole bill look a little tilted. Feels like there's another nearly-vertical axis that nearly approaches the strength of the the true vertical axis. I love "Strength in Numbers", but "Vires in Numeris" makes it feel more like flavor text on a bill and less important to the usage or understanding of the bill.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
firstbits 1LoCBS
EDITED:

This one supports Satoshi's. The amount should be inserted on the blank line after "Amount:" aligned to the right, but including the denomination, bitcoins or milibitcoints or satoshis or whatever else before or after the number of units.

First of all, these are BEAUTIFUL! (and I'm and avid notaphilist)

I understand that the corner BTC's need to be tilted (in keeping with the current common logo), but to me, the large center BTC looks better perfectly vertical.
(I also prefer the drop-shadow on the corner BTC's)

The only other suggestion is to either drop the "Strength in Numbers" or replace it with a bit more subtle "Vires in Numeris"

Overall, I'm FLOORED with this design! (I've already printed one out and put it under the glass of my desk)

What a great addition to bitaddress.org this will be!
Activity: 423
What if you wanted someone to send you the change of an offline transaction to the public key hash?
Just use stuff like this, why you want to use paper money in situation where they works bad.

Funding the notes via scanning the private key also creates an unnecessary security risk.
Unnecessary security risk? This notes are totally insecure when someone have physical access to it. You can't decrease security of this notes by deleting public key, and so it is zero. Second key on note is like

Only ways I can see for using this notes is are gift note and offline currency storage. In both ways you don't need second key.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Why we need two barcodes on a note?
If we have one protected and one unprotected codes, I can see the reason: wee use unprotected "verify"-code to verify and protect a "spend"-code.
But in all notes in this thread, we use both codes in unprotected way. Why can't we just use only one "spend"-code on this type of notes?

Yeah and isn't there a way to extract the bitcoin address from the private key anyway? So if you wanted to load the note with BTC you could scan the private key and get a program to tell you the address...

What if you wanted someone to send you the change of an offline transaction to the public key hash? Is it wise to give them the private key?

I'm sure that's only one of the reasons.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
If we have one protected and one unprotected codes, I can see the reason: wee use unprotected "verify"-code to verify and protect a "spend"-code.
But in all notes in this thread, we use both codes in unprotected way. Why can't we just use only one "spend"-code on this type of notes?

So that the application scanning the note can auto-detect the intended action based on context.  Funding the notes via scanning the private key also creates an unnecessary security risk.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

Yeah and isn't there a way to extract the bitcoin address from the private key anyway? So if you wanted to load the note with BTC you could scan the private key and get a program to tell you the address...

yes, you can extract public addy from private key
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 423
legendary
Edited the post above with the new revision.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1039171
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
Scanner has an SDK and API for Windows which would probably reveal data like this if I felt like taking it on as a development project.  I am simply using it as a keyboard wedge, which is nice because then it works just as well in Linux.
Post the links. Windows SDKs frequently have COM interface and then the whole development project would be a couple of lines of VB-script typed up in Notepad.

Other scanners have a "enable debug mode" barcode printed in the documentation. Then all you have to do is scan that code after powering up and it will output detailed debug information after every press of the trigger.
Activity: 98
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
Psy,

How close is this one to being SVGable?  I would be curious just to see how bitaddress.org might look with it in it.

It has a few typos: Strenght Strength.  Reedem Redeem (I prefer Spend over Redeem, since it's a commodity rather than an obligation).  Also the little B-logo on the lower right corner is still the wrong one

Will fix the typos and change the BTC with the correct one and post a revision later, probably editing the post above.
Will work on the full svg later. Let's see if tomorrow by this time I'm able to have an svg to give you.

I am excited!!!!!!!!
legendary
Psy,

How close is this one to being SVGable?  I would be curious just to see how bitaddress.org might look with it in it.

It has a few typos: Strenght Strength.  Reedem Redeem (I prefer Spend over Redeem, since it's a commodity rather than an obligation).  Also the little B-logo on the lower right corner is still the wrong one

Will fix the typos and change the BTC with the correct one and post a revision later, probably editing the post above.
Will work on the full svg later. Let's see if tomorrow by this time I'm able to have an svg to give you.
vip
If he removes it, then it will appear that something NEEDS to be there.

I don't mean remove the B, I mean replace the B with the original BTC shape rather than the one that looks retraced as he has done with the other BTC's.  It's a subtle but noticeable difference.  I agree, I like it there too.
Psy,

From a designer stand point. I am not a designer but I do have a good eye, the little B on the lower right balances out the weight of the note all together.

If he removes it, then it will appear that something NEEDS to be there.

Psy, thoughts?
vip
Psy,

legendary
EDITED:

This one supports Satoshi's. The amount should be inserted on the blank line after "Amount:" aligned to the right, but including the denomination, bitcoins or milibitcoints or satoshis or whatever else before or after the number of units.
I think there should be 2 types of notes. BTC and Satoshi. Kinda like Dollar and Cents.

Can someone please draw up a Satoshi note just to humor this idea?
About the whole "QR can't read this or that debate"
QR code readers usually set everything black and white and then read the data Smiley

Could get the picture of Satoshi or something. It would cost more to fund it and that is the funny thing. LOL
Why don't we just use Satoshi units?

I think a commemorative 0.00000001 BTC "Satoshi" banknote would be a splendid homage!  It might read "ONE TEN-MILLIONTH OF A BITCOIN".  You can't get more un-Zimbabwe than that.

That is what made me remember! If currency units can be in the trillions with real world currency than why not bitcoin since bitcoin has 8 decimal places.

Starbucks grande Late 0.00005 btc or 5000 Satoshi.
vip
Why don't we just use Satoshi units?

I think a commemorative 0.00000001 BTC "Satoshi" banknote would be a splendid homage!  It might read "ONE TEN-MILLIONTH OF A BITCOIN".  You can't get more un-Zimbabwe than that.
Pages:
Jump to: