Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 77. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Friend, it's very bad that it happened. But I do not recommend selling you into negative. Only with the exit to breakeven, I would sell part of the asset. And keep the rest, bitcoin will soon stabilize, and all altcoyins will begin to gain past prices.
Activity: 256
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO
Alts coins are pumping right now you should be celebrating if you didnt dump your alts since you created this thread.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Same happened with me i lost everything now trying to earn from different altcoins bounties they pay better for my activities.. If you can invest in ICO then thats a good option also.
Activity: 274
You should be glad that you hold 80% alts in your portfolio,the table is turning now.Go sell the alts now when you still have the time,another fork is coming it means another bloodbath.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I think you will gain back some of your loss but no sure about all if you hold, I think you bought at top of the market which most people are guilty of, again you need to also evaluate your portfolio in terms of USD because BTC has grown alot recently
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
There  is nothing you can do presently  until the  price of the  coin you bought rise,but do not  give  up on altcoin,most  importantly  ensure YOU DYOR on any ICO you want to invest into  next time.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
The recent bitcoin's forks drama continue, and bitcoin is pumping up again, so I think altcoins will go down in recent weeks. Maybe the price of Bitcoin will drop soon and altcoins will go up.
Bitcoin is really showing a huge sign of having some huge runs but who knows ?
The alts are really being suppressed right now and until we see some balance that would last for a while, it would still be very hard to see some of the alts doing well.

Price of bitcoin may not really go down that much and even if we may have to see corrections now, it would not be below $6,750 hopefully. But nothing is constant and anything can happen with alts any moment.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I think we're the same, Didn't expect them to pump really fast.

Anyways, Let's hold. It's still not a loss. There's still hope for them.

Be strong my friend. Haha.
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
Technically, you haven't lost anything as you haven't sold your altcoins.
Be patient, altcoins market is going to explode in 2018. Mark my words.
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
There is another way to find out like whether ALTs are at fair price or not

If you find any similar projects which are having higher market capitalization than which you are looking at altcoin then that altcoin is trading at undervalued

So you can enter into the ALTs with confidence.

Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
Hi

Try to enter altcoins at ICO price if you believe in projects for long term

If you found the bonus structure is huge during the crowdsale then wait until the coins reaches to the Exchange then you will get the ALTs at fair price
Activity: 182
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Mate, you and me both with f##king siacoin. I have 200,000 of them. FML. Just HODL them for a few years and HOPEFULLY they recover. I doubt we will ever see the same BTC price again that we paid as the price of BTC is soaring. I doubt we will ever see SC at 700 sats again. :/
Activity: 186
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Well, it's okay until quite recently, you could observe their stable decline, now of course there is already a rise in bitcoin, but I can not say anything for your coins, most likely they also gave rise.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
When losses are that high, best case scenario is to hold until they go up.  Coins randomly pump for the dumbest of things.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
try to stay in the altcoins until a certain time, if the price is a little good to sell all and invest in other altcoins
Activity: 196
Since all of them have lost nearly 80% of the loss, then hold it, after all, the recent coins have been up, probably your currency up, your bitcoin will come back most of it?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Take a risk again to make it grow. You already lost the war, the only thing you can do it fight for what you have.
Activity: 322
same here dear but i lost in other coins. but your loss is higher...
that why i sold my coins to save that what i left ....

in my opinion u must sell your coins...
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
I also lost some money on altcoins. Well shit happens all the time. Altcoin investment decision are hard to think, I think like it is even harder to read markets. Maybe crypto isn't for you?
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
Don't worry as you are in the same boat as many. Just remember you haven't lost or gained anything until you actually sell. Most alts are only down right now because of Bitcoin's price surge. If you've picked good altcoins your investment should be safe and most probably, the fiat value of your altcoins will still be the same as if when you initially invested. Just hodl if you don't need the money immediately.
Exactly I am also feeling the same while comparing with usd my loss is not much but while comparing with bitcoin investment loss more than 50% so most of the people are in same ship anything is possible in crypto world have a patience .
The patience is important and neccessary for anything, any field, not only Bitcoin is the field needs that virtue. Beside that, you are investing to earning dollar, you should forget the amount of Bitcoin in trading because the final place to take profits always is FIAT, it is not Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: