Pages:
Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 58. (Read 242500 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
June 20, 2017, 11:13:15 PM
I almost stop trading when i lost 70% of my investment. But that's how it works. Lost focus and your done.
It is not bad when we lost sometimes. Being a trader , we need to accept the fact that we may lost our money sometimes because we may be wrong sometimes investing we need to learn from it, we need to correct that thing and in that we will be good trader and we can avoid losing again sometimes.
Trading is a mental strength. If you give up, then you lose forever.
I've lost all the capital, very bad. I stopped for 3 months and started again.
Keep learning from mistakes.
 Wink
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
June 20, 2017, 10:38:20 PM
I almost stop trading when i lost 70% of my investment. But that's how it works. Lost focus and your done.
It is not bad when we lost sometimes. Being a trader , we need to accept the fact that we may lost our money sometimes because we may be wrong sometimes investing we need to learn from it, we need to correct that thing and in that we will be good trader and we can avoid losing again sometimes.
Correct and quitting is not a solution for that, we need to recover our lost by continuing to trade and we catch all the learning we been through on the past, if we do some wrong trading just move on and be wise on the next time you trade. I think as trader its normal to lost some money because of the wrong decision.
Quitting is the final step and you quit if you cannot do good with trading and you keep losing, meaning you surrender and will never do it again.
The technique to be successful in trading is by learning from your mistakes but if you are not learning then the last option should be done.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
June 20, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
Correct and quitting is not a solution for that, we need to recover our lost by continuing to trade and we catch all the learning we been through on the past, if we do some wrong trading just move on and be wise on the next time you trade. I think as trader its normal to lost some money because of the wrong decision.
Op already find what its best for him I guess that's why he quit trading he's more confident and comfortable in what he's doing right now yeah you are both correct in terms of logic and mindset inside this trading business things happen and what we should do is just think positively that everything will be corrected accordingly,.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
June 20, 2017, 09:58:12 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
June 20, 2017, 09:37:14 PM
Activity: 658
June 20, 2017, 09:18:28 PM
True traders never quit,in terms of doing trade in the market platform. But if you are winning in trading of course
its up to you if you quit or not. Meaning, quitting on trade is depend on your situation.
Then if you are winning why would you quit ? No trader will quit if he is winning and the only thing that someone quits trading because of lack of availabiluty to handle his trades or more times he loses than winning.I will say trading isn't meant for all traders orpeople who want  to trade because not all people have a capacity to have an effective trading which makes money more than losing.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
June 20, 2017, 09:14:17 PM
I think trading is a routine day-to-day business activity and for me currently trading is a good source of income. I seem to be stopping altcoin trading if it already has abundant wealth and no more trading activity on flatform.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
June 20, 2017, 07:53:58 PM
True traders never quit,in terms of doing trade in the market platform. But if you are winning in trading of course
its up to you if you quit or not. Meaning, quitting on trade is depend on your situation.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
June 20, 2017, 05:18:53 PM
Trading is always risky. And trading in highly volatile currencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum is akin to gambling. I am glad that you quit trading, and you still have a lot of coins in your wallets. Please hold them, and cash out when BTC reaches $10,000 or $25,000 per coin.

If he really can't take trading and he keeps on losing, prevention is better than cure.

Avoidance of the possibility that he can lose more will be more effective rather than pushing himself to keep on trading.

There's a lot of opportunities to bitcoin and trading isn't the only thing.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
June 20, 2017, 04:50:09 PM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.
Trading generally is not main for everybody , for some people are good in trading while others are not good in trading. So, since you have discovered that is not something that you are good at based on your experience for two years now.  Please you need to quite in other time avoid loosing more of your money. And I will advise you hold your bitcoin pending when the market value increase then you sell to make some profit .
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 20, 2017, 02:56:53 PM
Trading is always risky. And trading in highly volatile currencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum is akin to gambling. I am glad that you quit trading, and you still have a lot of coins in your wallets. Please hold them, and cash out when BTC reaches $10,000 or $25,000 per coin.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
June 20, 2017, 02:35:15 PM
probably solid trader , even if not profit you still gain much experience after this , meanwhile im about to get started but i dont know what firsdt thing to do and which coin that will be traded , hope i will have much experience like you , so many traders out there who reach their personal profit
Being a trader is hard , and taking a risk is harder too. When you get down and when you get lose your money on the wrong coin just wait maybe someday the wrong coin will have value someday so just hold it. When we get lose we need to rise again it is only a challenge that make as trader be wise in the second chance that we will have.

You're right dude. Don't give up easily on a coin that you've invested on and never sell unless you've broken even or made profits. If a coin that you bought suddenly lost steam and dropped in price, there's a big chance that there will be a rebound pump there so just keep cool. Don't make your frustrations affect your trading
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
June 20, 2017, 10:49:11 AM
Why quit trading? It is one of the best and legit way to earn more Bitcoin and lately, it becomes very profitable because lots of altcoins become alive in the market. All you need in trading is invest your capital to buy coins and invest in yourself. Study hard and make some research about trading. There are risk but it is lesser compared to other investments. You can really earn a lot from trading. I suggest trade for long term investments.

I can understand your advise but to be honest, trading is not everyone's cup of tea. Yes, there are multiple ways to improve trading skills and explore the opportunities in the trading but since OP has lost his capital, he might not be in a condition to continue it. I don't go with gambling because I have realized that it is not my cup of tea so I try to spend time in learning some other stuff which gives me good returns.
I Agree , and sometimes we cant even handle to trade and thats the reason why the OP lose his trades .I prefer your words because trading isn't always a good investment if you can't do or follow it up so the things that you may do is in the time that you can manage like you said the other stuff that gives you a good returns which you won't be rush and fits to your actual time.
- Right, trading is not a suitable job for everyone, it will be a risky investment if we do not have the skills and experience about it, trading will always remove players with no skills and experience. Trading may be the best way to earn bitcoin, we can earn a lot from it but we should know it is like gambling, if we win, surely someone else will lose. It is a battlefield and not everyone can survive on the battlefield, and I feel that trading is a job with a lot of pressure, makes us easily heart attack, quitting it and finding a decent job is a good solution for many people
Activity: 924
June 20, 2017, 10:48:05 AM
probably solid trader , even if not profit you still gain much experience after this , meanwhile im about to get started but i dont know what firsdt thing to do and which coin that will be traded , hope i will have much experience like you , so many traders out there who reach their personal profit
Being a trader is hard , and taking a risk is harder too. When you get down and when you get lose your money on the wrong coin just wait maybe someday the wrong coin will have value someday so just hold it. When we get lose we need to rise again it is only a challenge that make as trader be wise in the second chance that we will have.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitrated user: Olysikes1. Authenticate
June 20, 2017, 07:55:21 AM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 20, 2017, 07:52:55 AM

Yeah but don't let a loss dampen your spirits dude. Everyone loses big every mow and then. Trading isn't like gambling where chasing your losses can make you lose everything. Trading allows you to bounce back more securely so if you lose, let it be. Take a day off and then staft again. Don't let your past losses determine your decisions the nezt time you trade
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
June 13, 2017, 06:32:23 AM
If you do not like trading and your money is secured money (you dont really need it),
you can consider this one:

invest your money in cryptocurrency,.... buy something and let it sleep there waiting the long term rising (3-5 years).

It's still considered as trading but you will just do it on a long term basis. But I know this is a better way of trading because you don't have to think about everyday trade and you don't have to monitor it. Just set on how long you are going to wait before you are going to sell it.

Yes long term is better especially for those who have a day job and don't have enough time to check or monitor the market. Day trading takes a lot of time and hard work and lets all admit that not everyone here is good in technical and fundamental analysis so it is better to do long term trade just make sure you invested in the right coin.

Just like me I do have my day job and I quite day trading and I just chose to hold bitcoin for a long term. Since my focus is not on daily trading, that's a good thing for holding it with a long time. So for those frustrated traders that wants to quit trading already, I would say that think again before quitting.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
June 12, 2017, 09:26:32 PM
Activity: 854
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
June 12, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
Why quit trading? It is one of the best and legit way to earn more Bitcoin and lately, it becomes very profitable because lots of altcoins become alive in the market. All you need in trading is invest your capital to buy coins and invest in yourself. Study hard and make some research about trading. There are risk but it is lesser compared to other investments. You can really earn a lot from trading. I suggest trade for long term investments.

I can understand your advise but to be honest, trading is not everyone's cup of tea. Yes, there are multiple ways to improve trading skills and explore the opportunities in the trading but since OP has lost his capital, he might not be in a condition to continue it. I don't go with gambling because I have realized that it is not my cup of tea so I try to spend time in learning some other stuff which gives me good returns.
I Agree , and sometimes we cant even handle to trade and thats the reason why the OP lose his trades .I prefer your words because trading isn't always a good investment if you can't do or follow it up so the things that you may do is in the time that you can manage like you said the other stuff that gives you a good returns which you won't be rush and fits to your actual time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
June 12, 2017, 08:53:55 PM
Deposit fees
Trading fees
Slippage
Spread

•••

It's unregulated so there is always someone with insider information - knowing about announcements a few hours before...

It's a bit of a "greater fools theory" - if you know charts and are OK with managing emotional spikes and have time to monitor trades and invest in tools and education = "easy" win Smiley

Nice one. There is also a great way to earn better but it is more of riskier though - buy ICO of startup altcoins and when it is riped, you will sell them at a higher price of bitcoins. But if you just go with trading, you can still earn even without the insider knowledge - heck, you can even capitalize on this and buy in advance because there will be some shark coming in from time to time.
Pages:
Jump to: