Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 76. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
You have great altcoins to keep. In cryptoland you'll see a lot more like this happening. Long term is the keyes in most competitive altcoins. Hardfolks of BTC created a temporary loss in alts. If you look back charts of older existing cryptos like DOGE ,Monacoin or Reddcoin they had ups and down many times.  DOGE was traded for 200+ satoshis about 6 months ago now down to 23. Although, DOGE has no innovation at all its popularity of low transaction fees gives value to it. Be patient mate to make profit on your coins. Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Please hold Stratis and Siacoins but I don't have any good idea with Digibyte.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
If I were you I would prefer to keep holding. Because seeing losses almost reach 100%, at least can get 50% then i will sell them all. And trying to look profitable altcoin to trade.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
I know this is an old thread, and perhaps I am not even answering to the OP, but..

At the end of the day buying (as opposed to investing) in Crypto, is believing more in them than in Fiat and the banks.

I am still shorting the banks and current system. No matter if Ark, Sia, Waves, et cetera are now down. They will do better than the common alternative.

HODL!

Why do you think that e.g. Waves or Ark are down now..?
It maybe their natural market price..
Activity: 383
Merit: 10
you must learn from the experience of losing, evaluate your mistakes and rise slowly to get bitcoin slowly. if you are patient and you are sure 80% of your lost bitcoin will come back with a rather large amount.
Activity: 16
Merit: 3
I know this is an old thread, and perhaps I am not even answering to the OP, but..

At the end of the day buying (as opposed to investing) in Crypto, is believing more in them than in Fiat and the banks.

I am still shorting the banks and current system. No matter if Ark, Sia, Waves, et cetera are now down. They will do better than the common alternative.

HODL!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Well, there is strategy called Average down! If you had been using the strategy you may not have lost so much. It is not late now. Double the units you have in all these coin. Any 10 % to 20% increase in price will automatically put you in profit! Keep buying the deep and you won't lose a dime at the end of the day!
That's really a great idea to double the units.Its really a splendid idea.I haven't thought anytime in this way.If the invested coins are really worth enough to increase,then this idea would work out and if not,it would lead o total loss of the investment.
Activity: 204
Alts are pumping right now,do you recovered the loss you had? you should keep holding the alts to recover atleast a half of your loss.
Activity: 518
Same here and exactly the same coins I also am currently holding and bought them around the 1st quarter of this year. Because of bitcoins price that skyrocketed, most of the altcoins also were dragged down and could not recover so eventually I had more losses than profits. I haven't logged in for some time on the exchange site because I couldn't bare to see the coins that are all so low. So I'll just hold them until they will reach a certain amount where I can sell them after and just concentrate on bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

I feel the same way.i bought xem and xrp and they all dumped so hard. Im thinking they will not recover so i just recently i just gave them up. Btc is growing so i need to hold btc instead of waiting for these alts to pump again before i sell.
Activity: 434
As many have mentioned, you haven't lost the $$ until you actually sell for a loss. Also, June/July wasn't that long ago so being patient is important since bitcoin is going crazy right now which affects alts, for the most part.  I have a few in the same situation and just sitting tight with sell limits set at around or just above my initial investment. Also, since my demise in this situation, I've set tighter stop losses when purchasing seemingly volatile investments.
Yes now patience paying holders including me even bitcoin price crossed 8000$ ether price is increasing even some other high potential coins I am holding also increasing some low value coins are not performing remaining coins moving upward trend . If the same trend goes ethereum only will recover my most of losses.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
Hey, this thread is already more than one month old, so instead of giving him advise that he may not read we should first investigate if he has managed to lose his final 20% as well. In which case, game over.
Activity: 135
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

If it was not the last money do not sell at a loss. Hold and wait for the growth of altcoins. You haven't lost your money until you sell them.
I stick to the same strategy.

Even if it's his last money or more all his money selling in lost is the worst choice. Many times many coins showed that after a big collapse in price they rise again. If you have invested in projects in which you put your trust then there is no point in selling in loss. If you don't have to do it, obviously
Activity: 378
I would suggest you to hold your coins because this coins are coins with potential of reaching 3-5x of their price. Just wait for the launch of their projects and you will see what I mean. You have held till now and be patient and wait around 3 months more.
Activity: 136
if you sell it at the moment and the result is better sold and if you want or can bear the bitcoin results you got from the sale.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
As many have mentioned, you haven't lost the $$ until you actually sell for a loss. Also, June/July wasn't that long ago so being patient is important since bitcoin is going crazy right now which affects alts, for the most part.  I have a few in the same situation and just sitting tight with sell limits set at around or just above my initial investment. Also, since my demise in this situation, I've set tighter stop losses when purchasing seemingly volatile investments.
Activity: 145
Merit: 101
altcoin seems like to start well then get flattened as there are rarely any real business built on the blockchain at all.

could you name any popular blockchain site that are selling on the net?

I will buy in if anyone could shine a light
Activity: 260
Merit: 129
In a bull market BTC vs FIAT it's very hard to trade with alt. They are all in ATH, very difficult. I did smal loss since this past month. The better to do was to wait. But Bitcoin can grow up forever, in a new bear market it will be easy to earn BTC. The only question is when ?
Activity: 301
Next Generation Antivirus
Hey there

If it was not the last money do not sell at a loss. Hold and wait for the growth of altcoins. You haven't lost your money until you sell them.
I stick to the same strategy.
Activity: 140
If i was in your place i would keep the alt coins. See it as long term investment.
Also i would inject more cash buying other coins which the price is attractive.
Building a diversified portfolio is the best strategy for me.
Keep a core amount of coins you would never sell and each time you see a hype in a coin sell some coins and buy back when drops.
this is what i do and is working pretty well. Not always but most of the times.
Pages:
Jump to: