Pages:
Author

Topic: I hope others will learn from this - page 11. (Read 1893 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
April 28, 2021, 06:36:01 AM
Holding coins and tokens and not looking back until you start hearing how big crypto market is will leave you in a very bad mood, I'm sure this must have happened to some people here as well, this is my new sad story, I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

I hope others will learn from this
Some projects will allow you to swap their tokens so you can contact them to know possible solutions. And this is a real problem if you wants to invest on shit coins in long term, you have to keep in touch with the project all the time if you don't want to lose your assets.
I don't know about the OP's case, but the project party should have provided information or at least explained to their holders that they are going to do a token swap, right? it looks really weird if they suddenly do a token swap without giving any information to anyone, btw, communicating to the project concerned and monitoring the altcoins you invest in are fundamentally important in investing
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
April 28, 2021, 06:22:30 AM
You definitely aren't at wrong if you're an investor and the developer didn't send you a warning or notice before hand, even that they should allow anyone who holds their coin to swap it at anytime without setting the due time, if they don't it's the same as scam or thief then.
The developer themselves should know that their projects aren't really the center attention of their investors and each investor have their own life, as an investor we can't really always watching the news regarding the project 24/7 that's just ridiculous and really these kind of token swapping deadline is bullshit and should be considered as scam. I've experienced once and I'd easily consider it as the most excruciating experience ever in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
April 28, 2021, 06:12:00 AM
Holding coins and tokens and not looking back until you start hearing how big crypto market is will leave you in a very bad mood, I'm sure this must have happened to some people here as well, this is my new sad story, I have some moozicore and nxps in holding and I just heard that they swapped to new coins leaving my tokens useless

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

i think it's half of your fault too because you don't read any new update regarding the token/coins that you are holding
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
April 28, 2021, 06:01:18 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Happened to me as well back in the past. What I hate most about it is often the very short notice and deadline where they start excluding holders from the swapping process for essentially no reason or even in an illegal way. I mean, if you didn't check your coins for 3 yeas, that might be a bit different. But if they only give you 2 weeks or a month that is an outright scam to me. You could be in hospital or for whatever reason not be able or willing to check your holdings.

Can't they offer you any alternative?
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
April 28, 2021, 05:58:18 AM

I think that's the developer's fault. The holders deserve the swap service that will be last forever. It's not fair for the old holders that didn't get any information regarding the swap will get useless token.
MZG was a garbage coin but it's not for pundi.
There are some services that gave the old holders ability to swap its token forever.
The team who has been giving deadline to do the swap just like cheating its old holders.
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
April 28, 2021, 05:54:26 AM
To say the truth this have happened to me as well, very long time ago when I was still new to crypto and blockchain tech, this is a normal thing to happen to most newbies and later as time goes by they will learn, it's just like trying to figure out which project is the best to invest money on and which project is a scam, crypto lessons can't be learning in a day 
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
April 28, 2021, 05:41:28 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

If you hold a token, you must know how they progress. If the token is going to swap, of course the investor will be given time to swap. Some projects have deadlines and some don't, that's the reason why you should monitor the progress of the project.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
April 28, 2021, 05:37:08 AM
You can only hold coins like BTC and ETH without looking back, this is your fault but good that you've learned from it, any coins or tokens that aren't oldy and on top of 10th position I would always watch then very close and In fact plan to hold them for short term only
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 28, 2021, 05:31:41 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Some projects will allow you to swap their tokens so you can contact them to know possible solutions. And this is a real problem if you wants to invest on shit coins in long term, you have to keep in touch with the project all the time if you don't want to lose your assets.
Activity: 369
Merit: 16
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
April 28, 2021, 05:28:33 AM

MZI swapped to MZG
NXPS swapped to PUNdiX

Pages:
Jump to: