Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 79. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017
Yeah suppoman is really annoying. Most of his coins have suffered huge losses.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Weren't all these coins called by suppoman in the summer?

Don't listen to that buffoon, he's an idiot.
I'm becoming more and more suspicious of most of these Alt shillers.
Lost quite a bit of money trying to trade alts over the summer. Now I'm just doing buy and hold. Mainly BTC, with a bit of alts on the side.

Check out CombiCoin (by Triaconta), it's kind of a fund of different alt-coins. Has outperformed (30% gains in one month) most coins, with less volatility.

Find the right shiller (which seems like you have) and don't ever listen to suppoman. He is good for beginners who want to get into cryptos but once you get more experienced you realize he truly is dumb. Even in his videos, he always claims to buy at the very bottom and sell at the very top, EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's so annoying. Majority of the coins he is shilling aren't doing well.. and he shills 10-20 different coins every single week.

I hate that man with a passion, and don't get my started on his voice.
Activity: 154
that's about four months ago, which isn't much, your picks are quite descent so you might have to wait a while more for the tokens to appreciate. Everyone is expecting returns of 200 and 300%, be happy if you'll get 20% which is much more than you would earn if you invested in a traditional market. The second point is that you invested in about three to four tokens, it will take quite more than that for you to get a descent return, four tokens are nearly not enough to call your portfolio diversified and there is still a lot of risk losing money as you're not invested in BTC and ETH, which both usually act as a hedge against altcoins. In general have some patience and if you ain't got it then you shouldn't be in the blockchain sector to start with.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
I think in your situation it is best to keep your altcoins and hope for their growth.
Activity: 127
I suggest or hold a long time you buy part altcoins, virtual currency market is good, it is still likely to go back up. Withdraw some money to upgrade your life and use virtual currency as a long-term investment.
Activity: 140
If I can remember correctly it started June this year when the alt market started to get bloody. I also lost some many of my positions because I didn't set a stop loss. A lesson learned. Digibyte, Stratis and Siacoin are fundamentally good coins so they should be recovering slowly until next year.
Early this year was a crazy bull market for alt. Now it's time to correction, they lost a lot of their market cap since this summer. The better thing to do was to sell and wait the BTC rally's end.

wait the BTC rally's end its ok, but why he must sell his coin? I think he must wait and hold coin. I have the same situation. I lost 50% in BTC, but on Usdt at this moment i have same money as in the begining of my traiding.
Activity: 203
Hodl, been it that situation before, longtime holder with Maid onetime, it's not fun when you are waiting, but most recover one time.  Ofcourse keep an eye out if the Alt doesn't bleed to death. 
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
CryptoPuzzle.com developer
If I can remember correctly it started June this year when the alt market started to get bloody. I also lost some many of my positions because I didn't set a stop loss. A lesson learned. Digibyte, Stratis and Siacoin are fundamentally good coins so they should be recovering slowly until next year.
Early this year was a crazy bull market for alt. Now it's time to correction, they lost a lot of their market cap since this summer. The better thing to do was to sell and wait the BTC rally's end.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 616
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
try to trade your altcoins relative to the cue BTC, with a competent approach you can return the outgoing amount BTC
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
3D Blockchain Applications Platform
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

I think all you can do now is HODL. The coins you bought are not so bad, but you made high price purchase unfortunatelly. So, you should wait for their price recovery. Anyway "buy and hodl" strategy is one of the best in crypto. Wink
Activity: 167
Hey there

If you left it in BTC, you would be $$$.

You should quit crypto, its not working for you.
Activity: 5
Hey there

if u see that coins have potensial for future better hold it, but if want to recover ur cutlose fast, u should sell it and trade with potensial coin
before u choose alt, learn about that, are potensial or not?

Just save it. If you lose your btc its worth it because sometimes altcoins can give you a lot of money. You just have to be patience with crypto because all their coins are unstable so don't forget that.

You can also sell it to recover your loss but you would lose a lot if you do that.
Activity: 938
Merit: 511
The recent bitcoin's forks drama continue, and bitcoin is pumping up again, so I think altcoins will go down in recent weeks. Maybe the price of Bitcoin will drop soon and altcoins will go up.
Activity: 728
Merit: 48
Hey there

if u see that coins have potensial for future better hold it, but if want to recover ur cutlose, u should sell it and trade with potensial coin
before u choose alt, learn about that, are potensial or not?
Activity: 27
u can join this chat and look out for a pump (they notify you when a pump is about to happen)

https://discord.gg/SFgx3U

Activity: 70
Stratis is not such a bad altcoin, i think it will go up later.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
Since you are left with 20% of you initial capital and BTC price is going up, better convert it for now with BTC because most of the times when BTC is up, alts price goes down. When the coast is clear, you can start trading again but be very careful in selecting where to put your BTC. I have always advised to those who ask for tips to be happy with small profits at least your BTC is growing, unlike aiming for big profits but you are ending up holding a bag of coins with high price because the price dropped.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Omg this topis is so sad Sad

Dont sell anything till their prices turn back normally. In 2018, altcoins will rise. Too many people waiting rise. Just hold them...

Yes, this thread is were all the sadnesses of cryptos is converging to. You can't say you have been living cryptos if you didn't go thought these dark phases where all your money seems to have vanished, shrinked in its value heading towards nothingness. The only way out is to resist and to hold.
Activity: 93
The best advise I can give to you is selling all and buy bitcoin. If you still holding that you could lose all. In this situation, it's  really hard to tell because they could recover but they could not. My opinion is only to invest in bitcoin. Only use 20% of your bitcoin to atls
Pages:
Jump to: