Pages:
Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 76. (Read 242500 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
January 22, 2017, 11:59:19 AM
what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money.

i don't think that is always true.  take you and me as an example.

1. Early 2016 I join the exchange and buy 1 BTC at $250

2. You buy 1 BTC in the November time range at $600, the price is important, may have been more like October

3. Now comes the 1000/900/800/900 week we just saw.

4. I can sell at any of those numbers and make a huge profit, no one got hurt. You can sell at any of them and you profit, no one gets hurt.

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point.
yes but i think if you can manage and can wait a little more you will see the price again trading at that level. because people have now again started inerest in bitcoin therefore it the investors increased the demand will also and the chance is that the price of bitcoin will also increase and this time we can expect that the price will cross all time high level.
You the point but honestly it is not always good to choose sell all always just sell the partial and sell the rest if the price could be still increase more so that you can make more profit everytime the price is increased. It is always depends in you strategy how you  can manage your ways and methods to make more profit..
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
January 22, 2017, 10:50:23 AM
what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money.

i don't think that is always true.  take you and me as an example.

2. You buy 1 BTC in the November time range at $600, the price is important, may have been more like October

4. I can sell at any of those numbers and make a huge profit, no one got hurt. You can sell at any of them and you profit, no one gets hurt.

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point.
yes but i think if you can manage and can wait a little more you will see the price again trading at that level. because people have now again started inerest in bitcoin therefore it the investors increased the demand will also and the chance is that the price of bitcoin will also increase and this time we can expect that the price will cross all time high level.
Activity: 812
January 21, 2017, 11:09:20 AM
If trading is not your passion better you quit trading. I couldn't agree more with your decision. For now i think you can use your remains bitcoin to other business. I prefer you to invest your bitcoin to legitimate site that bitcoin related, mining and multi pool is also very good ways .

It is right, we couldn't courage or discourage to anyone, who have decided to left trading. But i realize, if we have patience than trading give us profit, if we do hurry than make money from trading, many time it is not suit for us and in the end we think may be it is better to quit it. Also i suggest him, should take turn, many other ways are here to invest the bitcoin.
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
January 21, 2017, 04:00:29 AM

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point.
yes, I think it is easy to understand explanations. You just need to be smart in making decisions. you buy at a low price and sell them at high prices. only people who are always in a hurry to lose in this case. you may be able to stop, but other people who always feel the benefit, will not stop at this time.

honestly, over the extreme long term i believe that bitcoin is going to steadily gain value.  you can play around and win or lose trading in the moment, but if you can hold a balance somewhere of BTC for another ten years, you just might be a very happy investor
yes no doubt that long term investment is a good way of making money, but i think it required a lot of patient and well power and specially if you are going for invest your money for 10 years. the second is that most of the people have limited amount of bitcoins and that is their all assets, so they  like to invest their assets for short term so as to get instant income and use it for fulfilling their needs, i think long  term investment is good for those people who have some extra bitcoin, they he do not feel the need in next 10 years.

yeah, we create alt coin hedge mutual funds for some of our clients.  the structure and balance of the coins in the funds is very like a stock market hedge fund.  for a stock market hedge foundation i would very safe using stocks like walmart and microsoft as long-term steady yield stocks. bitcoin is definitely like those stocks, almost guaranteed to be worth more ten years out. 

if that is half your investment funds, the other half could against be split between a selection of brand new alt coins and the other half middle of the road coins like litecoin and eth
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
January 21, 2017, 03:54:28 AM

yes, I think it is easy to understand explanations. You just need to be smart in making decisions. you buy at a low price and sell them at high prices. only people who are always in a hurry to lose in this case. you may be able to stop, but other people who always feel the benefit, will not stop at this time.

honestly, over the extreme long term i believe that bitcoin is going to steadily gain value.  you can play around and win or lose trading in the moment, but if you can hold a balance somewhere of BTC for another ten years, you just might be a very happy investor
yes no doubt that long term investment is a good way of making money, but i think it required a lot of patient and well power and specially if you are going for invest your money for 10 years. the second is that most of the people have limited amount of bitcoins and that is their all assets, so they  like to invest their assets for short term so as to get instant income and use it for fulfilling their needs, i think long  term investment is good for those people who have some extra bitcoin, they he do not feel the need in next 10 years.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
January 20, 2017, 02:26:48 PM

It is still depends in your own strategy how you can make a good profit even you are not waiting for 10 years you can earn a good amount in early stage.. if you know the margin the movement of the price is increasing and decrease with small margin $10-$25 is a good start of margin to make profit.. and don't sell all just set percentage of total of your bitcoin to sell and the rest sell it if the price will continue to increase that is one of the good strategy if the price goes low you can buy bitcoins again and save your profit..
January 20, 2017, 02:20:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 20, 2017, 02:18:24 PM

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point

Your post just screams in agony (emphasis added)

Did you ever think about whom both of you are going to sell, who the profit you are talking about comes from? Do you understand that you profit from the buyer who will be left holding the proverbial bag when the price goes down below his entry point? Bitcoin trading is essentially a zero sum game, so there will always be someone who loses money at the end of the day. It is the same with any purely financial asset out there which has no direct use, i.e. which you can only buy or sell but can't consume
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
January 20, 2017, 02:07:41 PM

January 20, 2017, 12:02:46 PM

Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
January 20, 2017, 11:54:39 AM
I'd just keep the BTC though..
Price is still going up!

yes just trust your self on trading and thanks to you for updating me that price pumping right now. Trading is a matter of fact that you controlled your own money by your prediction or instinct that how you will keep flow of money that you holding on your hand that can make a cause of positive and negative result, like this bitcoin just buy low and sell it high when the days come.
to quit trading is not the right solution, i think if you want to become a good trader you need to have strong decision power and only then you can make a good profit in trading. therefor you need to change your strategy and not to quit gambling.
The op dedicated 2 full years to trading and he did not make any profit out of it he could have been better just holding his coins, so there are times where the right thing to do is to give up and move on.

I totally agree with you at times the best thing to do is to quit, trading requires a high level of discipline to succeed in it on the long run, and what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money. I tried trading myself and I realise it is not meant for me and I decided to drop it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
January 20, 2017, 11:43:08 AM
If trading is not your passion better you quit trading. I couldn't agree more with your decision. For now i think you can use your remains bitcoin to other business. I prefer you to invest your bitcoin to legitimate site that bitcoin related, mining and multi pool is also very good ways .
But I think if a person is not that much better in trading then he will not be able to start a business or any other work which will be more tricky in than trade. As according to my views if a person spend that much time in trade then he do not leave but earn a good income.
Activity: 532
January 20, 2017, 11:21:03 AM
yes investing bitcoin in such places where you have no experience and interest is really too much risky. i think one should invest their money in such place where you have some experience and interest. as i am interested in trading and therefore i have got good experience in trading and i am also making good money in trading.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 20, 2017, 02:47:51 AM
Do you think mining will be ore profitable than trading ? Instead of trying new businesses, why not take time to sharpen trading skills to start trading again ?

I agree trading is highly sensitive business for your skill set, at the same time if we expertise those skills then trading will be highly profitable business in short term dedicating hard work itself. I quit trading 2 years back , but now I am depending on it as a main source of income.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
January 19, 2017, 09:52:29 PM
Price is still going up!

yes just trust your self on trading and thanks to you for updating me that price pumping right now. Trading is a matter of fact that you controlled your own money by your prediction or instinct that how you will keep flow of money that you holding on your hand that can make a cause of positive and negative result, like this bitcoin just buy low and sell it high when the days come.
to quit trading is not the right solution, i think if you want to become a good trader you need to have strong decision power and only then you can make a good profit in trading. therefor you need to change your strategy and not to quit gambling.
The op dedicated 2 full years to trading and he did not make any profit out of it he could have been better just holding his coins, so there are times where the right thing to do is to give up and move on.
What exactly he is doing is he is day trading and that needs great skills to succeed but his skills is not enough to give him profit so he gave up. You are right, it's better to hold bitcoins if you are not good in day trading, for sure the price will increase as what we are all speculating.
Activity: 672
January 19, 2017, 09:49:03 PM
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
January 19, 2017, 09:03:32 PM
Price is still going up!

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
January 19, 2017, 07:18:49 PM
Price is still going up!

Why those people said I'm quit trading and trading said its very risky because those people have no plan and no research. If you want to be successful trader you need to follow all ideas like making a research to get a lot of information and follow the strategies but don't depends everytimr in strategies. I think playing gambling is not help to grow your bitcoin I think investing in gambling is good because it gives an interest .  but remember don't play it.. If I have 40btc I create a lending section and I follow the succesful lender.
Activity: 672
January 19, 2017, 10:26:41 AM
At the same time, I believe they must be needing some break to re-evaluate about their skill on trading. Because that will be helping them to sharpen their skills for a better trading.
Yes, we need to respect the decisions of some dejected traders like they are taking break from their continuous trading life. But quitting trading should not be permanent. They must find some time to enhance their trading skills and hopefully will come back into trading just to recover what they would have lost earlier.

It is just like quitting in gambling, he say that he will quit for awhile but afterwards he is going to gamble again. And that's the same thing with traders, they are going to quit for awhile and do trading again upon seeing that the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher. Taking a break in trading is good but quitting trading totally is not going to be a good idea.
no i think quiting trading is not so easy. because to quit gambling you just not put your money in gambling any more but when we speak about quiting in trading you have to quit your whole system. you have to withdraw your whole money that is circulating in the market.
I disagree. Giving up gambling is much more difficult, but for reasons other than those you mentioned. The reason I think giving up gambling is more difficult is that it is usually easier for a person to get addicted to gambling. So far, I do not know anyone who got addicted to trading.
You are right in trade there is no any games involve but it involve only a work so a person do not addict to trade but in gambling a person get much fun and he cannot withdraw from gambling. In gambling the chase of money and the fun of games make the person sick to these games and he become addicted.
Activity: 1022
January 19, 2017, 03:59:06 AM
-snip-
Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

Spend it. I dont know what you are into, but there are lots of things you can buy with BTC directly. If not, you can still sell the BTC and buy with your local currency.

Just in case its not obvious: Not everything at once.

If you are asking what your gonna do, you have several options where you put it. You can go to exchange who directly accepting debit card or credit card for you to buy bitcoinBTCBTC. Or in some other things once you have BTC you invest altcoins in any exchange platform then do the trade.
Pages:
Jump to: