Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 59. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0
When market falls i prefer just to hodl my favorite coins. I am sure they have bright future and in 1 or 2 years their prices will be much higher, so i just stay calm.
Activity: 190
Merit: 10
You can do nothing I suppose. You should be more careful later and check every detail. I don’t see the other way.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
the advice will be to hold on to its asset,irrespective of the extent of loss. if he is watching the market from the time he started the thread he should have seen some surge in price now. The loss is due to lack of knowledge in trade, you dont buy when the price is high but when it dumps. There will always be a correction in price then wait till the correction takes place and put your money.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
For you this is clearly a lesson that you remember for a long time now you no longer make such a mistake, we learn only our mistakes so take this lesson and everything will be fine.
Activity: 203
Merit: 3
It's unfortunate that happened but there is nothing much you can do now that it has happened, but on the positive side of things, you have gained some experience on how to deal with these coins and not to always make judgements in regards to the success of other coins.  The coins you mentioned are good enough though so I think you could just hold on to the coins a little longer, at least till the market recovers
Activity: 39
 Hold it and forget and it is true because if we still get in the market, we can see the price is up and down in many times and it will make our emotion will always change. and it could make us become sad and stress because we cannot sell in the down of the price so maybe we need to leave for a while the market and do another thing that will help us to manage the emotion. You need to control your emotion to not get frustrated. Future is bright and sunny.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Is your portfolio solid projects altcoins? If Yes, just keep holding because it will definitely come back to its all time high,  if no it will be advisable to cut loses and move on because we are still in bearish season
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
No need to panic, your money will not disappear, only less. I've experienced it too. All you have to do now is hold your assets, be patient, wait until the price goes up. Then sell your assets. Your money will come back and you will also get a profit.
Activity: 392
Merit: 28
Come on, I think now everyone has such a state of sadness, enjoy the summer, at least do not look in your wallet, and in the autumn you will still remember with a smile about it!
Activity: 140
The same thing happened to me too during the bear market period and i think everyone is affected by the bear market conditions, But i am using bounties to build it up and i believe soon I will recover from the lost.
Activity: 56
sell the rest of them and buy them back at lower prices!
Activity: 594
Merit: 253
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
I'm sorry for your loss, but don't remember in trading when you loss it's final there is no going back, there is nothing to do you can do now but you can continue to increase it's capital without thinking about this case. Because you came here to make money, the failures will be, but the important thing is to overcome them and not to lose heart.

This is just my own assessment. Since you were not able to cut your losses earlier then I think the best option here is to hold especially on bitcoin. Regarding your altcoins. Just make sure everything is intact fundamentally so when the market recovers you'll be just fine.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
I'm sorry for your loss, but don't remember in trading when you loss it's final there is no going back, there is nothing to do you can do now but you can continue to increase it's capital without thinking about this case. Because you came here to make money, the failures will be, but the important thing is to overcome them and not to lose heart.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 30
[REP] Augur
I lost more than half the value of all my coins. Now you only need to wait for the market to grow.
copper member
Activity: 196

I also lose a substantial amount in my portfolio but i will still hold and not sell. If you have the confidence in crypto and have trust that the price will rise again maybe you will want to consider holding the coins you have since the price have drop so much and withdrawing it now you will be losing a big percentage why don't focus on other jobs that can earn you money to sustain yourself and leave the amount in crypto and maybe after sometime your portfolio will be back and you even profits.
Activity: 210
You should be suspicious about it. bitcoin increases rapidly and in the absence of good ribs for bitcoin. if trading a crypto use your logic. increase and decrease must exist in the crypto but the percentage increase should be reasonable.
Activity: 109
No other choice than HOLD , you are not the only one facing this lost. Selling at lost will the bigger mistake you can make right now. In a bearish market like we facing right now, only strong and solid holders will make money, they weak hands will sell even at lost. Dont be afraid, specially if you invest the money you was ready to lose Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
most of my friend lost more than 60% of money and then they quit.
I don't think that's a good choice, when ever you still have money in wallet, you still have chance to do it all again
I was once lost 90% and made it back. it's hard I know, but money doesn't come easy.
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
Guess you are so carried away by the profit you made and you forgot to listen to the advise that says always invest the amount you are willing to lose because crypto is so volatile, the only thing you can do now, is to hold until price increase again.
Activity: 77
Losing for a beginner is inevitable. You have to lose to learn how to lose. Learn how not to fomo into buying or selling. Keep pushing on
Pages:
Jump to: