Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 21. (Read 113299 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 12:37:06 PM
OP said his costs were fixed.

We've been in a fixed cost contract for 10+ years at this facility. No break out of usage, power, etc. There used to be upwards of 300 1U servers running there, but it's probably down to 50 at this point. The facility seems to be well under capacity compared to a decade ago.

To give you an idea right now, 150 Th/s on an S9 SHA 256 miner gets you about $200/day.

This is 15.0 TH/s for an S9, right? So more like $20/day? Thanks for the useful info!

Not 220V?

Trying to see if we can swap out the power in one of our cabinets and install something like:

https://www.tripplite.com/10kw-3-phase-switched-pdu-200-208-240v-outlets-24-c13-6-c19-l21-30p-6ft-cord-0u-vertical-taa~PDU3VSR6L2130/

Seems like one of those would support a max of 6x Antminer S9s? 10kW / 1.6kW (approx per S9) = 6.25 units

Realistically maybe 4x. So a 42U cabinet with two of them could power 8x.

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
October 16, 2017, 12:31:11 PM
I have a 10x10 cage and two 42U cabinets in a NYC datacenter for an existing business. We are quickly migrating most of our applications to AWS, so there is a lot of empty space in the colo facility but our monthly cost is fixed.

Would it be worth it for me to get some mining hardware in there to offset the cost of the unused space? Also, would the existing power (multiple 110v PDUs per cabinet) be sufficient?

That really depends on your power cost.  Being in a Tier-II or Tier-III colo in NYC I can't imagine the power is cheap.

It depends how long your contract is for and how much time you want to spend figuring how to mine. Then there is the the question of how risk tolerant you are.
The first thing you should probably do is go to Bitmain’s website. Using the specs for their S9, L3+ and D3 miners, plug the cost, speed and other info into their respective mining calculators to see if you will have the data center space long enough to earn back the cost of the miners. Right now I think the the order of profitability from high to low is D3, L3+, then S9 or T9.  But that is also the order of instability (high to low) as far as profit margin volitility goes. 
Make sense?
To give you an idea right now, 150 Th/s on an S9 SHA 256 miner gets you about $200/day.
1000 Mh/s (2x L3+) gets you about $40 - $60/Day. 
But no matter what miners you choose, count on waiting for a batch to be released, then after you pay, it will be 1-2 months before they ship to you. Markets will change between purchase and delivery and as you are mining. So don’t expect to get as much profit as the calculations say you will.  But as I said time is likely to be your biggest limiting factor.

Genesis cloud mining contract will get you 150TH/s for $19,000. It currently pays ~$160 per day after electricity and maintenance is deducted. So for BTC mining there is no advantage to have physical miners. They will cost about the same, they need electricity, hosting, maintenance.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
October 16, 2017, 02:41:45 AM
I have a 10x10 cage and two 42U cabinets in a NYC datacenter for an existing business. We are quickly migrating most of our applications to AWS, so there is a lot of empty space in the colo facility but our monthly cost is fixed.

Would it be worth it for me to get some mining hardware in there to offset the cost of the unused space? Also, would the existing power (multiple 110v PDUs per cabinet) be sufficient?

That really depends on your power cost.  Being in a Tier-II or Tier-III colo in NYC I can't imagine the power is cheap.

It depends how long your contract is for and how much time you want to spend figuring how to mine. Then there is the the question of how risk tolerant you are.
The first thing you should probably do is go to Bitmain’s website. Using the specs for their S9, L3+ and D3 miners, plug the cost, speed and other info into their respective mining calculators to see if you will have the data center space long enough to earn back the cost of the miners. Right now I think the the order of profitability from high to low is D3, L3+, then S9 or T9.  But that is also the order of instability (high to low) as far as profit margin volitility goes. 
Make sense?
1000 Mh/s (2x L3+) gets you about $40 - $60/Day. 
But no matter what miners you choose, count on waiting for a batch to be released, then after you pay, it will be 1-2 months before they ship to you. Markets will change between purchase and delivery and as you are mining. So don’t expect to get as much profit as the calculations say you will.  But as I said time is likely to be your biggest limiting factor.

kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105
October 15, 2017, 05:45:04 PM

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
October 15, 2017, 05:01:25 PM

Not 220V?
Activity: 4
October 15, 2017, 03:32:51 PM

Activity: 74
October 12, 2017, 04:28:40 AM
Looking to host 5 x D3s and 2 x L3+

Any suggestions?

I didn't see Cloud Sigma on the list.

EDIT: A St. Louis location would be great.
Try the guys in my Signature below.....
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
October 12, 2017, 03:42:22 AM
Looking to host 5 x D3s and 2 x L3+

Any suggestions?

I didn't see Cloud Sigma on the list.

EDIT: A St. Louis location would be great.
October 10, 2017, 12:04:57 AM
I need to colocate 15 Bitmain miners. Any availability with VPN access?

Where you're based? Try the guys in my signature below....

California. Tried. They are not ready yet.

They're gonna be ready by end of this month. Unless you need immediate colocation....
Activity: 24
October 09, 2017, 06:08:04 PM
Do you guys still have space for hosting?

Thanks
October 09, 2017, 05:34:10 PM

California. Tried. They are not ready yet.
October 07, 2017, 05:12:58 AM

October 05, 2017, 01:03:21 PM
Activity: 17
October 05, 2017, 11:59:20 AM
There is a cheap RIGH hosting in Nevada

Only $100 per RIG with 6 GPU's.
KVM and PDU included!
www.cerad.net

Do you offer hosting for ASICs as well? Specifically Avalon 741?

Yes $70 a month. Please let me know if you are interested.

I am looking to host 4 miners D3 Asic with planning of 6 miners. Do you have space?
Activity: 6
October 02, 2017, 04:35:18 AM
You can add my provider to the list!

EUROPE
=====================
URL: http://kalmarndc.se/
Price: €120/kw/m or lower. Cooling and unlimited bandwidth included. More units equals lower price. No mininum req. UPS available and server center is cooled.
Comment: Representative is Charlie, email and phone number can be found on their website.

Hello,

how can I contact them?

their info is on their website.

[email protected]
or call them at +46(0)480 149 00
Charlie is the manager for co-location, ask for him Smiley
October 02, 2017, 02:40:29 AM
Looking for a hosting site here in the US. I have 2 L3's that I need hosted.
Would like a price for those 2 L3+'s a month and what is included.

Would like this company to not be new and should have reviews here that can vouch for it and please link reviews.

Someone who isn't afraid to show the insurance and business license. I have emailed a couple of companies and they refused to give any of that. RED FLAG...

Also, I have 3 GPU rigs 6 and 7 card rigs I would like to have hosted but that isn't the necessity at this time.

Thank you in advance.. looking for something asap.

Ok people, Not sure how trustworthy these guys are but just to bring it to your attention.....

Just follow link here and signup for hosting your miners

https://secure.minery.tech/aff.php?aff=4

Nice affiliate link you got there Cheesy

Yep, it's an affiliate link. I have nothing to gain though as I mentioned clearly that I don't know and cannot vouch for the trustworthiness or reliability of this company....
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 02, 2017, 02:17:08 AM

Would like this company to not be new and should have reviews here that can vouch for it and please link reviews.

Someone who isn't afraid to show the insurance and business license. I have emailed a couple of companies and they refused to give any of that. RED FLAG...

Also, I have 3 GPU rigs 6 and 7 card rigs I would like to have hosted but that isn't the necessity at this time.

Ok people, Not sure how trustworthy these guys are but just to bring it to your attention.....

Nice affiliate link you got there Cheesy
October 01, 2017, 08:47:10 AM

Activity: 29
September 30, 2017, 09:06:56 AM

EUROPE
=====================
Price: €100/kw/m or lower. No mininum req. UPS available and cooled server centre.
Comment: Representative is Charlie

Hello,

how can I contact them?

Activity: 6
September 28, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

EUROPE
=====================
Price: €120/kw/m or lower. Cooling and unlimited bandwidth included. More units equals lower price. No mininum req. UPS available and server center is cooled.
Comment: Representative is Charlie, email and phone number can be found on their website.
Pages:
Jump to: