Pages:
Author

Topic: ICBIT Derivatives Market (USD/BTC futures trading) - LIVE - page 37. (Read 97654 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Oh man, someone gone sob oneself to sleep    Roll Eyes
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
maybe needs to say that within a 5 minutes window of close, closing can occur, and create a random time of closing everyday, but within that 5 minute window, ie 7:55 to 8:00 closing can occur.

I like the suggestion really, it introduces some useful randomness without hurting integrity of financial operations.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
dump them and drive up that price, heheheh

sorry you do what needs to be done.
woah, icbit logs arn't persistent?
my settlement numbers just changed today
earlier, the close was marked at 10.11897
now that entry is gone
replaced by an entry dated 1.5 hours later, close market at 10.8088

No way. It can't happen. You mixed up something. By the nature of the system, everything is logged, settlement prices are written in a database, in incremental order, so they can't be "just altered".
Basically that seems to have been happengin right now

All the blocking Asks are gone and we're jumping up to 11

We had to liquidate some percent of clients short positions because of the high risk.
look at the wall
Activity: 446
woah, icbit logs arn't persistent?
my settlement numbers just changed today
earlier, the close was marked at 10.11897
now that entry is gone
replaced by an entry dated 1.5 hours later, close market at 10.8088
Activity: 602
Cause if we can stop him once and force a close on him, he will be out!!!. Closing his position is just gonna make his losses even worse because they hit open market and take out the sell side,and price goes up. Am I thinking correct?

Basically that seems to have been happengin right now

All the blocking Asks are gone and we're jumping up to 11
maybe needs to say that within a 5 minutes window of close, closing can occur, and create a random time of closing everyday, but within that 5 minute window, ie 7:55 to 8:00 closing can occur.
that way nobody knows when exactly it is gonna close, so if we get these sellers coming in to help the var nic, the buyers might have a change to stand back up and take a swing at that bear. Cause if we can stop him once and force a close on him, he will be out!!!. Closing his position is just gonna make his losses even worse because they hit open market and take out the sell side,and price goes up. Am I thinking correct?
Activity: 198
for your interest, the agent has left stage
Fireball, what about some comments about that situation from you?

...probably he's still busy with maintenance

Btw, still awaiting the closure, we're not out of the woods yet

Oh hay, me can haz variaton magrin?
is this a nervous bear?Huh or straight up manipulation? can you give a little insight as to what happened, no names or anything, just the facts.
Just one comment: This is extremely dangerous play.
"Flash crash" is not possible, because short spikes won't produce a mass position liquidation in our system, especially if it goes *against* spot market. However, don't forget: if you're in "margin call zone", liquidation of your open positions may happen at every moment. Either fill up your account as soon as you can, or face consequences.
Activity: 131
Somebody really ought to buy those ridiculously cheap BUZ2s.  But perhaps noone has any margin left...

probably no one can do that alone at the moment, and this is what the maniulator(s) are speculating on.

well... together we're stronger than the bear....
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
Would that mean that, when placing a bid/ask, you would also indicate the provided margin, so the counter party could make an educated decision if (s)he wants to enter into such a contract?

Yes. Orders with compatible margin requirements will be matched.

Although I guess it would be more convenient to have few standard contracts. E.g. daytraders can work with 5% margin requirements (equivalent to 20x leverage), while long-term investors might use 25% (4x leverage).

As for ease of use, I thought of having two front-ends:

1) a simple one which would simply offer users to make bets, e.g. "I bet that bitcoin will trade above 10.5 tomorrow"

2) and a more elaborate one which would expose details about forwards/options

"Simple-minded" users don't even need to see the order-book: they would either use suggested parameters thus buying/selling at market, or they'll place an order which might later be filled by a "sophisticated" user doing arbitrage.
Activity: 547
Decor in numeris
Somebody just did.  Smiley
Activity: 198
could really be a bear with thousands of btc short now strugglin' for life

on the other hand it could be an extraordinary pain resistant person

Somebody really ought to buy those ridiculously cheap BUZ2s.  But perhaps noone has any margin left...

probably no one can do that alone at the moment, and this is what the maniulator(s) are speculating on.
Activity: 547
Decor in numeris
Somebody really ought to buy those ridiculously cheap BUZ2s.  But perhaps noone has any margin left due to the large unrealized loss due to the low BUZ2 price, so noone can buy them raising the price freeing the BTC to buy BUZ2.  Huh

Catch 22.  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: