Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO Projects and Crypto Platforms News and Info. Make Profitable Trades. - page 5. (Read 16504 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Why haven't you listed Synereo AMPs yet?

I haven't looked into it because the volume of AMP is kinda low and inconsistent.  I'm also not aware that they have a running platform unless I missed something.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
Why haven't you listed Synereo AMPs yet?
legendary
A Week in Review.

DigixDAO:  Progress update 2/8/16, Partnership with SilverBullion secured and Other News
Source

Ethereum:  Alex van de Sande on the White Hat attack - "I've had no Involvement since the first."
Source

Factom:  It’s time to move your factoids off an exchange
Source

Lisk:  Lisk Community Technical Meeting — August 13th, 2016
Source

Maidsafe:  MaidSafe Dev Update
Source

Stellar:  Stellar.org evangelises platform to Financial Institutions in Nigeria
Source

Waves:  URGENT: withdrawals from Waves ICO site will soon be disabled
Source

Way to go with the Factom call! Of course, I'm saying this as someone who loaded up on it earlier. Wink

Thanks!  I hope some more of you got in!  Enjoy the trade.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Way to go with the Factom call! Of course, I'm saying this as someone who loaded up on it earlier. Wink
legendary
Some good news for you guys and I hope it stays that way...  You know how the markets are, especially in cryptos.  I was kinda thinking twice if I post these charts and show you what's going on with them because I might jinx it.  But what the hell.  Smiley

MAID and FCT are now slowly trending.  What's good about them is they're slow trends.  The kind that you don't panic getting into.  So it's good placing a limit order below the current price without fear of getting left behind.

MAID/BTC

FCT/BTC

Now another crypto showing a little spunk is XRP.  This has been trading on decent volume and there are some traders who seem to be in a hurry getting into this taking them to bad entries.  But I've been watching this as you guys have seen in my posts prior.  

XRP/BTC

I also am thinking of taking Digibyte off the list.  There's not enough updates on the project and they seem to be hanging by a very thin thread.  
legendary
Ethereum Splitter from ShapeShift

https://split.shapeshift.io

Split your ETH safely with this tool and avoid losing funds in the process.  Instructions can be found at the site.
legendary
It could be XRP's turn to rise and shine under the sun.  I think it has reached its current bottom and there's no way but up.

XRP/BTC

Triple bottom found in XRP/USD at .0052 - .0053 USD.  Seems like a solid hold and support and it bounces up from that range.

XRP/USD

What do you guys think?
legendary
A Week in Review

DigixDAO:  We do not recognise DGD classic. DGD will stay on the proFork chain.
Source

Ethereum Classic:  Charles Hoskinson is back to contribute in Ethereum...  Classic.  

Ethereum:  Onward from the Hard Fork
Source

Factom:  SmartContract + Factom Announce Collaboration
Source

Lisk:  Lisk Community Meeting Summary — July 30th
Source

NXT:  Nxt 10.0.0e released! This is an experimental release introducing the new light client and roaming client features!
Source

Waves:  Development Update
Source

I also removed the DAO from the list.

legendary
There was another attack on Ethereum recently?  Which chain the classic one or the fork?  I thought the fork one was already fixed from any more attacks.

New Attack Against The DAO Reveals Sloppy Coding By Slock.It
Source

Not too long ago, it appeared somebody has been draining funds from the DAO again. This is the third time such an attack took place in less than two months. More worryingly, it appears very similar attacks have been used in all three instances. Luckily, this final attack seems to be “white hat hacker probing”. Then again, they did reveal some very worrying parts about The DAO’s code, which may spell doom for the project altogether.

The DAO Has Some Very Bizarre Coding

It is safe to say the Ethereum community received a nasty surprise when The DAO was under attack for the third time. An unknown entity was withdrawing funds from the project’s account, even though the balance should have been zero after the hard fork. For some reason, there was close to 38,000 Ethereum in the balance, and funds were being transferred to a different account through a recursive bug.

As it turns out, one of the “white hat hackers” probing The DAO’s contract code was responsible for moving this funds out. But that was not the worrisome part, as further research unveiled sloppy coding that should not be there in the first place. Sometimes, it is tough to believe this project raised US$150m, as this was a honeypot waiting to be emptied by the look of things.

Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
If anyone wants to see new and upcoming ICO's check out my site: http://icocountdown.com

You can also see all my due dillgence conducted at the top of the site or here:

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/

Great info!!! Thank you.
legendary
Just a little news update.  It looks like the Ethereum Foundation needs to do another hard fork.  What in the world is happening?!?

Poloniex Nullifies Replay Attacks By Properly Separating ETC and ETH
Source

No Replay Attack Vulnerability On Poloniex

One of the biggest points of confusion revolves around the so-called “replay attacks”, which is an issue that should have been addressed by ETH developers months ago. Unlike the Ethereum developers, Poloniex made sure they separated ETH and ETC as best they could, resulting in the failure of replay attacks. Every address used on the Poloniex exchange exists on only one of the two blockchains.

On the Ethereum blockchain, however, ETH and ETC are still linked together. The developers assumed ETC would lose traction, while the opposite has happened over the past few days. As a result, ETH will need to implement another hard fork to rectify this sloppy coding by the developers. Never make assumptions in the world of cryptocurrency, they will come to haunt you.

That being said, users who make a deposit to Poloniex are still vulnerable to replay attacks. That is, assuming they haven’t taken the precaution of separating their ETC and ETH funds themselves. The Poloniex system will funnel funds accordingly to direct the balances to their unique addresses on the right blockchain, though.

The best way to solve this problem is by having users do everything they can to separate both wallets at an early stage, preferably before sending funds to the exchange. Most people use the Ethereum Mist wallet, which can be utilized as a sole ETC wallet by declining activating the hard fork code during setup. Do keep in mind parity client is still in development as well.

For the time being, there are still some interesting things that will need to happen shortly. First of all, the Ethereum developers will need to clean up their code to ensure the replay attacks will be invalid by default. Secondly, Ethereum Classic will not go away even though some people may want it to. There is support for this initiative, and the interest continues to grow.

legendary
It's moving right now and poised to breakout barring a surge up in BTC.  If BTC continuous to go sideways/trend slowly down then getting in DGB now could make some profit.  But be wary, its volume is on the lower side but decent.  Be ready for any spikes up.

DGB

legendary
Check out DGB on Poloniex.  It looks like it's going to breakout.  Keep in mind this coin's volume is on the lower side, so expect a faster run up.  I will post a chart later.
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Wow… I had to doublecheck that those charts are not the same. Crazy.
legendary
A Week in Review

Ethereum:  To fork or not to fork
Source

ConsenSys is Hiring!
Source

Factom:  Factom Series 'A' - Making The World's Systems Honest
Source

MaidSafe:  Dev Update 12th July 2016
Source

NEM:  Calling for Resources
Source

Ripple:  Watch Real Money Cross Borders in Real Time
Source

Storj:  Storj and Counterparty Test Near Instantaneous Bitcoin Micropayments
Source

Waves:  Public Full Node Release Candidate
Source

I'm thinking of adding LBRY, Synereo and Steemit on the list soon.  I'm still watching how much daily trading volume they average in the market.  If it's decent enough, I'll add them.

Edit:

I would like to add that BTS (Bitshares) and FCT (Factom) still look good to buy in my opinion.  They seemed to hit their lows and are looking to start trending up now.

BTS

FCT
legendary
BTS and FCT are trying to breakout (again) on decent volume.  Let's see if this trends this time around.  I will post charts if I can later.  I have a cold at the moment.  So I'm staying in bed.  Hehe.
legendary
A quote from Mage's statement.

Source

Vitalik, you are what Charlie Lee is to Litecoin and Satoshi is to Bitcoin. You are the guidance, leadership, and vision to Ethereum. Being in such a position of power influences the future of Ethereum, to include forks. The mere suggestion to fork (short of a major bug in the base software) in your circumstance is irresponsible. Because you are the lead developer and creator, involvement of any type would again set a dangerous precedent in uncharted territories. This could have consequences worldwide in legislation, where I fear your actions today will be debated tomorrow in every congress in democratic states. A developer’s influence shapes a coin’s community and developers worldwide should stand up with me and announce their disapproval of any action on your part. Developing the code and throwing it into the wild in order for the community to decide whether to fork or not does not abstain you from the future of Ethereum due to your influence. Once the word “fork” leaves your lips for others to hear, you have already swayed the masses to a degree.

The program was set up as a contract, pointing to the code as the final word. Therefore, interpretations of the code (including bugs) are tantamount to the legalities of the “attacker(s)”.

In other words, I personally believe that the attacker was well within his rights to exploit this contract. And now the community suffers for a poor implementation of a contract.

I mentioned this before, we haven't heard from the attacker since the fiasco waned.  He could be a move or two ahead of Vitalik and co. and a hard fork will put them in more of a rut than out of it due to legalities.

The attacker may get no monetary reward from all this when lawyers get involved, but I don't think that's his (or their) primary objective.  As to what that is I don't really know.  The plot will thicken.
legendary
I came across a blog of Vlad Zamfir that said

If we place community cohesion above all of our other values, however, then in the long run it will be impossible to prevent a majority from controlling the protocol in a way that runs against our core values. If we place our values ahead of community cohesion, then when there’s an attempted majority takeover, or an irreconcilable difference in values between subsections of our community becomes evident, then the community will split and maintain separate blockchains.

My question is, isn't it the other way around?  By having a cohesive community you get a group that's easily manipulated by its leaders, while a more anarchistic group is very much harder to control and manipulate.

What do you guys think?

legendary
A Week in Review.

Bitshares:  Bitshares GUI release 2.0.160702

Source

Ethereum:  Vlad Zamfir's Thoughts On The Hard Fork

Source

Lisk:  Interview with Max Kordek

Source

Maidsafe:  Community Engagement Program

Source

NEM:  A Major Announcement

Source

Ripple:  Managing the Integration of Distributed Ledger Technology

Source

Storj:  Storj Labs adds Michael Cohn, Tyler Scriven and Warren Weber to Technical Advisory Board

Source

The DAO:  Vitalik Buterin weighs in on the ethereum blockchain hardfork options

Source

Waves:  Weekly development update

Source

I haven't read them thoroughly yet, although I came across a quote which I will post and attempt to discuss it later with you guys and will ask you what you think.
Pages:
Jump to: