Pages:
Author

Topic: [I0C] I0coin - The Best Choice In Digital Currency - page 62. (Read 81913 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Great post tinderbox.  I think we should use this as our main conversation post.  It has the best overall information about i0coin. 
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Wow!  I0coin has a very impressive hash rate.  I need to look at this one.

Is it true??

I haven't know the IOC

Yes, it's true.  As the description says above "Its network hash rate ranks consistently in the top 1% compared to ALL other crypto-currencies."  Just look at its hash rate on vircurex.com, which is 6,500 Tera Hash today, and find ANY other crypto with a higher one and a block time under 10 minutes.  You can't find one!!!

We've had some 51% attacks on cryptos, but nothing really sustained across many coins.  It's just a matter of time.  When it does people will realize how important high hash rates are.
Activity: 104
Merit: 60

Is it true??

I haven't know the IOC

Yes, it's true.  As the description says above "Its network hash rate ranks consistently in the top 1% compared to ALL other crypto-currencies."  Just look at its hash rate on vircurex.com, which is 6,500 Tera Hash today, and find ANY other crypto with a higher one and a block time under 10 minutes.  You can't find one!!!
Activity: 41

Is it true??

I haven't know the IOC
Activity: 8
Great post tinderbox.  i0coin is one of my favorites.
Where to buy i0coin?

You can buy i0coin at any of the exchanges listed on the first post above.

Activity: 1
Where to buy i0coin?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
more info!

They are some of the eight merged mined coins that are all mined at once using the same hashing power and thus are all able to have high hashing power without detracting from each others' hashing power.

The eight coins are BiTCoin, NaMeCoin, GRouPcoin, DeVCoin, I0Coin, IXCoin, CoiLedCoin and GestGeld (XGG).

One or two other coins recently apparently inted to enable such merged mining but evidently did not do it right, for example that game-in-a-blockchain whatever it was called claimed it could be merged mined but tests failed to find any blocks of it when merging it. So as far as I know there are so far only these eight coins that actually work.

Of them, all except CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld are already mined by at least one fairly well known public pool so already have somehwat high hashrates and a bunch of miners who are raking them in and possibly, not realising their value, dumping them; of those only GRouPcoin is not as far as I know on any well known exchange thus is probably hard to dump for most who are mining it.

Only two, CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld, remain "under the radar", nice low difficulty thus still easy to mine, and of course at any moment they could get picked up by one or more large merged mining pools so how long they will stay nice and esy to mine is unknown. Even when they do get picked up by pols though they might still remain somewhat low profile like GRouPcoin currently is, until they get listed on some well known exchange.

Despite I0Coin and IXCoin already being on known public pools and already on exchanges though they both are still rather nice prospects because they are so insanely low in price. I0Coin for example people were buying to 3500 satishis not so long ago but now it has been weeks since any of my sell offers at 3500 satishis and up have been touched, and similarly all my IXCoin sell offers have not been touched for weeks. Yet all those offers anre only of coins I picked up cheaper on the same exchange, I would not sell any of my real hoards so cheap, I am offering at such cheap prices only to provide liquidity, offering for sale coins I picked up at even more insanely cheap prices as the gap between buy side and sell side tends to be vast.

-MarkM-
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
more info!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
It seems pretty much the best potential profit percentage-wise of any coin currently, being somewhat akin to IXCoin but without the looming cold turkey loss of block rewards that IXCoin is facing. Maybe less of a team pushing it than IXCoin though so if the cold turkey loss of block rewards does not harm IXCoin maybe IXCoin will do even better than I0Coin.

Both seem extremely good prospects. Though of course there is also GRouPcoin too, which does not even seem to be on an exchange yet so might jump a lot in value when it does go on an exchange, or maybe go down if people aren't managing to get rid of unwanted GRouPcoins in private sales.

-MarkM-
Activity: 2

Current bounties:

none

I0coin (I0C)
The Best Choice In Digital Currency

izerocoin.org

Forum | Wiki | Github | Reddit

MeMiCA

Cryptoguru Faucet

Wallet download
0.12.0 Windows executables
0.12.0 Windows executables signature
0.12.0 Source

Specifications
Launched: August 15, 2011
Algorithm: SHA-256
Max Coins: 21 million
Block Time: 90 seconds (1.5 mins)
Retarget: 120 blocks (3 hours)
Reward: see latest "Generation" tx
Difficulty Chart: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/i0c/#@diff
Premined: Zero Premine
Transaction Confirmations: 6
Merge Mined with Bitcoin

--- Buy I0coin Here ---

Exchanges
Cryptopia
Nova Exchange
C-Cex

--------------------------

Pools
Bitparking
P2Pool ( Website | Guide )

Block Explorers
cryptoID

I "zero" coin.  Zero premine.  Zero inflation by 2018.  Zero gimmicks.  I0coin doesn't play games with your money.

I0coin is merge mined with Bitcoin to produce a massive network hash rate and an energy efficient mining environment.  Very little extra energy is required to generate I0coins and secure its block chain.  I0coin's huge hash rate means it is the most secure crypto-currency with a block time under 10 minutes.  Its network hash rate ranks consistently in the top 5% compared to ALL other crypto-currencies.  Besides being very secure, I0coin has a very low rate of inflation because it's mostly mined already.  This guarantees the price will not be devalued due to new coins being circulated, as is the case with many other crypto-currencies.  In fact, many of the most popular cryptos don't even have a maximum coin cap.  They will be produced forever, and their price will suffer just like fiat currencies have for decades.

I0coin is almost an exact clone of Bitcoin with just a few changes.  The primary difference is a much faster block time, 1.5 minutes, compared to Bitcoin's 10 minutes.  Thus, I0coin will reach its 21 million maximum coin total much faster.  I0coin will generate 99% of its coins by March 2015, compared to 2032 for Bitcoin.

I0coin doesn't use risky gimmicks or add useless features which only make it harder to maintain a reliable network.   The goal of the I0coin development team is to stay up to date with Bitcoin releases to ensure I0coin is a very stable, low risk digital currency.  I0coin changes benefit from being tested and proven on Bitcoin first.

I0coin makes an excellent choice when the high security of Bitcoin is desired, but faster block times are needed.  It's perfect for vendors because transactions are confirmed fast.  It also enables I0coin to have higher transaction throughput.  Bitcoin devs have been expressing concern over their transaction volume hitting a ceiling soon.  I0coin has a much higher ceiling because it processes its transactions every 1.5 minutes instead of every 10 minutes.

Fast block times make for a great platform for financial extensions like Colored Coins, Counterparty, and Mastercoin.  I0coin's lower price means it can support smart contracts and smart assets for a much lower cost than Bitcoin.

Pages:
Jump to: