Pages:
Author

Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only - page 12. (Read 4931 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Great job man. At least now i know it is possible. I have been dreaming about this ever since i started having interests in crypto currencies. Was looking for a coin that could easily enable me to do this. But thanks to you, Now I know that it can be done with bitcoins. Thanks man. As soon as i get my profit goals., I will definitely try this.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

from your story i have an idea to make a travel agent that will make a traveling package to country that accept bitcoin, so people just bring their bitcoin and traveling
Activity: 269
Wow I'm amazed that you survived travelling to three countries with just 3btc. But before you try to do that next check prehand if there are any bitcoin buyers or sellers in the country you gonna travel to on localbitcoin , cause in some country you won't find any bitcoin sellers or buyers on localbitcoin(Check Ethiopia) So its better if you took a low foreign exchange fee bitcoin debit card . bitcoin debit cards could have saved you a lot of time.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
In the netherlands there are a ton of shops already accepting NLG as a currency and it is booming since 2017 it is insane Smiley
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

That's a great news, because bitcoin is now getting popular little by little and can now even use in many applications like travelling. You prove to the world that bitcoin is all you need because of its versatility.

You're so lucky because you found a place where bitcoins are accepted.  I hope bitcoins can be widely used here in my country
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
I'm not surprised at all. You exchange bitcoin for cash, and then spent it. This would have been interesting if you ONLY carried bitcoin and spent them DIRECTLY, without any exchange, which didn't happen.

We're still in being-discovered stage, showing sign to the new ones that its still not too late to get into crypto-currencies. Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
That is really great to hear mate...i am planning this kind of trip ( with other destinations) for a long time now..maybe next year
Yes almost everyone of us want to try it. If I had already saved enough maybe I will also have the time to travel just like he did. I'm not sure of next year but as soon as I have the time and money I will make my dream come true and enjoy it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
wow nice trip dude, i wanna go there.. i hope, i get traveling for a new year with someone in a beautiful country
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
That is really great to hear mate...i am planning this kind of trip ( with other destinations) for a long time now..maybe next year
Activity: 168
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Lucky you. You realized my dream before i did. I'm glad to hear that's not hard to do it.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
I have tried something similar but it is very difficult. Buying food and groceries would be great and I do see this coming to cryptocurrency very soon.

Getting a visa connected to bitcoins is possible now which is one good option. Smiley

Don't believe anything this person is saying as he has taken my account - do not trust!!!!
Activity: 504
It is wonderful that there is already an opportunity to travel with bitcoins, but not all countries can pay them. You need to carefully choose your route when traveling with bitcoins.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Congratulations on your trip. But in reality isn't it possible that you probably just got lucky that someone wanted to buy your bitcoin at the time you needed it? Or another possibility is that you posted your selling price too low not to be ignored by someone to buy?

Is this story legit? I mean if you just landed at an airport im assuming you need to get a taxi to a restaurant or somewhere right? Or did someone coincidentally want to buy bitcoin at an airport? Lol. You said you still have the $100 intact and i don't see how when you said you traded with people in restaurants.

What if nobody was buying bitcoin when you landed at the airport? Would you wait for days until someone contacts you for a trade?
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
First of all congratulations OP for a successful travel using Bitcoin as your currency. Would love to have 3 BTC as pocket money if ever I plan to take a vacation too! This is such an inspiration as you can do something now with just Bitcoin on your wallet.
Activity: 210
I might doing the same this week lel , i love to travel and now that bitcoin is so high a little bit of relaxing is welcome for me so yea thanks for sharing your story with us.
Activity: 588
Merit: 103
Oh same to me i travel from Phillippines to Hongkong with a pocket of $80 came from my wallet in bitcoin. I always use bitcoin as my everyday money.
Activity: 582
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
I have tried something similar but it is very difficult. Buying food and groceries would be great and I do see this coming to cryptocurrency very soon.

Getting a visa connected to bitcoins is possible now which is one good option. Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Wow that is great. By travelling 2 cities with 3 bitcoins and only $100 WOW. This is the new revolution or the new era of cryptocurrency. We can go out now without any fiat money! Hooray for BTC>
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
You are the first person that I heard of who have tried somehing like that. It worms my hearth even more to see that you succeeded in your mission. From this we can see that main mission of Bitcoin is starting to accomplish it self. This also show us that Bitcoin can become worlds currency. I hope that in future there will be more people who will be able to confirm things like this.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
Man, I couldnt get to the next state with 100 bucks in any currency, LOL.

But seriously, this is one of the hidden strengths of bitcoin; being able to travel with your wealth, and being able to convert your wealth to local currency and back again, without having to make foreign currencies cross borders (which can be illegal if you are carrying too much). problem is actually using the local exchange; until adoption is better, you cant assure everywhere you go will have an easily accessible exchange. and the cards that use bitcoin as a balance are usually tied to a certain market; you would incur international transaction fees (but this would be convenient, if the card worked).

best strategy is to already have a bitcoin debit card for the locale you intend to visit Wink you can always just take the unused funds off the card when you are finished.
Pages:
Jump to: