Author

Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow. - page 123. (Read 583524 times)

Activity: 514
Merit: 353
Respect has to be earned, just like money!
Tomorrows the big day boys.. get ready for Mewn

i hope it does, but i don't think it will... i've read a quote not so long ago that " the platform will be launched 1st of august, maybe even sooner". till now we don' t hear (=read) a word about the launch, so i'm starting to doubt that it will be tomorrow...

My reaction after reading this ^

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

i hope it does, but i don't think it will... i've read a quote not so long ago that " the platform will be launched 1st of august, maybe even sooner". till now we don' t hear (=read) a word about the launch, so i'm starting to doubt that it will be tomorrow...
Activity: 933
Merit: 500
I hope that everything goes as planned and they launch tomorrow but I doubt that it will instantly effect the price. In my opinion it will take some time before we see the full impact of the public launch. We will probably the full extent when the Q3 report gets published and I think that there will be a bunch of money from ICNX fees for buybacks in Q4 Smiley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
For what I´ve heard Iconomi spent shitloads of money on US lawyers to clearify things. That and that fact that still none of the exchanges have reacted with delisting (which may all have good lawyers themselves) makes me believe that the SEC stuff is a non-issue, especially for tokens that were issued and sold prior the SEC report.

If it´s an issue in future anyway, there will be SEC compliant exchanges like https://bravenewcoin.com/news/overstock-announces-cryptosecurity-exchange-and-worlds-first-crypto-bond/

In my opinion it would be very positive and likely that US people could finally participate

Yeah, I'm fairly convinced it's a non-issue too. People are talking about it as if it's a terrible thing that we need to avoid at all costs.

It's not something that puts a black mark on ICN (or any other token that might be a security). I think the main issue is that ICOs currently represent a space where a company can potentially sell "securities" worldwide, without the hassle of dealing with the SEC in the US. That doesn't mean the tokens are doomed or anything. Just that future projects need to be careful with regards to the US, or actually fork out the money to register with the SEC (and wait for approval), if they want to enter the US market (which Iconomi already knew, and have prepared for)

Iconomi is ready to replace Vanguard  Cool
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
$20 and I will buy lambos in bulk. Cheesy

$20 and am buying hookers and blow in bulk..... Roll Eyes

Activity: 560
Merit: 113
Yes, ChainCoin is always a safe bet!

On a serious note, pleasantly surprised with the Q2 results! The Q3 results will certainly have a lower profit margin, but with the influx of all the new investors the number of burned tokens could still increase further.
Thanks Smokie, I forgot the big green text!

My shilling game is weak.

Np, bro. I got ya!
Activity: 695
Merit: 255
$20 and I will buy lambos in bulk. Cheesy
Activity: 392
Thanks Smokie, I forgot the big green text!

My shilling game is weak.
All of my 42 ICN are rdy to get unloaded on ya heads!! Learned it all from you, the best! Mendeleev was once my mentor!  Grin Tongue

Pls, advise when dump?

Dont dump lol keep hodl icn $20 by end of week trust me

*sneaks off to dump his stash...*

Buy ChainCoin  Grin

HOLY SHIAT!

Activity: 381
Merit: 250
Do you think I will get rich with 332 ICN? I have pre-ordered lambo in two years time. I'm praying.
All of my 42 ICN are rdy to get unloaded on ya heads!! Learned it all from you, the best! Mendeleev was once my mentor!  Grin Tongue

Pls, advise when dump?

Dont dump lol keep hodl icn $20 by end of week trust me

*sneaks off to dump his stash...*

Buy ChainCoin  Grin
For what I´ve heard Iconomi spent shitloads of money on US lawyers to clearify things. That and that fact that still none of the exchanges have reacted with delisting (which may all have good lawyers themselves) makes me believe that the SEC stuff is a non-issue, especially for tokens that were issued and sold prior the SEC report.

If it´s an issue in future anyway, there will be SEC compliant exchanges like https://bravenewcoin.com/news/overstock-announces-cryptosecurity-exchange-and-worlds-first-crypto-bond/

In my opinion it would be very positive and likely that US people could finally participate

Yeah, I'm fairly convinced it's a non-issue too. People are talking about it as if it's a terrible thing that we need to avoid at all costs.

It's not something that puts a black mark on ICN (or any other token that might be a security). I think the main issue is that ICOs currently represent a space where a company can potentially sell "securities" worldwide, without the hassle of dealing with the SEC in the US. That doesn't mean the tokens are doomed or anything. Just that future projects need to be careful with regards to the US, or actually fork out the money to register with the SEC (and wait for approval), if they want to enter the US market (which Iconomi already knew, and have prepared for)
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
Why dont we change the iconomi logo in pink while were at it :p we got a girl now, economic sex change.
As ICONOMI first published their whitepaper they said they will pay dividends in form of ETH to their ICN hodlers, but at a certain point they realized that this will make ICNs a security so they switched to buyback method and Jani said that they will give ICN a utility on their DAMP platform (final product).

This means ICN isn't a security anymore it's a utility token now.

As Bigsmoke is active with his moon talk and conjecture, close to an important date, you can probably expect most of his ICN to be sitting on Kraken right now, waiting to dump on your heads  Grin

Pls, advise when dump?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
As ICONOMI first published their whitepaper they said they will pay dividends in form of ETH to their ICN hodlers, but at a certain point they realized that this will make ICNs a security so they switched to buyback method and Jani said that they will give ICN a utility on their DAMP platform (final product).

It's not up to us, or Iconomi, whether it's a security or not. Your reasoning is incorrect. ICN is still arguably a security.

The fact profits are being used to buy back the token doesn't prevent it from being classed as a security. It's still a method of profit distribution, and ICN holders are still expecting the value of their investment to increase.

It is better to stick with the "we don't really know yet" position, than to claim it definitely is or isn't a security at this stage.

As Bigsmoke is active with his moon talk and conjecture, close to an important date, you can probably expect most of his ICN to be sitting on Kraken right now, waiting to dump on your heads  Grin

It's not up to us, or Iconomi, whether it's a security or not. Your reasoning is incorrect. ICN is still arguably a security.

The fact profits are being used to buy back the token doesn't prevent it from being classed as a security. It's still a method of profit distribution, and ICN holders are still expecting the value of their investment to increase.

It is better to stick with the "we don't really know yet" position, than to claim it definitely is or isn't a security at this stage.

ICN is one of those few tokens that is doing well despite low market.It is the best rewarding token for ICO investors.

MEWN INC!!!!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
ICN is one of those few tokens that is doing well despite low market.It is the best rewarding token for ICO investors.
Jump to: