Pages:
Author

Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only - page 8. (Read 4928 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 100
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!
Sorry to say so, but you must have a shitty credit card deal if that's the case. My debit card has zero fees for international withdrawals, I can't imagine one that has worse fees than the deviation localbitcoins has from actual bitcoin exchange rates.

Haha this is exactly what I thought - I get Mastercard standard rate on one, and Visa rate on the other. Never pay for transactions or withdrawals, always zero fees. If you're travelling and don't have a zero fee card then you're travelling wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
Lucky you! Don't you feel a little bit angry that Bitcoin value has increases a lot? You could have earned almost $2000 on 1 BTC, it would give you about $4000! I don't like spending my BTC and that's why I can't understand people like you. It must have been a nice experience but you could have earned a lot of money by hodling it just a bit more.

And I would be so sad if it did $1500 per btc!
But at that moment, at that time , it was worth $10000 per btc for me!
Thats what you who question it still don't get ..THE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELING WITH BTC AS YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF SPENDING.

Perfectly replied we are saving bitcoin for future expenses and when you can travel using btc and experiencing this awesome journey is more worthy then what bitcoin value is. If you just save and save and suddenly one day you die then what is the use of savings of bitcoins you have done when you cannot enjoy when ever you want. So when ever you get to enjoy your life you can just go with bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Both countries are safe, exchange rate to USD is good, and to Bitcoin is great! Do your own research...

Nothing impossible, you just invest right, use the income to do something very unique! You don't live twice!

Free tip from your bro: Invest in Litra Coin before its late: www.litra.site
If you don't have money, join their referral program through UPPA: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-uppa-referral-using-third-party-verification-2272693

It is not a dream travelling with BTC. You can think that you are travelling with your own bank like your credit card. I saw a topic in this forum about the restaurants and hotels that BTC obtain. Therefore ıt will be easier in the future travelling with BTC. Congratulations.  Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

Both countries are safe, exchange rate to USD is good, and to Bitcoin is great! Do your own research...

Nothing impossible, you just invest right, use the income to do something very unique! You don't live twice!

Free tip from your bro: Invest in Litra Coin before its late: www.litra.site
If you don't have money, join their referral program through UPPA: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-uppa-referral-using-third-party-verification-2272693

Good for you for making Bitcoin work for you. This truly is freedom. And exploiting the exchange rate. Using localbitcoins is a stroke of genius. We will bear that in mind.
Activity: 644
Merit: 143
In our country, some stores are starting to accept bitcoin as payment. I think, in the future, as bitcoin rises, more establishments will consider bitcoin as one of their payment method. If this time will come, travelling will be less hassle Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 278
pm me next time when you will be in turkey. i like brave bitcoin supporters:)
do not forget to pm:)
Activity: 228
you've got some ballz my friend Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 106
Lucky you! Don't you feel a little bit angry that Bitcoin value has increases a lot? You could have earned almost $2000 on 1 BTC, it would give you about $4000! I don't like spending my BTC and that's why I can't understand people like you. It must have been a nice experience but you could have earned a lot of money by hodling it just a bit more.

And I would be so sad if it did $1500 per btc!
But at that moment, at that time , it was worth $10000 per btc for me!
Thats what you who question it still don't get ..THE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELING WITH BTC AS YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF SPENDING.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

Wow.  What an amazing experience to have it.  I also want that to experience.  Actually I guess it is more safer because you do not have a big amount to show and less holduppers.  But I do not have that bitcoin as much as you.  I never have even one bitcoin.  I wish I could do that someday.

Just make sure to stay on the capitals, main cities, otherwise there is a risk to lose internet connection as it's not disponible on remote places, especially third world countries... In this case, no internet means no money. Indeed a nice experience, but it's necessary to calculate the details very well before launching yourself on an adventure like this. A good idea for a documentary also... (Travelling around the world with BTCs).

You will never Main street media talking about Bitcoin as an alternative to cash!
But again what third world countries!!! What you see on TV has no true meaning! I can show you neighborhoods in NYC, with bad internet and you can't walk on daylight around it... forget the night Smiley

So I would add: avoid these neighboorhoods if you are going to NYC.  Cheesy

The fact that few neighboorhoods in NYC are dangerous don't make most third world countries safer.

Totally, but doesn't mean you should stop the adventure trip! Man I am getting laid by just mentioning bitcoins and overseas trip!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Wow.  What an amazing experience to have it.  I also want that to experience.  Actually I guess it is more safer because you do not have a big amount to show and less holduppers.  But I do not have that bitcoin as much as you.  I never have even one bitcoin.  I wish I could do that someday.

Just make sure to stay on the capitals, main cities, otherwise there is a risk to lose internet connection as it's not disponible on remote places, especially third world countries... In this case, no internet means no money. Indeed a nice experience, but it's necessary to calculate the details very well before launching yourself on an adventure like this. A good idea for a documentary also... (Travelling around the world with BTCs).

You will never Main street media talking about Bitcoin as an alternative to cash!
But again what third world countries!!! What you see on TV has no true meaning! I can show you neighborhoods in NYC, with bad internet and you can't walk on daylight around it... forget the night Smiley

So I would add: avoid these neighboorhoods if you are going to NYC.  Cheesy

The fact that few neighboorhoods in NYC are dangerous don't make most third world countries safer.
Activity: 196
What amazing story that you've shared! it is inspiring me to get bitcoins soon! well, still on progress to catch up some coin. if the amount of coin that i've gather is sufficient for bitcoin exchange, then it will be exchanged! can't wait till its amount is sufficient!  Smiley

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

Why if you just work in the signature campaign for a year itself you can find the perfect money to you. I hope might be earned atleast 2 btc if you just joined signature campaign itself you will be able to make that much amount.
If the travelling with the bitcoin you will be able to exchange the bitcoin to that concern country fiat cash. Avoid USD and go with the bitcoin everywhere.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Wow, that's amazing! I hope I can save up more bitcoins in the future for me to do what you just did. I've been dreaming to explore many countries because I always have this curiousity about different cultures. How one differs from other and how strong a culture in a country is. Right now I have Korea in mind because other they have a really strong culture based on what I've read and watched. And the Kpop buzz have gotten to me a little, not that much. I hope there's a way for me to use btc for my travel there without having to encash it for me to save up from money exchanges.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Amazing & inspiring ! I wish it gets easier in a near futur to travel like that with bitcoins.
Activity: 404
Merit: 105
thats cool! another alternative way for spending is using bitcoin for travel. In that way we can avoid high interest and large tax using credit card. Im also planning to travel next month using my bitcoin i hope it went smooth like your travel
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Wow would like to try this out. Best way to save money.
Activity: 630
Merit: 123
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
But dont go to Zimbabwe, as somebudy just will cut your head off Smiley Anyway,as you said that it's safe, actually it's not.
Pages:
Jump to: