Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 73. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10
i believe u should hold your BTC and maybe change your altcoin trading strategy
DIW
Activity: 476
Merit: 131
DIWtoken.com
Your post is of 2 months ago and there is a high chance that some of the Altcoins you invested in have gained price, and what you experienced was an extreme dump phase, there is no need for you to feel bad.

It is a fact, losing Bitcoins is not what One would like to hear. It is a good time to re-asses your strategies. But since you lost that much of percentage, it would be wiser to hold on to what you got and slowly pick up from your loss.

One piece piece of advice would be to always hold Bitcoin in your wallet, even if its a smaller portion. Bitcoin is a long term investment and eventually will bring you back to where you was financially.

Activity: 280
Don't be mad at all , just hold them and see , they will rise <3
Activity: 62
Merit: 11
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

it is your wrong you invest in unknown coins if you invest in ETH , BCH (2017 Aug), LTC will gain a lot .

so you can hold btc or invest in ETH , BCH and LTC 
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
the most difficult decision to make is "hodling" a bag full of junk, but at this point you've got no option
Activity: 564
Merit: 104
It very much depends which alts you have bought, but probably the best solution, now that the damage is done, is to hodl until yuur alts recover.
Activity: 392
I used to lose a lot of Bitcoin by investing my Bitcoin into Altcoin like Wave, Chronobank and Expanse. If I hold my Bitcoin instead of investing in Altcoin then I will be more richer than now. What I did is dump my altcoin when they rise a little bit and keep my Bitcoin. Trading is very difficult is you are newbie but when you have enough experiences then it will be a lot easier

I also lost a lot on coins, which I considered promising. For example Waves. I bought them at a price of 0.0015 bitcoins. Now this is a cheap and unclaimed coin. I decided to invest only in bitcoin, DASH, LTC and ETH
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
I used to lose a lot of Bitcoin by investing my Bitcoin into Altcoin like Wave, Chronobank and Expanse. If I hold my Bitcoin instead of investing in Altcoin then I will be more richer than now. What I did is dump my altcoin when they rise a little bit and keep my Bitcoin. Trading is very difficult is you are newbie but when you have enough experiences then it will be a lot easier
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
I think you have to sell it when floating minus 30%, but for now wait for going up about 10%-20% then just sell it. After that to do short altcoin trading and choose good coin in fundamental only like ETH, DASH, LTC. By doing short trade in these same coin will be more safe than others coin. Buy and sell at the those same coin with patient can to recovery your lose and less risk because those coin strong in fundamental and most popular coin.
Activity: 658
just hodl if they are good alt
Activity: 180
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

Oh my gosh! It is a very bad decision selling your bitcoins just to buy altcoins. 80% of your investment to loss is so making me upset because bitcoins now is almost $1,100. Well it'll be lesson learned to all of us that we should not sell our bitcoins for altcoins.
Activity: 11
Market thm if you wish to be an idiot.e
Activity: 110
Oh my, that's a big loss there mate. You just had a bad luck, i'd say try and come back, you should have just bought bitcoin or litecoin or dogecoin, there is a lot of good coins with better performances through out the year. You should have carefully take a look out or studied the one's that you have picked to buy in. Just a personal advice, you dont wanna sell it now because you already lose your profit, just try and make a comeback.
Activity: 406
Merit: 263
If you really believe in your altcoins that they will have really great future then there is only one thing to do is just waiting enough. Trading is very difficult if you cant wait enough.

You never loss anything unless you sell your coins. So better wait more.

Activity: 10
OP, every dog has it's day, and so does every alt. You can only lose if you sell! We have all been in a similar position. I sold my ETH during the dip, and now it is back at almost $500 Shocked
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
Hey there

I don't follow the development of altcoin you buy. but you should be patient and hold it for as long as possible. these few months bitcoin always goes up with all sorts of scenarios. I think the year 2018 will begin to increase altcoin time. my prediction, if the bitcoin next year is stable then altcoin will rise.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Altcoins will have their time don't worry. Just hold on to them and when one alt goes up sell them off. Just keep at it and then when everything is in bitcoin sitback and relax while it surges upwards!
Activity: 182
i suggest you to hodl it until the 2018 starts,alts days are coming so dont dispose them.
Activity: 532
Don't lost hope buddy wait for the right time before you sell your coin. Just hold it first and wait for the value to pump. But if you hold your bitcoin until now instead of buying some alts. It is bigger now than before.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
I think bad idea if used all Bitcoin to buy altcoin because Bitcoin is strongest digital currency, and 80% portfolio should be for Bitcoin. But for now I think you should be trade it first, sell that altcoin when going up little bit and buy others altcoin where that altcoin has strong fundamental and buy it when in the deepest like ETH, DASH, WAVES, NEO, XMR and do short trade and take profit maksimum 25%,  day trade will be more safe because price of Bitcoin strong bullish now. With patienly and dont greedy I think you can get your Bitcoin back.
Pages:
Jump to: