Pages:
Author

Topic: I Predict Difficulty Will Be Over 100 Million by Summer 2013 - page 3. (Read 12414 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I've been away for a bit (and have no pre-orders, lol) so when exactly is the new alleged release date for BFL products?  I'll laugh if they get beat by another company like the one making Avalons.  I figured from the beginning they were lying about the date just to get the most pre-orders since it's such a time sensitive thing.
They announced a 30-day delay around the middle of December. ATM, they should get their chips around Jan 15th.

Just like they SHOULD have shipped in October, November, and December...lol
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I've been away for a bit (and have no pre-orders, lol) so when exactly is the new alleged release date for BFL products?  I'll laugh if they get beat by another company like the one making Avalons.  I figured from the beginning they were lying about the date just to get the most pre-orders since it's such a time sensitive thing.
They announced a 30-day delay around the middle of December. ATM, they should get their chips around Jan 15th.
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov
where's the official bet?

The only offer so far available for X.IDIFF.JUN future on MPEx indicates that seller expects difficulty to end up well below 77 million. Whoever really believes it's going to be over 100 million, go there and buy it. If you disagree, also go there and sell Wink
Activity: 392
That's not the end of November.  That's not the end of November at all, rofl.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

exactly 4-6 weeks

[/troll]
Activity: 438
Merit: 291
This is mostly for my own amusement. Bump this to tell me how wrong or right I was when summer arrives  Grin

I agree based on BFL saying that their 1st batch of asics is 100k chips:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-are-expecting-100000-chips-128414
Activity: 574
Australian culture will have an Asustralian bet on a fly walking or flying up a wall

So ..instead of blah blah blah this that woulda coulda shoulda

Lets put money on it .. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 952
I am Australian so will bet on anything
I don't really see the connection? Huh
Activity: 574

I am Australian so will bet on anything

Give me an exact date and I will put 5 BTC that says No to 100 million Cheesy

Activity: 756
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
my extremely elaborate estimate puts it at 20.344x and it was quite conservative so your 33x is probably about right.
Yes, somewhere between 20x and 33x is the real value.
my extremely elaborate estimate puts it at 20.344x and it was quite conservative so your 33x is probably about right.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Though I'm not sure I can picture reaching your "end of November" max numbers, I'm 100% with you on the minimums.

A single re-target never changes the target by more than a factor of 4 either way to prevent large changes in difficulty.

The question now is how many days it will take before the next difficulty change.

The code that enforces this is located here.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/d62a1947be5350ed60066ccacc7aba43bbdf48fb/src/main.cpp#L857

good call:

if (nActualTimespan < nTargetTimespan/4)
        nActualTimespan = nTargetTimespan/4;
    if (nActualTimespan > nTargetTimespan*4)
        nActualTimespan = nTargetTimespan*4;
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Though I'm not sure I can picture reaching your "end of November" max numbers, I'm 100% with you on the minimums.

A single re-target never changes the target by more than a factor of 4 either way to prevent large changes in difficulty.

The question now is how many days it will take before the next difficulty change.

The code that enforces this is located here.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/d62a1947be5350ed60066ccacc7aba43bbdf48fb/src/main.cpp#L857
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
thats a scary number 100 Million LOL ... i doubt it
depending on how many people order mini rig's and such
and also if new hardware comings out again but still
look for longs its taking for stuff to come out now...
legendary
Activity: 1876
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

1) ASIC devices not only meet their predicted specs, but some exceed them
2) ASIC devices become extremely cheap
3) USD/BTC values skyrocket to new highs and stabilize up there

IMHO : ASIC already seems to be exceeding spec.. and are cheap, maybe become extremely cheap this winter..

Haha I know, right. The day I posted that was the day BFL had me cross off #1 on that list with their updated specs  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin

1) ASIC devices not only meet their predicted specs, but some exceed them
2) ASIC devices become extremely cheap
3) USD/BTC values skyrocket to new highs and stabilize up there

IMHO : ASIC already seems to be exceeding spec.. and are cheap, maybe become extremely cheap this winter..

I've bet on a 100 U$ / BTC before 2014 !  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: