Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO Projects and Crypto Platforms News and Info. Make Profitable Trades. - page 7. (Read 16554 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Just posting some of the updates in the crypto scene this past week.  Enjoy.  Smiley  And please give some suggestions of other platforms you want posted in the OP.  Thanks!

The Ethereum Foundation welcomes Microsoft as the Premiere Sponsor of Devcon2, Shanghai 19-21 September, 2016

Source

DigixDAO Company Update — 10 Jun 2016

Source

MaidSafe and Yuanbao Forge Asset Trading Partnership

Source

Who or What is DAOhub.org?

Source

Wavesplatform mainnet launched.

Source
legendary
Will The DAO Become Ethereum's MtGox?

Tual founder of Ethereum startup Slock.it which created the code on which The DAO is built told CoinDesk:  "You don’t want a bad story about Ethereum. If [The DAO] were to crash, people would compare it to Mt Gox."

http://www.coindesk.com/dao-can-keep-becoming-next-mt-gox/

They really need to figure this out ASAP.
legendary
Why no Augur?

Very low volume in the Gatecoin exchange.  And now, not listed in any exchange afaik after the hacking.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
legendary
Just for this thread's record...  Got it from another thread.  Thanks to From Above and froggy.  Smiley

Charles Hoskinson joins Lisk as a Senior Consultant

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-adds-charles-hoskinson-steven-nerayoff-as-senior-advisors-to-facilitate-product-development-5a2260613699#.30mpyftik
legendary
Stellar Co-Founder Joyce Kim resigns as executive director

Thank you, it’s been stellar.
A little over two years ago, I co-founded an ambitious nonprofit to create infrastructure that communities could use to freely design and create their own financial services. Now, the time has come for me to move on to my next project. I will be passing the torch to my co-founder, Jed McCaleb, and I will continue as Chairperson of the Board.

I have always looked at the tech industry as a powerful tool in shaping and advancing our society. I started Stellar.org because it is a technology that can make the world truly and meaningfully better. Digital currency is a great disruptor, but for me, it is time to find a new challenge. Still, the experience has been meaningful for me me both professionally and personally.

https://joycekim.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/thank-you-its-been-stellar/
legendary
Update (06/08/2016):  Removed the platforms/projects with super low volume in the exchanges.  Those that were removed had daily trading volume that stayed only in the hundreds of USD, of which we do not want people buying into because of higher chance of becoming bagholders.  Decent volume and liquidity is a must if an investor wants to get out of a trade due to various reasons.

Positive and negative feedback are now allowed as long as they're not shills and FUD.  Feedback must be articles or blogs from known devs that you might have read about a platform/project, negative or positive.  One example is this one:  http://bitcoinhivemind.com/blog/case-against-augur/.  I'm sure there are many more.  Please post them.

Removed platforms/projects:

GetGems
Omni (Mastercoin)
Neucoin
SuperNet
Swarm
Viacoin
Zifter

Added platforms/projects:

DigixDAO
Lisk
The DAO
Waves

Please suggest projects that might be good to add in the list.  Thanks!
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Anything new?  Anything to be added or deleted on the list?

Thanks.

GG article http://www.timesofisrael.com/meet-the-kibbutznik-who-wants-to-disrupt-the-global-banking-system/

Maybe you can mentioned the Crypto projects which got VC backing aswell.

I think the app looks beautiful

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Anything new?  Anything to be added or deleted on the list?

Thanks.

GG article http://www.timesofisrael.com/meet-the-kibbutznik-who-wants-to-disrupt-the-global-banking-system/

Maybe you can mentioned the Crypto projects which got VC backing aswell.
legendary
Anything new?  Anything to be added or deleted on the list?

Thanks.
Activity: 608
Merit: 264
Freedom, Natural Law
its wrong because usd had to be converted to btc on the day of funding not today at 266 anyway

Code:

bitshares 7500 btc
digibyte 940
ethereum 31531
fatcom 2287
getgems 2633
madsafe 12200
mastercoin 4700
nem 63
nxt 21
ripple 112782
stellar 11278
storj 910
supernet 5737
swarm 1200
viacoin 610
ziftr 3700
legendary
You promise charts. There are no charts.

Got lazy.  So I linked some cryptocoin charts up there.  Anyway, which projects do you think have excellent teams in your opinion?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
You promise charts. There are no charts.
legendary
Reveal Raises $1.5 Million for Crypto-Powered Social Network

Cryptocurrency-powered social network Reveal has closed $1.5m in seed funding from investors including Mike Hirshland of Resolute Ventures, Boost VC, Digital Currency Group and the Stanford StartX Fund.

Founded by Matt Ivester, former CEO of social network Kindr as well as college gossip news site JuicyCampus, and Kindr CTO Josh Beal, Reveal is perhaps best described as a visually oriented, Q&A social mobile app.

Like Instagram, SnapChat, Vine and other new social media incumbents, Reveal targets users in high school and college. Unlike these market leaders, Reveal's posts offer a unique combination of doodles, photos, video and cryptocurrency.

It's biggest asset according to its founders is reveal coin. A cryptographic token traded on the Stellar network, Ivester and Beal believe reveal coin will serve as a user engagement tool that will resonate with their target audience.

Full article...  http://www.coindesk.com/reveal-1-5-million-crypto-snapchat/
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Thanks Tokeweed for this informative thread.

Regarding the Ripple stuff you posted, I can say that there is a lot of recent positive news brewing, from the XRPtalk forum.

And as always, the Dude abides...    Cheesy
legendary
Cryptocurrency Platform GoCoin Announces Merger With Ziftr

International cryptocurrency payments platform GoCoin has announced a strategic merger with a cryptocurrency-based e-commerce company Ziftr. With this merger, both the companies will aim to increase mainstream acceptance of virtual currencies.

CEO and Founder of GoCoin, Steve Beauregard said that Bitcoin is facing a major adoption problem.

“Loyalty points play a key role in a consumer’s choice of payment method, and with the ziftrCOIN loyalty platform integrated into the ziftrWALLET, I believe we can finally give consumers the right experience to choose digital currencies over cards at checkout.”

ziftrCOIN is a digital coin designed to push more consumers to start using cryptocurrency as a mode of payment. ziftrWALLET is a mobile cryptocurrency wallet which combines the security of a desktop wallet with the speed of a cloud-based wallet.

Ziftr anticipates that its merger with the world’s leading cryptocurrency transaction platform will empower it to offer highly lucrative incentives to customers, increasing the probability that their next purchase is via cryptocurrency and not fiat cash.

But even with low-cost benefits, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies haven’t really been able to gain traction from consumers worldwide. Most fear that Bitcoin is too volatile for them while another big section expects them to be regulated first.

Full article here...  http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/06/11/cryptocurrency-platform-gocoin-announces-merger-with-ziftr/
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
out of all those coins. it seems nxt had the least funding at 21 btc. why is it that certain coins even with alot of funding doesn't even come close to what nxt has so far? im really curious to why this is.... is it really not the funding that plays a factor? so what is it? i mean all those coins have talented devs too.

The NXT IPO happened during a completely different time vs. the IPOs which came after it so they're not really comparable. NXT was the first IPO coin in existence and the success of the NXT IPO for its initial investors is the main reason why IPOs since then have been so huge in the first place.

NXT was also pretty much the first 2.0 platform as well which gave it a massive head start back when there were very few other competitors around and those that did exist were still under development (eMunie anyone?). Back then, most coins were just scrypt and SHA-256 clones based on Litecoin/Bitcoin with a logo stamped on top. NXT succeeded because BCNext created an innovative product with innovative features but few people took notice of it or believed its claims when it was first announced.

Lastly, there is also jl777. He's not a core dev but instead, he develops services that exist on top of the core protocol. jl777's assets have popularized the asset exchange and in turn developed it into NXT's greatest strength. Without him, NXT probably wouldn't be as successful as it is today.

jumanji

This is a good, clear explanation. There were only ~35 coins on CMC (Sep 2013) and it was pre-BTC pump to $1200 that brought so many of us into crypto (too many of them were destined to be shark food in 2014, unfortunately).

I jumanji'd it so I could search and find it later in my posts  Wink
legendary
Stellar Enters Legal Dispute With Bitstamp, Ripple and Jed McCaleb

The legal battle over roughly $1m in disputed funds continues between Ripple Labs and founder and ex-employee Jed McCaleb, with a flurry of new court filings over the past month setting the stage for conflict between the two sides.

In total, $1,038,172 is currently being held by digital currency exchange Bitstamp, an amount that both Ripple Labs and the Stellar Development Foundation, McCaleb's current employer, are now seeking.

Both sides have weighed in on whether the court should grant Bitstamp’s request to be discharged from the case after it filed a complaint for interpleader on 1st April. As part of that request, dated 13th May, Bitstamp asked the court for permission to transfer the funds to Stellar.

Full article:  http://www.coindesk.com/stellar-enters-legal-dispute-with-bitstamp-ripple-labs-and-jed-mccaleb/

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
out of all those coins. it seems nxt had the least funding at 21 btc. why is it that certain coins even with alot of funding doesn't even come close to what nxt has so far? im really curious to why this is.... is it really not the funding that plays a factor? so what is it? i mean all those coins have talented devs too.

The NXT IPO happened during a completely different time vs. the IPOs which came after it so they're not really comparable. NXT was the first IPO coin in existence and the success of the NXT IPO for its initial investors is the main reason why IPOs since then have been so huge in the first place.

NXT was also pretty much the first 2.0 platform as well which gave it a massive head start back when there were very few other competitors around and those that did exist were still under development (eMunie anyone?). Back then, most coins were just scrypt and SHA-256 clones based on Litecoin/Bitcoin with a logo stamped on top. NXT succeeded because BCNext created an innovative product with innovative features but few people took notice of it or believed its claims when it was first announced.

Lastly, there is also jl777. He's not a core dev but instead, he develops services that exist on top of the core protocol. jl777's assets have popularized the asset exchange and in turn developed it into NXT's greatest strength. Without him, NXT probably wouldn't be as successful as it is today.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
Pages:
Jump to: