Pages:
Author

Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote? - page 24. (Read 94792 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
i tried doing a bitcoin banknote once upon a time

here's what i came up with ...

front and back

We sure have come a long way with the designs!
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Actually I'm pretty sure all your cameras on your phones take pictures in color Tongue

The base QR algorithm used in any decent apps have a threshold range yes, but that's usually like a RGB change of about 10, anything more than that and it's fine using colors, it uses filtering of light-vs-dark as binary, not specific color palettes. The WHOLE background area DOES need to match as solid, but it samples the 'background color' from the area around the location marks in the corners. The standards are a blank area outline surrounding the code and must be pseudo-solid color background. That example matches the required specifications fine.

For a light color like that it's fine. You don't even need to use black if I recall correct, just it's the most contrasted color Tongue
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
White..

Contrast is best..
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Computers are color blind.

Try to read it with your smartphone, it should do it just fine.
QR code background could match a color scheme

vs

Computers are color blind.

I don't think so. Qr-codes are black pixels on a white background for a reason.

I can read it with no problem
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

I don't think so. Qr-codes are black pixels on a white background for a reason.

vs

legendary
getting better every revision..

Will someone make a simple program to print these out without editing a file ?

That request should be made to the Armory developer. I would love to print these notes with pub and priv keys coming from one of Armory's deterministic wallets, preferably offline Wink
I am not referring to the font, I am referring to the outline of the following shape: -----> BTC

Yes, I understood. Was answering to unclemantis.
Your request to change the BTC with the regular one used on the logo will be dealt with tomorrow, along with a new version.

Looking great Psy!
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
getting better every revision..

Will someone make a simple program to print these out without editing a file ?

legendary
I am not referring to the font, I am referring to the outline of the following shape: -----> BTC

Yes, I understood. Was answering to unclemantis.
Your request to change the BTC with the regular one used on the logo will be dealt with tomorrow, along with a new version.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
legendary

The BTC logo looks re-rendered from scratch and is visibly different from the commonly seen one - consider snipping the original vector shapes from the PDF found here. https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=1756.0

The BTC logo has a slanted stroke on the lower left side of the B which is not present in the note.

This is the font used http://font.ubuntu.com/

Yes, that is the font used on all the text of the note.

The BTC logo looks re-rendered from scratch and is visibly different from the commonly seen one - consider snipping the original vector shapes from the PDF found here. https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=1756.0

The BTC logo has a slanted stroke on the lower left side of the B which is not present in the note.

This is the font used http://font.ubuntu.com/
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

Hey bitpay. I liked where you where going with the Bonds! What happened?

I'm still working on it, although I believe that bearer bonds may be illegal, so I'm working on some better terminology and features that would be safer to use.  I'd like it to look like a real stock certificate, or something of value you can put in a safe, with the understanding that the document itself has no value, it is the information on it, which may be compromised.

Cool. Cause I am really looking forward to it! Do you need help with ideas?
legendary
Activity: 742

I'm still working on it, although I believe that bearer bonds may be illegal, so I'm working on some better terminology and features that would be safer to use.  I'd like it to look like a real stock certificate, or something of value you can put in a safe, with the understanding that the document itself has no value, it is the information on it, which may be compromised.
Now, here is a new colored version without the tilted B's.

Nice!  I like it!

Pages:
Jump to: