Pages:
Author

Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - High Hashrate, API, all GPUs supported! - page 5. (Read 13352 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Is it possible to show the number of shares that are accepted when mining ?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
To begin with, hsrminer does have an API.

You mean ccminer had an API, but palgin disabled it by changing default port, removed all API-related cmdline options and changed api output format so no monitoring software can use it.

So please, dude - if you like to use crippled original hsrminer, feel free to do so, but don't spread misinformation.

It's not me spreading the misinformation.

1. Changing the port does not mean the API is disabled.

2. Not documenting the default port does not mean the API does not exist.

3. Removing command line options that adjust API behavior does not mean the API does not exist either.

4. Changing API output format does not mean monitoring software can't use it. That's utter bullcrap. It's not like miner API output has a standard. ccminer, dstm, ethminer, excavator, zecminer, ... - they ALL use different API output formats. The monitoring software needs to handle that. In fact, the ONLY difference between hsrminer's and ccminer's output is that you need to find the SPEED key instead of KHS for hashrate, and the POWER_CONSUMPTION key instead of POWER for power usage. The API call, the key separator, the value separator, the line separator, the terminating symbol, pretty much EVERYTHING else is the same. If your "monitoring software" can't figure this out, then it's your monitoring software that's crippled, not hsrminer. If you can't realize this on your own, then I sure as hell don't want YOU to touch any of my miner executables, because that's incompetency beyond repair.

5. You even sent me a private message that you "added" an API to your "fork". I already addressed that you can't "add" something that already exists. But now let's address the fork bullcrap too. Forking means you alter the code. But hsrminer's code is not published. I pointed this out in PM already, to which you responded you "reverse engineered it". Except reverse engineering means "patching" at best, not "forking". You just mess around in the binary and pretend you're some crazy genius, while in fact you just changed some existing parameters. Like "if I change intensity, hashrate increases :O". No shit. And so does stability decrease, but never mind that. And you changed the devfee address, of course.

All I see is you spreading CONSTANT fud because you're butthurt about hsrminer. But I have no idea how anyone here can take you seriously when you have so many factual errors all the time.
Activity: 325
Merit: 2

You mean ccminer had an API, but palgin disabled it by changing default port, removed all API-related cmdline options and changed api output format so no monitoring software can use it. How do you expect people to use it? As you see some users have troubles with cmdline, you think they can scan ports or reverse-engineer hsrminer to find working port? Did YOU know about that port? Or you just came to hsrminer topic and asked about adding API for "million times already" and some guy told you about hidden port?  Grin

So please, dude - if you like to use crippled original hsrminer, feel free to do so, but don't spread misinformation.

Hi, if you don't know how to use cmd line then how did you run the miner?  Smiley

Use copy past  Wink and adjust where needed  Grin

but i cannot write a cmd line by myself and know what i wrote or what it does  Cool

tnx for you help will try when am back from the road

I see Cheesy Well, it's not hard, you will learn. Feel free to ask, I will help you.
Activity: 8

Hi, if you don't know how to use cmd line then how did you run the miner?  Smiley

Use copy past  Wink and adjust where needed  Grin

but i cannot write a cmd line by myself and know what i wrote or what it does  Cool

tnx for you help will try when am back from the road
Activity: 56
Hi,
i am new to all this,
i am trying to get this to work as best as i can by trial and error,
but i am not a compwizz, so i know jack about cmd lines and i was wondering how to do a benchmark,
as i seem to have trouble to get all cards stable,there are always 1 ,2 or even more cards running on lower KH/s then other cards,
using 8 asus gtx 1070 cards in a rig

tried all sorts of pl/core/mem settings but still some cards run lower, getting a lill frusty Sad

tnx in advance

Same model's GPUs can give you slightly different hashrate, it's ok. To see if there are real problems with some gpu, reset overclocking settings and set default values like 100% PL, +0 core , +0 mem for every card then run miner and check what's going on. If some gpu gives you much less hashrate than others it can be hardware problem with GPU, it's riser or maybe power supply doesn't produce enough power, etc.

You can run benchmark like this:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork --benchmark
Activity: 8
Hi,
i am new to all this,
i am trying to get this to work as best as i can by trial and error,
but i am not a compwizz, so i know jack about cmd lines and i was wondering how to do a benchmark,
as i seem to have trouble to get all cards stable,there are always 1 ,2 or even more cards running on lower KH/s then other cards,
using 8 asus gtx 1070 cards in a rig

tried all sorts of pl/core/mem settings but still some cards run lower, getting a lill frusty Sad

tnx in advance
Activity: 213
Merit: 3
Did you stop the older version from running? Suddenly my older version says program can't run..

Never mind.. My virus protection got to it and deleted it, I've restored it.
Activity: 213
Merit: 3
Did you stop the older version from running? Suddenly my older version says program can't run..
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
If I'm still experiencing stability issues, could it be my CPU?
[...]

Could it be your PSU? How close to the max power capacity are you running it?

I have 13 cards and plan to add more, up to 19. My virtual ram is like 4TB so that can't be the issue. But my CPU is a G4620 and ram is just 4GB. What do you think?

cpu shows 30%, ram shows 70%. It's only a problem because when the miner sort of just stalls, the autoit thing doesn't reset the miner, other errors are sorted fine.

just noticed i still had 100/400 overclocks on my 1080tis, perhaps taking those off will solve it

Autoit script just detects presence of "werfault.exe" process, and kills miner's process. If miner hangs without windows with error message, Autoit won't handle it.

I'm not sure your cpu and 4gb of ram can handle 19 gpus. But of course you should try it first before upgrading hardware. When exactly miner "stalls"? During launch before showing "GPU... flag ....." message or after that during work? You should also try normal priority version of the miner, if some of GPUs can't handle very high load.
Activity: 362
Merit: 102

I have 13 cards and plan to add more, up to 19. My virtual ram is like 4TB so that can't be the issue. But my CPU is a G4620 and ram is just 4GB. What do you think?

cpu shows 30%, ram shows 70%. It's only a problem because when the miner sort of just stalls, the autoit thing doesn't reset the miner, other errors are sorted fine.

just noticed i still had 100/400 overclocks on my 1080tis, perhaps taking those off will solve it
I'm using this with some 1030 cards and can pull 278 kh at about 32 watts. Excellent!

Anyone know what the standard gtx 1050 is pulling? (Non-ti)

Good hash/watt ratio  Cheesy Default intensity for 1030 is 15, you can try to tweak it with little steps like -i 15.1 to see if you can get 300 kh/s, may be little overclocking will help too. Would be nice to get 300 kh/s for 35 watts, 5 x 1030 would hash at 1500 kh/s, eating 175 watts  Smiley

As for 1050 hash rate, look here here, but I think results depend on the particular gpu and overclocking.

Activity: 10
I'm using this with some 1030 cards and can pull 278 kh at about 32 watts. Excellent!

Anyone know what the standard gtx 1050 is pulling? (Non-ti)
Activity: 60
I think it's the best NeoScrypt miner for nVidia GPU.
1070 can do about 1350 kh/s with +110/+400 PL 95%
Got about 4$ per 1070 at this coin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Thanks for the explanation - will increase the pagefile as suggested 🙂👍
Does not working win NHML 1.8.1.10. The miner is starting, but did not working, no shares etc. After some times it is restarting.

Screenshot please. Also pay attention to starting difficulty of nicehash server - for me it was 8192, with this kind of diff it's hard to find even 1 share for several minutes if you don't have powerful rigs with many GPUs.

As for restart - NHML kills and restart miner for some reason, may be because it hasn't been able to find 1 share within some time period.
Activity: 2
Does not working win NHML 1.8.1.10. The miner is starting, but did not working, no shares etc. After some times it is restarting.
I notice a little discussion with Nplus.

Just to explain on my side: I know my GTX 1050 ti work fine at standard intensity with your software HSRMiner_HP because I have two rigs using it with Gainward 1050ti with no problem at all
But I was trying to use Nplus in the smaller one  and sometimes its needed to have a light OC otherwise results with some of the other algos were crap.
As Nplus doesn't take care of that, I had to understand the intensity you suggest, see what was decided as intensity  in the Nplus by the guy that wrote it, and modify it trying to find a balance.

And this is what I did

Yes, I've read your post, thanks for the info man. Your best choice is not to tweak intensity in case of issues but to use normal process priority version of the miner. It's fastest and safest way. More details in the "Troubleshooting" section of the 1st msg of the topic.
Pages:
Jump to: