Author

Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow. - page 124. (Read 583524 times)

Activity: 933
Merit: 500
Awesome! This time next year I hope to see that number below 97M. That would be an awesome achievement IMO.

Guys! They updated CMC and seems like burned over 100k ICN: https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/iconomi/#markets

Yes it will launch tomorrow!
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
Nobody wants to have security tokens! I agree with @J3p0, they'll try to make it an utility token... or was it just that from the beginning?

didn't Jani say that ICN will be used within the platform?

So that will make it a utility token then?

Btw FUCK THE SEC... Roll Eyes

As ICONOMI first published their whitepaper they said they will pay dividends in form of ETH to their ICN hodlers, but at a certain point they realized that this will make ICNs a security so they switched to buyback method and Jani said that they will give ICN a utility on their DAMP platform (final product).

This means ICN isn't a security anymore it's a utility token now.

But was the change before or after the ICO took place?

This change happened after the ICO took place.

Do you think this may have a complication? Due to ICN stating there will be the dividends payout in the whitepaper before and during the ICO, then changing it after they've realised it would be considered a security. Because a portion of investors buying in during the ICO would of most likely been just for the dividends. Maybe I'm just overthinking, guess we'll just have to wait and see from the official team.

No, not anymore because this happened already months ago.

I'm an ICO investor myself and as they published the news about switching from dividends to buybacks, sure everyone was like "HELL No, we got promised dividends!". That's a normal reaction from people and totally understandable. After a few days and as the dust had settled people started to realize that buybacks aren't that bad and therefore a lot of people hold onto their ICN. Sure you also had those people who sold their ICN because of the news but that's what you call "shaking the weak hands out".

Afterall IMO it's not about dividends or buybacks anymore because dividends are the past and buybacks are the future!

The only thing what people now want to know is - will we successfully launch on August the 1st or not!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvshXcsT-M
Activity: 381
Merit: 250

Soon. Very soon.  Cheesy
Activity: 514
Merit: 353
Respect has to be earned, just like money!
Nobody wants to have security tokens! I agree with @J3p0, they'll try to make it an utility token... or was it just that from the beginning?

As ICONOMI first published their whitepaper they said they will pay dividends in form of ETH to their ICN hodlers, but at a certain point they realized that this will make ICNs a security so they switched to buyback method and Jani said that they will give ICN a utility on their DAMP platform (final product).

Do you think this may have a complication? Due to ICN stating there will be the dividends payout in the whitepaper before and during the ICO, then changing it after they've realised it would be considered a security. Because a portion of investors buying in during the ICO would of most likely been just for the dividends. Maybe I'm just overthinking, guess we'll just have to wait and see from the official team.

No, not anymore because this happened already months ago.

I'm an ICO investor myself and as they published the news about switching from dividends to buybacks, sure everyone was like "HELL No, we got promised dividends!". That's a normal reaction from people and totally understandable. After a few days and as the dust had settled people started to realize that buybacks aren't that bad and therefore a lot of people held onto their ICN. Sure you also had those people who sold their ICN because of the news but that's what you call "shaking the weak hands out".

Afterall IMO it's not about dividends or buybacks anymore because dividends are the past and buybacks are the future!

The only thing what people now want to know is - will we successfully launch on August the 1st or not!
Activity: 671
Merit: 505
Guys! They updated CMC and seems like burned over 100k ICN: https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/iconomi/#markets

Still not a guarantee that they will released it. They need to be here and tell a word about it else this is going to be a trap. You will end up losing it you suddenly buy thousands before the real market stables tomorrow.  Selling soon.

Most probably they are ready but delay till 1st of August on purpose. If they are not, it will take another month(s). We'll know in 36 hours.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
slowly raise . As to where I can look will rise .

Roll Eyes

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
slowly raise . As to where I can look will rise .

Activity: 31

Great that's a good news they start to burn tokens.
Really looking forward to platform launch  Smiley
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617

Still not a guarantee that they will released it. They need to be here and tell a word about it else this is going to be a trap. You will end up losing it you suddenly buy thousands before the real market stables tomorrow.  Selling soon.
Activity: 695
Merit: 255

Activity: 31
I'm just about out of sync. Is ICONOMI platform still launching on 1st August ??
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

Activity: 26
If nothing happens tomorrow I guess the rest of us will dump ICN and prices may just dip back to $0.50. The release of the platform is what we are waiting since the day of ICO. I'm currently sending my ICNs to kraken and ready to dump again. I expect to see a platform but if not, we'll be seeing loss if those big whales dump before us.

Well, we all know ICN is pretty much manipulated by whales right now. So either we get some good news and see a rise in demand for ICN or then the whales do what ever they want to do with ICN.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
If nothing happens tomorrow I guess the rest of us will dump ICN and prices may just dip back to $0.50. The release of the platform is what we are waiting since the day of ICO. I'm currently sending my ICNs to kraken and ready to dump again. I expect to see a platform but if not, we'll be seeing loss if those big whales dump before us.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Activity: 26
So is ICN a utility token or a security?

Lol seek and find it !!!#!

What kind of answer is this? Nobody knows, as of yet. I hope the team clarifies this issue tomorrow when the platform goes public. My guess is that, if nothing else, they are trying to make ICN into a token which only serves utility on the platform. Maybe the buyback function is possible to integrate into ICN via automated smart contract as well, I don't know if that makes it a security though...
Jump to: