Pages:
Author

Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only - page 6. (Read 4928 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 0
I hear enough from inhabitants that it is not money, but the situations like this are proving that it's not true. As I can see, you cope with bitcoins without cash, that means a lot, if we globalize, more and more people will use it. But we can't do it now, because btc is speculated now very much and we need some regulations, because we don't want to buy coffee some day at price 5$ and the other day at 50$.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
First of all, I did not like localbitcoin Much and it makes complete sense traders try to make a profit so they have their own prices and it's hard to get a cheap deal in there, but it seems you got one. For the second. I do not even like banks and their credit cards and I agree that they do charge a lot of tax but I do not expect them to charge more than local bitcoin. And on the last, it feels good that someone can enjoy by relying on Bitcoins without cash.
Activity: 56
Can you give some tips on saving money while traveling?

Use different online services for traveling. I like AirBnb a lot for renting apartments for me and the service from https://gettransfer.com/en is really very good for taxi transfers. I think you will like using them too and they will save you some money. Good luck with it Wink
Activity: 59
Wow I would like to try this some time! However now, I think this must have been hard given that not everyone are familiar with Bitcoins. Which means that a lot of stores, especially in countries that do not accept yet totally Bitcoin, are not accepting Bitcoins as payments. Maybe in the future there will be the time that majority or all stores will be open and willing to accept Bitcoin payments.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
This is the journey of $100 worth of bitcoin for travel and it is cool, I hope soon that we can travel all tourist area in all countries with only using bitcoin, but for this time maybe bring an extra cash because not all country has a crypto exchange on their localities.
Activity: 238
that's great.. you must write a post or block on your experiences so that awareness about acceptance on bitcoin will rise. you should make documentary film about your journey. of you have clips of experience then you can make it and publish
Activity: 215
Merit: 21

[/b]3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

Good to know it, if there is no any exchange, u have to find ppl and make a deal face to face
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
This is amazing. We need more of such inspiring adventure to speed up the patronage of Bitcoin and not stuffs that will spread FUD in people. I am also planning on traveling with 4BTC to Japan this Christmas. I heard they are really crypto enthusiasts.
Activity: 184
Merit: 1
wow it's really cool, do not you have trouble when paying something with BTC? Then how do you find out which store or place can do with BTC.
Activity: 101
Sounds really fun, man! The suggestions you share are very useful for people who like to travel. It seems to be more practical to carry and use BTC because we do not have to bother going to a money changer. Unfortunately my country's government does not support the use of BTC
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Can you give some tips on saving money while traveling?
Activity: 726
Merit: 251
For me this is a risky journey, I will get a bitcoin based debit card rather than trusting the local bitcoin when I am on the go. Hopefully you have a wonderful experience with only $ 100 disaku you and the rest are in bitcoin. Cool
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
Amazing indeed!  Smiley
Let's hope more and more merchants start to accept BTC as gateway payment all over the world so borden will no longer exist between countries.

Bitcoin let you use your own money wherever you want
Activity: 14
Yes, you can use Bitcoins to pay for your travels just like when you book online and pay with your credit cards. But, the good thing here is that it can still increase its value so you can have your pocket money as well.
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
This is what I will do next time. Because bitcoin trading is a very popular trend nowadays around the world. I feel very excited when you want to travel and you just carry your suitcase, remember password bitcoin wallet can go around the world.
Traveling with Bitcoin is kind of fun if you have a lot of coins that can get spent. If you don't then it would be kind of hectic.
Activity: 406
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
This is what I will do next time. Because bitcoin trading is a very popular trend nowadays around the world. I feel very excited when you want to travel and you just carry your suitcase, remember password bitcoin wallet can go around the world.
Activity: 67
I have heard from several people that they will only travel with bitcoin now. They travel to the middle east and and Europe frequently and said using bitcoin is much easier than trying to figure out which country uses which fiat, They said it makes traveling abroad much more fun not having to worry about carrying money on them and exchanging fiat everywhere they go. I myself do not travel much but if I ever decide to I'll be sure to bring my ledger with me, or get one of those BTC credit cards.
Activity: 64
It's great that you manage that. In my country are devices in stores and it's included that you can pay with bitcoin, but at the moment the system does not work in any store. I do not have bitcoin, considering that I'm at the beginning and I'm trying to win one, because buying it is harder considering how much it has grown in the past few months, but I know someone who has Bitcoin and has not managed to make Bitcoin transaction.
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Thats really awesome! I wish I could do that some day, I don't have enough Bitcoins to do such a thing though. I could only imagine the excitement! I have a new idea on what to save Bitcoin for, such an experience has no price, I would not regret miney spent.
legendary
Activity: 895
Merit: 1001
You are lucky because the price fluctuates so badly. Who knows whether your 100 Dollars will turn into 300 Dollars or into 10 Dollars. Obviously it is never advisable to travel with Bitcoin alone and not use any form of FIAT currency. I wouldn't suggest anyone to ever do it. You are just risking your life and might get stranded if you do not find people who would accept bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Pages:
Jump to: