Pages:
Author

Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto - page 21. (Read 5055 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 108
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

Honestly that is what i'm doing right now in which during my working day, i usually doing bounty tasks and review updates in the office. I know this is unfair to the company in which they pay me to render work for them but i can't help it because i was usually be tempted to do it due to my small salary so maybe if i got caught then i will stop. Anyway, this is better than stealing the company properties because become a theif here is really a great offense than wasting the company time.
Activity: 348
Merit: 10
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

If you lost your job, it is your fault because you focus on crytpocurrency than in your job. Being a crypto trader is not easy job because the cryptocurrency is too volatile.

That is called regrets at last, because you did not balance your time. But that is life, fined another job and balance it in crypto and your job. Jobless is not easy because in crypto you earn but in a long time. How to sustain the daily needs if we don't have job.
Activity: 924
Merit: 275

If you lost your job, it is your fault because you focus on crytpocurrency than in your job. Being a crypto trader is not easy job because the cryptocurrency is too volatile.

Activity: 162
Merit: 0
Working on your job and in cryptocurrency needs a time management.
Activity: 518
Merit: 16
personally, I have never experienced this, but my neighbors and some friends have experienced this. they learned crypto around Q2 last year, and with a huge spike in crypto prices, they started saving, buying assets and everything, until they finally left their main job. and as we know, the market is going down today, and what's happening is they start to panic and try to find a new job
Activity: 69
Well if the profit you earn in crypto is enough and for you well its your decision and i can't blame you for that. But if i am that person i didn't want to lost my solid and regular job. It is better to have another source of income.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
Sometimes at work, it very tempting to do research about crypto and to satisfy our cravings to learn about crypto. However, we know for a fact that we have also deliverables at work because we are paid for it. So what I usually do is I make my daily deliverables and once I have finished everything then I can do some readings about crypto. Making my "to do list" is one way to keep me focus in my regular job. During break time, I can do a bit in crypto then after work.

Yes, this quote is indeed a very good reminder that crypto is good for us but our regular job should be our priority. I sometimes have the tendency to give time for it during the work but instead i remind myself that i should focus on my job and do it after work. It would be dangerous for us to see that we don’t have regular work anymore because of our wrong focus or priority during work. We might be risking not only ourselves but our family as well.
Activity: 108

You did the right thing, that you managed to understand what is more important for you.
Activity: 47
You do not need to give up the main job, you need to be able to combine.  There is not much money, the more of them the better.
Activity: 112
Many have done so and lost their jobs because of the crypto currency.  I do not know how it affected you, but if it does not work out you can always find another job.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274

Managing your time properly can help you to become more productive. You almost lost your job because you can't manage your time well. You can do both your job properly and trading of cryptocurrencies if you have good time management.
Activity: 91

No, I did not stop my main job, but I was thinking about it, to get busy with the production of bitcoins.  It's good that they dissuaded me on time.
Activity: 126
I do have the same experience😊while im assisting my costumer my supervisor caught me coz i keep searching about crypto and to the point that i got escalated. But i already learn my lesson on it for now im focus in my job but when im in house i do really review all the information about crypto i can now balance my work and crypto
Activity: 139
I think you just dump already your job because youve think that through in the world of crypto you are so success,you have to be in both balance bear on your mind that your real job is still your best job ever and this crypto will just support you in any ways only,so be attentive in all your works.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100

It is really good if you will just continue your formal job than to leave. You can continue to earn many incentives from your job if you will not quit. You can't ensure if you will earn money from cryptocurrencies because it is really risky job.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

In my own opinion, losing your rock solid job is fine as long as you can have more income in crypto because sustaining your daily needs now a days is very hard due to the cost of living that is keep on increasing.
Activity: 56
Yes many of us do! Thats why now i focus on my personal business.. which is related to computers..so that i can spend much more time in Crypto..
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
Many people speculate with out from real job for crypto, but unfortunately with the current market conditions it is difficult to get big profit, never out of work because we can do both simultaneously.

I agree with you because in real time I am working with the crypto market and have some mini job in home. If simultaneously I am doing it I have money for living and what I need.
Activity: 26
I agreement! It takes a lot of financial security to make crypto your main form od income.
Activity: 420

i think you are right and strongly agree with your opinion, and your experience is very helpful to me personally who was once keen to focus in crypto field, but after I think and read this post, I feel working in crypto world need not be top priority but very suitable for side jobs and extra income so as not to disturb the financial viability, while learning and over time there is a possibility of one day I will focus but at least now I learn about crypto first before the world actually use crypto as one means of transactions other than money.
Pages:
Jump to: