Pages:
Author

Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - High Hashrate, API, all GPUs supported! - page 4. (Read 13352 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

You must add new line to your .cmd/.bat file with new command, not add it as option to the miner.

Also I've marked your mistake with red color. You are using option -p and set its parameter as xxx and after that you use space and c=xxx. You should use it like this:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -o stratum+tcp://URL -u ADDR -p c=COIN -b 0.0.0.0:4068
pause

ADDR is your coin's wallet address, COIN is coin symbol you are going to mine, like c=BTC

Hi first off tnx,

second my apology, the XXX is me trying to redact my info, do i use passw, AND c=COIN of is it either passw or either c=COIN

the miner is running stable for now, but i will add the pause to the .dat file hopefully i dont have to find out if it worked Wink
Activity: 30
My guess is this could have something to do with it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PiM2pNbk2fpnGJyHBejX5KQI5C49BfHS

GPU #1: GeForce GTX 960, flags: 0, 0, 1
GPU #0:GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, flags: 0, 1, 0

So, how do I find these issues and resolve? Looking forward to learning. Thanks.

Hello, flags are ok. First, you should give it more time, I think at least 24 hours to get more stats. Second, pool will never show correct speed, there is no way it's possible as miner doesn't report its speed, it just sends shares and pool tries to calculate speed using number of received shares over some time period. Almost all pools claims that pool-side speed is only estimation.

Also, at your screenshot I see that pool set high difficulty - 1024. It's high value for only 2 GPUs, so miner will send shares rarely and therefore pool-side stats will be even more inaccurate. You can try to set lower difficulty if pool supports this via -p c=CCC,d=128 where CCC is your coin symbol, like BTC and d=128 is difficulty you are going to use.

Thank you for your reply. The screenshot was taken from a Yiimp pool that stated Yiimp automatically adjusts difficulty to get on average 15 submits per minute. But I am going to try and adjust difficulty to 128 and see what happens.

I have spent more time using your miner and I am going to say I think it is providing me, on average, more income. It also provides a lower temperature and lower wattage than ccminer yet a higher hashrate. How you do that.... I am just blown away.
Activity: 213
Merit: 3
Have you given any thought to working on ccminer alexis version for x17 algo? There's literally only one miner that's worth anything and it's pretty old.

I highly doubt that he's able to code a simple miner, let alone optimize it.

Honestly I don't know and don't care how he does it, it works. He's gained me one full card on my 1080ti rig and I'm grateful for it.
Have you given any thought to working on ccminer alexis version for x17 algo? There's literally only one miner that's worth anything and it's pretty old.

No plans to do it. Have you tried ccminer Klaust? It supports x17 algo.

Klaust's ccminer is not as good as Alexis' for X17. Alexis' miner is very old and it's the best one for x17 and is open sourced which is why I thought it would be a good candidate for you. Lots of big volume on x17, more than Neoscrypt so I thought it would be a good target for optimization and fees :p
Activity: 325
Merit: 2
2) you probably run some .cmd file from desktop shortcut, so there is no cmd window after miner's exit. Modify your .cmd or .bat file, add last line:

Code:
pause

After miner's exit .cmd file will pause execution and window won't close so you will be able to see error message.

Hi i have added pause, but it keeps closing window

my line :
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://xxx -u xxx -p xxx c=xxx -b 0.0.0.0:4068 pause

and when i do benchmark it also closes the window before i can read something Sad

You must add new line to your .cmd/.bat file with new command, not add it as option to the miner.

Also I've marked your mistake with red color. You are using option -p and set its parameter as xxx and after that you use space and c=xxx. You should use it like this:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -o stratum+tcp://URL -u ADDR -p c=COIN -b 0.0.0.0:4068
pause

ADDR is your coin's wallet address, COIN is coin symbol you are going to mine, like c=BTC
My guess is this could have something to do with it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PiM2pNbk2fpnGJyHBejX5KQI5C49BfHS

So, how do I find these issues and resolve? Looking forward to learning. Thanks.

Hello, flags are ok. First, you should give it more time, I think at least 24 hours to get more stats. Second, pool will never show correct speed, there is no way it's possible as miner doesn't report its speed, it just sends shares and pool tries to calculate speed using number of received shares over some time period. Almost all pools claims that pool-side speed is only estimation.

Also, at your screenshot I see that pool set high difficulty - 1024. It's high value for only 2 GPUs, so miner will send shares rarely and therefore pool-side stats will be even more inaccurate. You can try to set lower difficulty if pool supports this via -p c=CCC,d=128 where CCC is your coin symbol, like BTC and d=128 is difficulty you are going to use.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17

I highly doubt that he's able to code a simple miner, let alone optimize it.

Firstly, thank you for this miner, it is very easy to use and it is working very well with my 1070 Ti and my 960 as well! For this, that is impressive.

The downside.... while I have only used it for two hours, the desktop registers a considerably higher kh/s rate (up from about 1400 to 1600) but my pool is registering a lower hash rate, by about 10 or 15%. 

I realise I have only a short amount of data to calculate from, but the evidence is fairly clear at the moment, power use is lower, data at the computer end is higher, but the hash rate where it counts is lower.

I can only assume I am doing something wrong. Would love to know how to get this so I am getting 1600 kh/s on Neoscrypt as I have had in the past, at the pool.
2) you probably run some .cmd file from desktop shortcut, so there is no cmd window after miner's exit. Modify your .cmd or .bat file, add last line:

Code:
pause

After miner's exit .cmd file will pause execution and window won't close so you will be able to see error message.

Hi i have added pause, but it keeps closing window

my line :
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://xxx -u xxx -p xxx c=xxx -b 0.0.0.0:4068 pause

and when i do benchmark it also closes the window before i can read something Sad

No plans to do it. Have you tried ccminer Klaust? It supports x17 algo.
New version - check 1st msg of the topic for details and download links.
How does this HSR Miner compare to CCMiner when used on the Lyra2Rev2 algo? Looking for the best miner for that algo..

HSRMiner fork is for Neoscrypt only, not Lyra2Rev2.

My advice would be to use the Excavator 1.4.4a release to get max hash rate out of most NVidia cards for Lyra2Rev2 (and other algorithms, like Nist5 and Blake2s). the JSON config files for it are a little odd to build, but the hash rate boost is worth it.

Thank you my man!
Activity: 67
How does this HSR Miner compare to CCMiner when used on the Lyra2Rev2 algo? Looking for the best miner for that algo..

HSRMiner fork is for Neoscrypt only, not Lyra2Rev2.

My advice would be to use the Excavator 1.4.4a release to get max hash rate out of most NVidia cards for Lyra2Rev2 (and other algorithms, like Nist5 and Blake2s). the JSON config files for it are a little odd to build, but the hash rate boost is worth it.
Hi again,

this time i got 2 questions,

1, can a pool cause the miners to stop working?

2, is there a way to see why miner stopped working, i saw the script need a window to respond to but i dont get an window, miner just stops

this is happening since i changed the port to mine on the pool.

1) Not directly, but yes. If you specify wrong port/coin combo, pool can reject connection. And if you specified -r 1 option (for example), after 1 reconnection attempt miner will exit.

Code:
pause

Hi again,

this time i got 2 questions,

1, can a pool cause the miners to stop working?

2, is there a way to see why miner stopped working, i saw the script need a window to respond to but i dont get an window, miner just stops

this is happening since i changed the port to mine on the pool.

Is it possible to show the number of shares that are accepted when mining ?

Yes, I will add this feature in the next version, not sure about exact release date - probably within week or so.
To begin with, hsrminer does have an API.

You mean ccminer had an API, but palgin disabled it by changing default port, removed all API-related cmdline options and changed api output format so no monitoring software can use it.

So please, dude - if you like to use crippled original hsrminer, feel free to do so, but don't spread misinformation.

It's not me spreading the misinformation.

1. Changing the port does not mean the API is disabled.

2. Not documenting the default port does not mean the API does not exist.

3. Removing command line options that adjust API behavior does not mean the API does not exist either.

4. Changing API output format does not mean monitoring software can't use it. That's utter bullcrap. It's not like miner API output has a standard. ccminer, dstm, ethminer, excavator, zecminer, ... - they ALL use different API output formats. The monitoring software needs to handle that. In fact, the ONLY difference between hsrminer's and ccminer's output is that you need to find the SPEED key instead of KHS for hashrate, and the POWER_CONSUMPTION key instead of POWER for power usage. The API call, the key separator, the value separator, the line separator, the terminating symbol, pretty much EVERYTHING else is the same. If your "monitoring software" can't figure this out, then it's your monitoring software that's crippled, not hsrminer. If you can't realize this on your own, then I sure as hell don't want YOU to touch any of my miner executables, because that's incompetency beyond repair.

5. You even sent me a private message that you "added" an API to your "fork". I already addressed that you can't "add" something that already exists. But now let's address the fork bullcrap too. Forking means you alter the code. But hsrminer's code is not published. I pointed this out in PM already, to which you responded you "reverse engineered it". Except reverse engineering means "patching" at best, not "forking". You just mess around in the binary and pretend you're some crazy genius, while in fact you just changed some existing parameters. Like "if I change intensity, hashrate increases :O". No shit. And so does stability decrease, but never mind that. And you changed the devfee address, of course.

All I see is you spreading CONSTANT fud because you're butthurt about hsrminer. But I have no idea how anyone here can take you seriously when you have so many factual errors all the time.

Friend, you have some problems with reading. I repeat for you again - ccminer HAD an api and palgin DISABLED it. You can play with words in 1),2),3) but you wasn't able to use original hsrminer "api" and asked palgin to ADD it, what an irony  Cheesy After some dude hinted you that there is hidden port, you all of the sudden become original hsrminer api expert  Grin

I've sent you pm to hint you about my fork when I've read that you were asking to add api to hsrminer. As for reverse engineering - you can try to "mess around" with original hsrminer.exe and "change some parameters" to see if it will add all that I've added to my fork (and fix some palgin's bugs too) Grin

You are also wrong about devfee - it was added after 2 months of work, when 95% of features were already implemented. Devfee coded from scratch, optimized to reduce pool switching lag, backup pools added so miner doesn't stuck forever (like original hsrminer) if devfee pool(s) doesn't available, and devfee  time is reduced by 10 seconds.

I understand that you are a troll, but please continue to write (especially enlight me more about reverse engineering  Cheesy) to my topic to keep it on 1st page of the forum so more people will read about my fork, thank you friend  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: