Pages:
Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 36. (Read 242498 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 100
October 09, 2017, 06:45:34 PM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

If you're tired of risky ventures then there's no problem with just holding them. Keep them in cold storage, there's 2 more forks coming. Bitcoin will still rise eventually and when it's time to enjoy your investment, cash them and enjoy life. Or pass them on to your grandkids. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
October 09, 2017, 06:10:05 PM
Well i don't if here is the right place to say this. But my first job was trading.
It all started when i finished high school, my father gave me some books, money. And show what was the stock market.
Shares, options and then index market.

As above said, it's addictive. Where on earth you can make x2 your payroll in one hour?
as well, i not quite rich yet. Seems i still a lot of study to do.
This road took me away from trading platforms not only because the lack of money, but i saw my flaws wasn't only because of the poor strategy, more introspect matter, Pacience, Consistence are major keys to achieve success in this line of work. Even my graduation course and specialization, were picked to give me tools thought would be necessary to become a better trader. After all, if i could do backtesting x100 times faster who knows how many strategies can we come up with?
Day Trading, Swing Trading, Long-Term investment. All of them requires a lot of mental, spiritual and material work to achieve your goals.

Do what your guts says but remember to watch yourself as a third person too. We all have flaws.
Wish you good luck and Healthy Days, the rest we train to achieve.

Wow! this one is a good piece of advice, thanks mate! I really like and it hit me the most when you said to watch yourself as a third person - this is really a good advice because sometimes or most of the time, new traders just trade blindly and they never learn from their previous trades and it pain me to see this because I was once a victim of this thing. Now, take this advice and you will succeed at trading, I am certain of it.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 09, 2017, 12:08:54 PM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

just invest long term and don't trade, that's the best thing you can do.
Activity: 103
🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟
October 09, 2017, 11:44:27 AM
Well you could just invest some of your bitcoins in projects that can make you even richer to the point that you can have all the free-time in the world. just buy and hold, no constant trading Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
October 09, 2017, 10:39:35 AM
The question is: can anyone stop trading?? It is so addictive... But seriously, I think that if someone has a lot of money and does not know what to do with it, instead of trading he should just HODL. Pick the best projects, screen the team members, their goals, activity on social media and just hodl for some time. From my perspective, this is the best strategy when it comes to crypto. I guess technical traders will feel more secure with Forex.
Trading is not that risky or difficult job. Moreover, there is always a chance to recover the loss. The key to become successful in trading is to have some patience under bad situations. First of all, choose the right asset for investment ike bitcoin.

Hold during the dip or much better buy more coins at cheap rates and then sell some amount when the prices are high. That is all but still people get disappointed from it.
I disagree, newbie traders most often losses and trading is a totally risky for them. That's why they need to undergo this road to experience and gain some learnings along the way they trade.

Some get dissapounted because they have no contentment and always asking for more price jump and if its dumps they are dissapointed.

Some newbies always end up loosing badly because they did not even bother to know what to do in the process of trading before jumping into having experience. There is a step for everything and you need to pick each step one at a time. I have been in the newbie position before and made a lot of mistake until I searched for knowledge and realised so many mistakes I could have averted if I actually learned just a little.
Activity: 83
October 09, 2017, 10:26:44 AM
so.. just to get this straight. You have deposited 47 BTC two years ago, and after trading for two whole years you made a loss of 7 BTC? Damn.. not very good. What did you learn anyway? If you have lost such a singificant amount, IMO, you haven't learned much while trading Smiley
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
October 09, 2017, 06:33:24 AM
It's been 2 years since this thread started, I wonder what he did to his 47 btc tho?

Yeah I'm also curious on what happened to his 47 bitcoins now, that's a lot of money now converting to the current price of bitcoin.

I hope that he is able to grow those bitcoins but I have a guess that most of that fund now was used and there are only some left. But I want a twist coming from him that he did a comeback and was able to return his losses.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
October 09, 2017, 06:19:26 AM

maybe you may start your own business in your country. Or just hold your bitcoin for appreciation of value. Or look for something else that you may earn Bitcoin aside from trading. Or donate it to the people who are in need. If you are fond of teaching other people about trading Bitcoin, might as well consider that.
Hold your bitcoin will better than try trading it when you have not knowledge and experience to trading this market. Cryptocurrency market also like Forex or Stock markets, not easy to make money at here. Keep your money in Bitcoin never make you have loss after long time Wink
I have traded both and I can even tell you that with good precaution, so far so good, crypto market though volatile is still easy to trade and make good profit. You can even hold for long with crypto as long as you know you are not holding the wrong coin, with forex, if you lose you have lost and no 2 ways about it. However like you said, if you have no idea about trading it is best not to bother at all than to try your luck.

That's right! In doing trade in the market we all know that trading was very unpredictable thing, where you need to predict precisely, or else in the end in just wrong move you could be totally wreck instantly. But, if you know to be cautious it will not be happen anyway. As long as there is a volatility happened in the market we still have a chance to experience of gaining bitcoin.
Activity: 305
Merit: 107
I'm going to eat your cookies
October 09, 2017, 06:14:42 AM
It's been 2 years since this thread started, I wonder what he did to his 47 btc tho?
Activity: 239
October 09, 2017, 05:09:24 AM
It is not that easy. Even if you read the trend you might guess 5 movements and the 6th one will go bad and take 100+% of the previous 5 ones. It is just a matter of time. Perhaps it will happen now or in 5 years. So nothing is gained on the long term...
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
October 09, 2017, 04:58:10 AM

I think you should invest it in some gambling sites that you think you could earn,
Or continue to trade in alt-coin and learn from your mistakes .
I think every trader experience it you just have to keep moving forward and take your mistakes as a lesson .
Activity: 239
October 09, 2017, 04:41:00 AM
I have a very bad experience with trading stocks.
Partially it is to blame the portal of my bank where I was allowed only to buy long and not to short and partially my fault since it was becoming a personal dependency problem.
I lost money but overall lost triple in terms of time invested to read all the news, schematics etc etc.
Now I tried shorting btc 3 times. Once at 3400 euro. Lost. Second at 3600. Lost again. Now I have put an order to short from 4000 euro if it reaches again that mark.
Knowing my luck it will go bad again...
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
October 09, 2017, 04:32:22 AM
The question is: can anyone stop trading?? It is so addictive... But seriously, I think that if someone has a lot of money and does not know what to do with it, instead of trading he should just HODL. Pick the best projects, screen the team members, their goals, activity on social media and just hodl for some time. From my perspective, this is the best strategy when it comes to crypto. I guess technical traders will feel more secure with Forex.
Trading is not that risky or difficult job. Moreover, there is always a chance to recover the loss. The key to become successful in trading is to have some patience under bad situations. First of all, choose the right asset for investment ike bitcoin.

Hold during the dip or much better buy more coins at cheap rates and then sell some amount when the prices are high. That is all but still people get disappointed from it.
I disagree, newbie traders most often losses and trading is a totally risky for them. That's why they need to undergo this road to experience and gain some learnings along the way they trade.

Some get dissapounted because they have no contentment and always asking for more price jump and if its dumps they are dissapointed.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
October 09, 2017, 04:03:27 AM

Activity: 448
October 07, 2017, 10:44:39 PM
That's very unfortunate. I think my advantage is I'm starting with small trades unlike op that he is going all the way so the bigger btc you use for buying is the higher the risk. Everyone should start with small amount so you won't get frustrated.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
October 07, 2017, 09:13:42 PM
Trading can be frustrating at times.
But quitting trading doesn't mean you have to quit holding some  Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 07, 2017, 07:54:39 PM

maybe you may start your own business in your country. Or just hold your bitcoin for appreciation of value. Or look for something else that you may earn Bitcoin aside from trading. Or donate it to the people who are in need. If you are fond of teaching other people about trading Bitcoin, might as well consider that.
Hold your bitcoin will better than try trading it when you have not knowledge and experience to trading this market. Cryptocurrency market also like Forex or Stock markets, not easy to make money at here. Keep your money in Bitcoin never make you have loss after long time Wink
I have traded both and I can even tell you that with good precaution, so far so good, crypto market though volatile is still easy to trade and make good profit. You can even hold for long with crypto as long as you know you are not holding the wrong coin, with forex, if you lose you have lost and no 2 ways about it. However like you said, if you have no idea about trading it is best not to bother at all than to try your luck.
Quitting the trade in case you are not doing well in the world of trading is actually not a bad option. Trading is no doubt a very good option but it is better not to trade at the time when you are getting in loss. In fact, it is much better for you to take a good rest and get back to the work when you think you can do well in trading now.
Activity: 468
Experience the Future of DeFi
October 07, 2017, 09:45:14 AM
Well, if you're out of trading because they do not have time for it, maybe it was the right reason. but, if you're out for losing, I guess it's not an excuse. Well, we've all lost trading, but, if you want to improve yourself professionally in trading, then you need to keep trying, no matter how many times you lose.

Right. We all lose big time, but doesn't mean you have to stop. Or else you have something in your mind that you may do to earn income. Trading is very risky, before you enter in trading you have to know that. Trading is very risky. If your only reason is that you loss a large amount, that is not right. It means you have to study what you have done wrong in order not to repeat your mistake.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
October 07, 2017, 09:39:09 AM
This is not a good idea, giving up means you lose. there is still plenty of time to learn.
you must have a teacher or mentor to let you understand the safe trading style.  Cool
You need to be very much brave and you need to be having a big heart if you are into this world of trading. It is not a bad decision actually if you are planning for quitting the trade. In fact, I will support you in this aspect especially when you are not doing much well with the trading. You need to take a break so that you can start again with more zeal and zest.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 06, 2017, 07:51:12 PM
So how do you feel now is a good time for trading? Or a good time has already passed.

It's now a good time for trading, don't take time to quit because it's just the start for those late comers. Good time will never end.

And in general, how to start trading?
Just know on how much you are willing to invest and know the coins you want to hold.

Where should I start?

Look first for a trading site here are your choices https://www.bestbitcoinexchange.io/
Pages:
Jump to: