Pages:
Author

Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only - page 14. (Read 4931 times)

Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
That's great that you did that but you might regret that in the not too distant future when you see BTC start reaching it's full potential in price which will be inordinate amounts higher than what it currently is now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
busy in real life, long post gap is understandable
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Wow congratulations to you!, this is an awesome news for the travelers here in bitcointalk forum. but does 1.9 btc is too much for your expenses? can you post the equivalent of btc (in usd)  that time that you used it for you travelling expenses?
Activity: 434
It was a risky trip in my opinion,i would get a bitcoin based debit card rather than trusting local bitcoins when i am on a trip,either way hope you have a wonderful experience with just hundred dollars in your pocket and the rest being in bitcoin ,the volatility is high and you cannot predict the price and if i am in that situation i would not take that risk.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
That is so cool. You should have recorded it and put it into a blog to track your while journey so we can all see and maybe you can make some or all of the money back with ads and stuff. It would be really nice to travel and make money that way. Also open a steem account and post there.

This shows the practical use if Bitcoin. I'm glad people are starting to use it and realize it's full potential.
nice idea, he/she could have attract readers or viewers if he/she uploaded or posted it on youtube or social medias.
what you did topic starter is quite inspiring for us newcomers to bitcoin, i would love to go on a vacation using my earned bitcoin. It is hard to spend bitcoins though since the potential to earn from it will lost.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
That is so cool. You should have recorded it and put it into a blog to track your while journey so we can all see and maybe you can make some or all of the money back with ads and stuff. It would be really nice to travel and make money that way. Also open a steem account and post there.

This shows the practical use if Bitcoin. I'm glad people are starting to use it and realize it's full potential.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 870
That's very good but bitcoin is very changeable so sometimes when price is high and you decide to exchange, you can lose some $ like there was fall couple weeks ago. If I understand correctly you where meeting persons face to face to exchange btc? This would help you to save atm withdraw fees? Am I right? On another hand what about XAPO card in such situation? As I know you can usw their card worldwide and atm withdraw has fixed fee.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

what you say can not everyone do, i better keep it ,. probably because you already have a lot of bitcoin or money. but for me bitcoin is very valuable until I collect it piece by piece.

Not everyone can do it but it is nice to know that it can be done in case it is needed besides you do not need to have that bitcoin you could have fiat and before your travel you buy bitcoin and then you take your flight, however I will say that only taking bitcoin to a travel is kind of risky so if you can keep fiat as well.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

But the amazing thing would be when you don't have to use localbitcoins for all your payments, uses and bills.
Gotta ask, how many vendors throughout your journey actually accepted bitcoin? Any tickets, bookings, restaurants or anything?
Activity: 253
Wow you saved so much on those credit card fees.That is really good amount of money.This post will help to newbies so they can see what bitcoin is really,they will not be scared anymore of new online coins.
Activity: 628
Merit: 276
BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC
If someone would take trip from April to September there would be a big chance that he would come back even richer in terms of FIAT money Smiley.
That would be a story to tell: I went on vacation for 5 months and earned xxx$ Cheesy
Activity: 616
Merit: 251

Wow thats nice to hear bro. Bitcoin is doing good for travellers I guess. You do not need to bring large amounts of money to roam around. You only need is your smart phone with your bitcoin wallet and exchange you bitcoin in their local fiat just like what you did. It is better to have bitcoin with you than cash.
Activity: 224

yes of course you can, as long as you carry bitcoin you do not bring money can go or walk out of country, more in china you can pay all with bitcoin without spending cash.
If we use bitcoin .if we use cash .these two question like too same but we look what is better for us and which is easy for us now this time bitcoin work in all world any one country accept bitcoin if go out of country for trade and you want to easily my money can chance other currency now this is bitcoin use very important because any one want to trade in bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Cool! This is a great story. I'm also interested in hearing more details out of curiosity.
Activity: 154
It is nice to hear your story, did you use just bitcoin like, mainly bitcoin in all you purchases or had to trade it to real money. if you just used bitcoin and all, i am impressed as there are a lot of establishments now that accepts bitcoin that it was before, and do airlines accept bitcoin now as well? did not heard about it that much. but this is just an advice, it is up to you whether you will take it or not. Do not just bring a 100$ with you, bitcoin is highly volatile, the next thing you know prices may have dropped insanely so if in case that happens would you still trade your bitcoin for real money or just use the money you have until price gets back up.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Nice for you, I am so happy to hear that from a bitcoin user,  meaning bitcoins has been accepted in the market already. so just as I suspected, bitcoin will take over in the market and be used in trade and business.
Yes bitcoin is nice now my country marketing places accepted bitcoin and I want to use trading in business bitcoin because bitcoin is so popular every one want to use bitcoin .
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Wow I would like to try this some time! However now, I think this must have been hard given that not everyone are familiar with Bitcoins. Which means that a lot of stores, especially in countries that do not accept yet totally Bitcoin, are not accepting Bitcoins as payments. Maybe in the future there will be the time that majority or all stores will be open and willing to accept Bitcoin payments.
Activity: 644
Merit: 107

yes of course you can, as long as you carry bitcoin you do not bring money can go or walk out of country, more in china you can pay all with bitcoin without spending cash.
doesn't china banned the use of bitcoin and they close all the bitcoin sale exchanges? this is a very interesting adventure, maybe later I will try it too.
Activity: 476

Activity: 462
Whoaw! Is this for real? If this is so, then bitcoin is the thing now! I was so surprised with how much you save and the strategy of converting bitcoin to cash. I think many people using bitcoin should start this trend where you just carry bitcoins to travel the world. I do hope that in years time many countries wilk open their trades for bitcoin. This is s great step for bitcoin.
Well, we are looking forward to travelling like you. This time, we're dreaming of travelling to south korea!
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

This is a great story if you can show to us some pics of the travel then that would be awesome, I have always thought that it would be possible to do this but I never dared to try it so it is nice to know that it is possible if I ever try to go in an adventure myself.
Pages:
Jump to: