Pages:
Author

Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only - page 10. (Read 4928 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Guys here are asking how and shouldn't you hold btc forever! You lost the btc you spent!
Ok...Calm down!

First of all is btc to hold forever? Or to enjoy holding spending?

Second I am an investors! I made couple of very good ICO investments, and now I am holding a very decent share at Litra Coin.
YOU should buy into https://www.LITRA.site before you start crying!

Third if anyone here can guarantee he will be a live in the next hour! Let me know!

Fourth: The experience itself, worths every btc i spent! I have something unique and very exclusive to share! Not a lot of people can say I did that...And you should do the same!

Yes, I AM promoting Litra coin to be invested in and you should INVEST if you understand the mass adoption!
 You can go and read my posts about BTC reaching $4500 and more this year! ( When everyone was sayin no it will not!)

Always watch for the underdog moving.

Congrats for having the guts for this and for becoming a success!
I agree, there has to be a balance between the investment and the spent Bitcoin. I guess that many people here just hold with the hope that the small amounts earned will get a decent retirement fund someday.

Good luck with the future investments and maybe you teach us more about having success Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 106
Guys here are asking how and shouldn't you hold btc forever! You lost the btc you spent!
Ok...Calm down!

First of all is btc to hold forever? Or to enjoy holding spending?

Second I am an investors! I made couple of very good ICO investments, and now I am holding a very decent share at Litra Coin.
YOU should buy into https://www.LITRA.site before you start crying!

Third if anyone here can guarantee he will be a live in the next hour! Let me know!

Fourth: The experience itself, worths every btc i spent! I have something unique and very exclusive to share! Not a lot of people can say I did that...And you should do the same!

Yes, I AM promoting Litra coin to be invested in and you should INVEST if you understand the mass adoption!
 You can go and read my posts about BTC reaching $4500 and more this year! ( When everyone was sayin no it will not!)

Always watch for the underdog moving.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
We know bitcoin is very accessible. I just envy you for taking time travelling and only uses Bitcoin and i can feel the coolness of it. Bitcoin really is changing the way we deal with everything Smiley
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
good, you made it..
if I had 2 Bitcoin in the wallet, surely I will try what you do this..  Cheesy
and this has become an inspiration to me ..
While I like what the OP did, if I had 2 BTC I will keep them have you seen the price of bitcoin lately is going up and it has surpassed already the 5k barrier so while this is an inspiration unless you have 100 BTC stored you need to keep every single bitcoin so in the future you can make 10 travels like those with the same BTC.
Activity: 450
Merit: 122
the good point on that you keep the 305 dollar because dont using credit card.Thats amazing congrats you.everybody cant do that like this but spending bitcoin is has to be more easy.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

that is the power and functions of bitcoin. To make transaction easier and faster. Well bitcoin is a virtual money so we can use it in travel or in expenses. Since you mention the localbitcoin im gonna try that too.
True, not only he got to see all those beautiful places but because of bitcoin he even saved some money, not much mind you, but hey, your money is better if it stays in your pocket than if it goes to fill the pocket of an anonymous banker, besides you could use that money for other things like invest in altcoins and repeat the process all over gain.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

That means to confirm that you still need fiat in order for you to be able to survive when travelling especially to territories you are not quite familiar with. Bitcoin alone does not suffice for now. But I am very happy to hear that there are sites in which you can easily convert your bitcoin into the local fiat currency.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
That's the kind of convenience btc usage can offer to people all over the world. I don't really get why some governments would deprive citizens of this convenience and would simply prefer to have control over crypto or no crypto at all. If you're thinking about your constituents, then you should let people be if they want to use bitcoins
Activity: 238
Merit: 10

It's really cool! Many would be afraid to do it. And the more such stories, the more desire to do so. This is more profitable and convenient.
Activity: 266
good, you made it..
if I had 2 Bitcoin in the wallet, surely I will try what you do this..  Cheesy
and this has become an inspiration to me ..
Activity: 140
Wow, I like this idea!! I wanna try this now.

Could you please elaborate on your travels? How you bought the flight tickets? Food? What if you didn't find buyers in those countries? Did you book hotels in advance or on the spot?
Activity: 336
Merit: 102

Interesting story. It would be nice to get more information. Which cities in Egypt and Turkey did you visit and where did you meet those Localbitcoins dealers? I think situation may be very different in a 5-star hotel in the capital and in a small remote town. And it depends on the country. In the city where I live (about 400,000 people) there is not a single place where I can spend or exchange bitcoins. It is possible to exchange bitcoins to local currency online for a local, but it would be near impossible for a foreigner.
Activity: 161

It is nice that you go travel in different countries using your bitcoin. Its easy and hassle free right? But there are only few countries who accept bitcoin as a payment of any transactions. I hope in the future, i can also travel with all the bitcoin i earned because my dream is to travel around the world with my family.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, it's very inspiring to hear about. Bitcoin is a worldwide phenomenon that's growing too and to utilize this fact and get to enjoy travelling the world is amazing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
Your story can make us more believe that bitcoin will be more more accepted in every country. More and more popular in next future. I am so happy to know more people and company using bitcoin as payment in real life. So not only in internet. Btc now can reach real life.
Activity: 311
Merit: 109
Endless Horizons!
This is super cool, especially because I plan to visit japan again in the mid term when i have more bitoin. You've made me super excited for my future!
Activity: 322
I had some sort of similar trip with my bitcoins but your story sounds really cool. I had more cash with me in case I'd need it but I didn't use it anyway. local coin networks is very good way to open up communication where ever you are.
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
That's an awesome idea. With the Internet, you have access to any service or vacation trip that can be booked. On LocalBitcoins you will be able to access any local Fiat currency on demand. The cool part is that you get to meet locals who also enjoy the idea of Bitcoin and the prospect of digital currency as you exchange currency within each country.

I would love to stack up Bitcoins and travel with it. I feel like it would be incredibly fun discovering new things to do and services you can book with BTC. Only thing you need now is an AirBnb that accepts Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!

This is one of the things I like about bitcoin...it gets you to make new friends from all over the world and it helps us save some money in most instances and its good to hear that this journey you embarked on was cashless and a success.... hope this serves as a real eye opener for people that had their doubts in this technology.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
Lucky you. You realized my dream before i did. I'm glad to hear that's not hard to do it.
Yeah same was my dream and I was recently planning about it but yeah this man just did it. And I want to say, things are not that difficult but you have to show some courage and things would be in your account. Like just traveling with bitcoin is not that impossible thing to do, and this proved us. I am so keen to do it, and I will surely do.
Pages:
Jump to: