Pages:
Author

Topic: I bought on all time high - page 27. (Read 12993 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 07:53:50 AM
I hate my life so much right now xD

Who else bought on ATH?  Huh
It is never a good idea to by near ATH range. If your emotional FOMO is so big, then only invest first tranche and always have enough cash for buying dips. This way you can average down your price.

That's something you learn after a while.  If you just enter the scene you can't know the whole market will be down 80% just a few weeks later.  As longs as you learn from your mistakes that's fine though.
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Disrupt the banking system!
February 07, 2018, 07:46:28 AM

It is never a good idea to by near ATH range. If your emotional FOMO is so big, then only invest first tranche and always have enough cash for buying dips. This way you can average down your price.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 07:45:05 AM
If you guys bough any coins on all time high levels, you should patiently wait as you already lost more than %60. I don't think anything worse can happen. Crypto markets will somehow return back, it may last years but it will.
Activity: 168
February 07, 2018, 07:41:54 AM
I did this once with POWR - right now I am in red numbers with this coin, but was already almost 100% in green with it. IT is definitely not a good approach to buy ANYTHING that is ATH - maybe only with new coins....
Activity: 71
February 07, 2018, 07:40:39 AM
Same story here, bought at ATH a month ago.

Been averaging down by buying the dips ever since.  Additionally i've been doing some swing trading making for the fact i at least have more coins/tokens than i paid for during the ATH.

May sound strange but i for one hoped the dip would have lasted a bit longer and values would have sunk even deeper.  Would have been a great opportunity to average down to an acceptable level. To actually make profits i would still need to marketcap to be above 650-700 billion i reckon (could be far off, haven't properly calculated that).

I consider it learning money though as i'm starting to get the basics of trading - still make a shitload of mistakes though as i'm still no candlesticks or pattern expert - and i am having a blast doing so.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
February 07, 2018, 07:20:27 AM
I made the mistake of buying bitcoin when it was at $ 8500. Only after one day bitcoin has dropped to $ 6100 and I was very disappointed to invest all my money at that time.
My friend guessed that bitcoin would cost $ 6000 and advised me to wait. But I did not do that, I did not listen to my friend's advice and suffered a capital loss. It gives me experience that, please be patient and the best will come.
Activity: 196
February 07, 2018, 07:18:51 AM
Mee too haha. I did fkng buy xspec at $4,4 😒
Activity: 82
February 07, 2018, 07:13:51 AM
No, but I sold at an all-time-high, so the world balances out.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
February 07, 2018, 07:12:41 AM
Why do hate yourself? It's ok don't worry about always think for long term not such a short term like a piece of cake. You are being greedy because you want some gains in an instant? That's why you hating yourself. If you think for long term price of Bitcoin could reach possibly $1M and now still hating yourself. You have to learn how to overcome you greed on yourself and how to be patient also those 2 are the keys so you will become successful here in cryptoworld. Goodluck.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)
February 07, 2018, 07:05:12 AM
Common, just get easy. Nothing bad happend, the correction is temporary phenomenon, so very soon bitcoin will be as high as it was, just relax and hold it))
Activity: 206
Merit: 101
February 07, 2018, 06:57:47 AM
If you are an investor who risked money who you afford to lose , you can wait for the market to return. By the end of the year I see the bitcoin again at a price of 20k.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
February 07, 2018, 06:51:35 AM
Which coin did you buy at ATH? You can stoploss or hold to new ATH (if it is a good coin) Cheesy

PRL, EXLIX, XSPEC.

To be honest, I didn't check these coins, so I don't know if that are good projects, but for sure you have to HODL to new ATH! You will need a lot of patience, because your funds can be frozen even few months, but it is the best solution in such situation.

Yes, if it is a good project all you need to do is wait and hold. What I mean is not all cryptocurrency can exceed 100% in just a couple months. Some takes years to pump their price because they don't even develop their project to it's fullest version. And you should think that every investment site take years for ROI neither you like it or not.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 06:51:20 AM
Once I also bought a coin esp, a week later it fell 5 times. I sold that would fix the loss. The rest bought CMCPO and did not go to the stock exchange for 3-4 months. Through this time, the price increased by 1000%. My advice is to sit out the drawdown
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 06:41:16 AM
the ath of some weeks ago it could be a dip in the next weeks compared to the future prices if you hold, until you don't sell you have lost nothing, i have bought too some sia coin at 6 cents an i'm in very big loss with them, i will just hodl till they come back to the initial price, even if it takes monts
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
February 07, 2018, 05:41:56 AM
Which coin did you buy at ATH? You can stoploss or hold to new ATH (if it is a good coin) Cheesy

PRL, EXLIX, XSPEC.

To be honest, I didn't check these coins, so I don't know if that are good projects, but for sure you have to HODL to new ATH! You will need a lot of patience, because your funds can be frozen even few months, but it is the best solution in such situation.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
February 07, 2018, 05:33:54 AM
Bad luck for you but just hodl strong,when bitcoin goes to 100k$ you will be happy that you bought it so cheap Grin You still have the chance to buy it on the dip and split you buying price in half
Activity: 182
February 07, 2018, 05:32:53 AM
If all your portfolio is ATH bought it maybe hard to hold..
What I would do in that case would be exchange between coins. For example, if you have SC and DGB and they both lost the same percentage, you can check which one is more promising for the future and buy the one promising with the other one's value...
Hope this helps.
Activity: 238
February 07, 2018, 05:31:34 AM
Which coins did you buy?
I have 2 alts ATH that are bought...
They lost around %90, all I can do is hold...
Maybe 1-2 months... You can use the little waves to increase the number of coins you have (maybe doing short term trades for that) So you can increase the value for the future...
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
February 07, 2018, 05:27:52 AM
It's a situation with too many variables. But as far as I can remember, TELCOin has earned a lot for being a signatory to the campaign.
Activity: 29
February 07, 2018, 05:16:56 AM

Well this is one expensive lesson for you. We cannot do anything about it you have to accept it. You two option it's either you hold the ATH or you cut your losses. This is depending on your preference. But if I where to choose I will cut my losses then study hard for the next investment/ trading chances and hoping that the study pay positively.
Pages:
Jump to: