Pages:
Author

Topic: I have 12 Bitcoin. What should I do??? - page 83. (Read 18634 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 02:37:50 PM
Edit: I have now invested 100% into Skycoin

I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

My question is, what do I do now?

As far as I can see, I have 4 options;

1) Hold the Bitcoin

2) Invest in altcoins and leave a little in Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

4) Convert it to fiat (probably the dumbest idea)

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams. Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

Investing everything in a single coin was extremely risky, I know that you seem to be a talented investor and trader but at the same time you could have easily invested in a lot more projects, if for some reason something goes wrong you may need to start from the beginning and that is never a good thing especially since the price of bitcoin is going to grow even more in the year.

I believe that Anonymous Kid just promoting Skycoin - investing everything in a single coin was extremely non sense
Activity: 183
Merit: 25
January 11, 2018, 02:27:59 PM
Jeeez Sky making movess
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
January 09, 2018, 07:56:13 PM
For me its better to keep holding a half of your bitcoin then invest the rest in the altcoin through treading, buy some amount of altcoin that give you big income in the future.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
January 09, 2018, 07:51:33 PM
Right now I would be holding them. The price of Bitcoin is not good to sell at the moment, so if you don't need the money, better hold and wait for price increase.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 07:48:06 PM
Hold your bitcoin is like gold!! You will be rich in a few years!!
Activity: 157
January 09, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

1) Hold the Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams. Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

I personally thing 2 is the wisest decision to make, I always invest my money
Activity: 137
January 09, 2018, 07:37:54 PM
I would choose the first option. Holding is the easiest and most reliable way with so much bitcoins. I think bitcoin will expect growth this year
Activity: 393
Merit: 10
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
January 09, 2018, 12:13:16 AM
I think it's better that you just hold it so you earn a lot and you do not have to worry about it when you enter it in a dangerous way, but just by holding a bitcoin safe and lage you'll see the bitcoin you are paying for.
Activity: 121
Merit: 20
seeking love, friendship and money
January 09, 2018, 12:00:06 AM
option number 3 is the best.. if I have 12 bitcoin I will spend my time doing a to made a good dev team
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
January 08, 2018, 11:18:01 PM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

Well, I agree that converting your 12 Bitcoins into fiat is the dumbest idea. And then the second to the dumbest idea would be putting everything into a single basket. And, unfortunately, that is what you are doing right now. It might have not mattered at all if you are investing into something that is really a solid coin. Skycoin does not even belong to the top 100 of all coins. The big question is why Skycoin of all? Or is this just a way of promoting this coin? I cannot get your true point.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
January 08, 2018, 11:09:55 PM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

Investing everything in a single coin was extremely risky, I know that you seem to be a talented investor and trader but at the same time you could have easily invested in a lot more projects, if for some reason something goes wrong you may need to start from the beginning and that is never a good thing especially since the price of bitcoin is going to grow even more in the year.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
January 08, 2018, 11:08:54 PM
At a minimum I would trade half your Bitcoins for Ethereum.
Activity: 336
January 08, 2018, 10:38:15 PM
For me you should go to trading and make your profit every day so after you will start trading you need to study first the basic things to know when the candlesticks pump and dump
Activity: 126
January 08, 2018, 10:26:58 PM
Take 2 BTC and start your project. While continuing to flip the other 10. Invest profits from flipping the 10 into the project.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
January 08, 2018, 10:17:37 PM
I think if you really hold 12 Bitcoin, you can double it or maybe triple. But you need to be smart in trading and hold different coins for multiplying your bitcoins. Make sense?
Activity: 518
https://www.empirehotels.io/
January 08, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
You can play trading on multiple exchangers, or also participate in a good ICO. you can read a project from whitepaper. whether it is good or not. and you can buy some tokens, then wait for tokens released in the market.
Activity: 257
January 08, 2018, 10:11:24 PM
Wow thats a big amount of money. Congrats and I dont think you need an advice because it looks you know how to trade and earn money so why not you just follow what you did earlier.
Activity: 289
Merit: 103
January 08, 2018, 10:05:58 PM
1 hold I think 1/4 of the total 12 bitcoin you have means 3bitcoins and hold in a cold storage or hardware wallet if you have

the other 9 is to put it in altcoins like ETH and other altcoins that have the possibility to rise over time.
I recommend to choose among top 20 tokens alts in the coin market cap and do your own research by looking to the platforms and advantage of the coins you want to invest. leave it for a year or do trading then walla you will gain profit 
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 08, 2018, 04:37:49 PM
if you have decided to hold your 12 bitcoins, you must have an offline wallet. it is not safe to store your bitcoin in an online wallet. since they are online, they are an easy target. but if you have decided to invest in altcoins, you should wait until their price become cheap to maximize your profit.
Activity: 98
January 08, 2018, 04:31:18 PM
Hold it man and wait for the explosion:) bitcoin is the king but don't forget that kingdoms needs Queen as well  to be kingdom.  Take and some alt as well.
Pages:
Jump to: