Pages:
Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 35. (Read 242498 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 505
October 10, 2017, 09:09:20 PM
+
Activity: 547
Merit: 253
October 10, 2017, 05:37:34 PM
It is not that easy. Even if you read the trend you might guess 5 movements and the 6th one will go bad and take 100+% of the previous 5 ones. It is just a matter of time. Perhaps it will happen now or in 5 years. So nothing is gained on the long term...
Even the pros will make you understand that it is not always a win win situation. Good knowledge can make you minimize loss, but ability to see the future will only make you to always win which we both know it is not possible to see the future. Like you said, if you have 6 trades, you might win in 5 but you do not have to lose the 6th one badly if you know when to stop and cancel the trade.

I agree on this matter,  pros sometime fail due to trading isn't good for the coins that's been holding for several months and it took up a year upon achieving good pumps. But other investors were courageous to face the very big challenge and won't ever quit and always controls their emotions.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
October 10, 2017, 04:25:46 PM
It is not that easy. Even if you read the trend you might guess 5 movements and the 6th one will go bad and take 100+% of the previous 5 ones. It is just a matter of time. Perhaps it will happen now or in 5 years. So nothing is gained on the long term...
Even the pros will make you understand that it is not always a win win situation. Good knowledge can make you minimize loss, but ability to see the future will only make you to always win which we both know it is not possible to see the future. Like you said, if you have 6 trades, you might win in 5 but you do not have to lose the 6th one badly if you know when to stop and cancel the trade.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
Especially this days with high volatile you need to have great patience and discipline trading
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
X-Block.io
October 10, 2017, 03:16:54 PM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

Did last posters checked topic start date? It was 2 years ago. Who knows what happened to that 40 btc..

But honestly, how can someone advise what to do with money not knowing actual needs, life position and status.. The only thing that comes in mind looking on how btc grew for this past 2 years - to hold, hold, and to enjoy watching price goes up.

I don't think any one really pays attention to it at all. But you are right that you cannot say what is right because it depends hugely person to person. I would advise anyone to hold their bitcoin but frankly if I had 40btc I would likely cash out a large amount to secure my future in some way.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 02:58:02 PM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Did last posters checked topic start date? It was 2 years ago. Who knows what happened to that 40 btc..

But honestly, how can someone advise what to do with money not knowing actual needs, life position and status.. The only thing that comes in mind looking on how btc grew for this past 2 years - to hold, hold, and to enjoy watching price goes up.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
October 10, 2017, 02:30:45 PM

You can always step it up to the real numbers. Take that scenario, multiply it by 100 and come play in the big boy yard. 7 BTC, I was just saying that each and every floor trader we have starts the day with that as trading power, and ends the day with nearly twice as much on an average day.
Activity: 269
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 12:32:41 PM
You are one damn lucky guy , having 40bitcoins is too much. I am sorry that you lost some of your initial investment though.

I suggest you cashout 70% of your bitcoins then use the remaining 30% to trade.don't give up  this time.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
October 10, 2017, 12:29:33 PM
This is not a good idea, giving up means you lose. there is still plenty of time to learn.
you must have a teacher or mentor to let you understand the safe trading style.  Cool
You need to be very much brave and you need to be having a big heart if you are into this world of trading. It is not a bad decision actually if you are planning for quitting the trade. In fact, I will support you in this aspect especially when you are not doing much well with the trading. You need to take a break so that you can start again with more zeal and zest.
I do not see why someone will classify not quitting a good idea. If the OP or anyone feels they have tried their best and it is not just working out for them, then why not? The thing is no matter how some people learn, there are just some attributes in them that may not really be of much help in trading.

So it is either they find out those attributes and work on them or they just look for something else to do. However, for those who did not even make an attempt to learn, then it is better they find best means possible to retrace their steps rather than quitting cause of their own mistakes.

Agreed. It can't workout for everyone, the profit one trader makes is money out of another traders pocket.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
October 10, 2017, 12:08:32 PM
This is not a good idea, giving up means you lose. there is still plenty of time to learn.
you must have a teacher or mentor to let you understand the safe trading style.  Cool
You need to be very much brave and you need to be having a big heart if you are into this world of trading. It is not a bad decision actually if you are planning for quitting the trade. In fact, I will support you in this aspect especially when you are not doing much well with the trading. You need to take a break so that you can start again with more zeal and zest.
I do not see why someone will classify not quitting a good idea. If the OP or anyone feels they have tried their best and it is not just working out for them, then why not? The thing is no matter how some people learn, there are just some attributes in them that may not really be of much help in trading.

So it is either they find out those attributes and work on them or they just look for something else to do. However, for those who did not even make an attempt to learn, then it is better they find best means possible to retrace their steps rather than quitting cause of their own mistakes.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
October 10, 2017, 10:39:19 AM
So how do you feel now is a good time for trading? Or a good time has already passed. And in general, how to start trading? Where should I start?
If you really want to get into trading, I will personally suggest trying trading with small amount of the respective coin you are holding. Trading is the popular method of making money in the crypto world but for that you need a lot of practice and courage. Without these two things you are going to face failures countless times in crypto market. Trading needs a lot of home work and skills. Good luck!
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
October 10, 2017, 05:07:52 AM
I have done great economic damage these days. Trading does not make much profit anymore and is very risky. So I just want to do mining.

I think trading can still be profitable for as long as you have the skills and you know what you are doing and I think its normal to have some loses in trading even those professional traders also experience loss from time to time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 04:58:49 AM

If my suggestion is better this trading result is used as business capital just for example to set up boutique or place to eat like restaurant.so that from the business you still earn money every month from your money in tube in bank which does not mean anything in life you later.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
October 10, 2017, 04:14:39 AM
Trading can be frustrating at times.
But quitting trading doesn't mean you have to quit holding some  Wink
Hahahaha you are so fantastic. It is really a matter of fact that when you are frustrated then you may be taking some decisions that will not be in your advantage. So better is to give up at that condition, give up to emotions only. And like you said, if you finally decide that trading is not for you, what is bad to continue holding only.
Activity: 50
Merit: 10
October 10, 2017, 04:10:52 AM
I have done great economic damage these days. Trading does not make much profit anymore and is very risky. So I just want to do mining.
Of course, when too much people trying to make profit in trading. There will be more people losing to provide for winning people. So trading just becomes harder for you not for everyone. You're not fit with trading. Better quit before you lose everything mate. I would suggest you to try with PTC ( Paid to Click). It would be better or Gambling is not a bad choice too.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 03:48:41 AM
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 10, 2017, 03:41:06 AM
-snip-

Spend it. I dont know what you are into, but there are lots of things you can buy with BTC directly. If not, you can still sell the BTC and buy with your local currency.

Just in case its not obvious: Not everything at once.

it seems like you dont set goals
if you dont have planning on how to spend your money how much more how can you make  profit with your bitcoin trading

setting goals can be a good solution to us because this will be like a reminder to us how much we want from trading. but if we want to quit for a while then its no problem too. i think you can spend your money to buy something you want or you can just invest in bitcoin only and after you bought bitcoin, you don't need to take a look with the price on the market. you just buy bitcoin for a long term and you can act like a bagholder which don't sell your bitcoin if the price is still in under $7500.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 03:36:04 AM
not bad, you can spend your money to buy BTC when it will cost 1000-2000$, it will be good deal
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
October 10, 2017, 12:31:06 AM
-snip-

Spend it. I dont know what you are into, but there are lots of things you can buy with BTC directly. If not, you can still sell the BTC and buy with your local currency.

Just in case its not obvious: Not everything at once.

it seems like you dont set goals
if you dont have planning on how to spend your money how much more how can you make  profit with your bitcoin trading
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
October 09, 2017, 07:15:53 PM

If you're tired of risky ventures then there's no problem with just holding them. Keep them in cold storage, there's 2 more forks coming. Bitcoin will still rise eventually and when it's time to enjoy your investment, cash them and enjoy life. Or pass them on to your grandkids. 

I also have the feeling that when he has traded a lot and with that kind of coins, there will really a time that he will have that feeling of wanting to trade again. Well that is just my opinion because with that kind amount of money, I really think that he trades a lot and he learned a lot and there is really no way that you can just disregard it after so many trades - but I respect his decision to stop trading though.
Pages:
Jump to: